Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 95 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what he'll do, but I think he went into the process thinking he'd be slated for early second round, and would try - through the combine, workouts, etc. - to increase his stock to late first round. Hearing predictions of very late second round has to be a major disappointment for him. However, all it takes is a promise. Hornets have picks 2, 27, 34, 39 and 42. So if he gets a promise from Charlotte he's going at 42 at the latest, and he might be ok with that.

One of the other guys at the same workout Judah had is slated ahead of Judah. With that many picks would expect Charlotte moves one or two as well

If he is going to make it, it will be as a playmaker. He is not being considered because of his offense (driving to the basket) or his defense (at 175 lbs.). The 2023/24 Cuse team is not as favorable for a playmaker as last year's team.

If he is going to make it, it will be as a playmaker. He is not being considered because of his offense (driving to the basket) or his defense (at 175 lbs.). The 2023/24 Cuse team is not as favorable for a playmaker as last year's team.

Not as favorable? That's a guess. I would say that it's more favorable especially if they are playing fast which is Reds intent. You are just throwing shade.

I wonder if Judah has thought about one more year towards a degree?

The word out of Chicago is that Lonzo Ball may never play again. What does he have to fall back on with one year of college besides his father?

The word out of Chicago is that Lonzo Ball may never play again. What does he have to fall back on with one year of college besides his father?
Uh... the millions he's made and the remaining years on his guaranteed contract, maybe?

You mean in addition to the 71 mil that he has earned so far and the 40 mil he is due to be paid in the next two seasons. I'm sure a sheepskin can be bought with some of that cabbage.

I must be crazy but I am willing to bet anyone we win more than 10 games next year. We don't need Judah for that.
You're not crazy but we would need good years from our transfers.

We win Maui.
s reactions tenor GIF

I must be crazy but I am willing to bet anyone we win more than 10 games next year. We don't need Judah for that.
I think we win a minimum of 20 with Judah, probably 15 without him and one injury away from disaster.

I think we win 10 games, someone asked what the risks of coming back were, him leading another bad team won’t help him unless he has a Fultz type year.

Do you watch much NBA? Just curious.

Red signed more talent this offseason in the ACC( than JB had since at least 2016!:p

I think a good psychiatrist would enjoy flowing this thread as it has progressed over time.

It seemed most people assumed the worse early and felt Judah was gone to the NBA. Done deal.

Then after a few weeks, a couple reports that maybe not all hope was lost.

The masses on the board suddenly switched from pessimistic to optimistic. Judah was staying! Woo hoo!

But no real word from insiders. And still absolute silence from Judah. A couple people suggested he was 50-50 to stay. Or perhaps worse. And most of the board switched sides again. He gone. Woe is us. Why can’t we have good things?

Over the years, I have learned coping mechanisms to allow me to keep my sanity. They have been somewhat successful. The biggest is to assume the worst and be pleasantly surprised if something good happens.

I hope Judah stays. He was a joy to watch develop last season. If he comes back, I think he has a legit chance to be an All American. Would love to see what he can do playing some man defense, playing a more up tempo offense with better athletes to work with.

If he goes pro, hey, I wish him nothing but success. I understand his goal is to play pro ball, not play at Syracuse and playing here is a means to an end. Hope things work out toward that but I think we will be okay regardless.

I only ask one thing. Please Judah, make a decision soon. I am so sick of checking this thread and finding drivel like this post. Help us. Save us from ourselves before we all go mad!

I think a good psychiatrist would enjoy flowing this thread as it has progressed over time.

It seemed most people assumed the worse early and felt Judah was gone to the NBA. Done deal.

Then after a few weeks, a couple reports that maybe not all hope was lost.

The masses on the board suddenly switched from pessimistic to optimistic. Judah was staying! Woo hoo!

But no real word from insiders. And still absolute silence from Judah. A couple people suggested he was 50-50 to stay. Or perhaps worse. And most of the board switched sides again. He gone. Woe is us. Why can’t we have good things?

Over the years, I have learned coping mechanisms to allow me to keep my sanity. They have been somewhat successful. The biggest is to assume the worst and be pleasantly surprised if something good happens.

I hope Judah stays. He was a joy to watch develop last season. If he comes back, I think he has a legit chance to be an All American. Would love to see what he can do playing some man defense, playing a more up tempo offense with better athletes to work with.

If he goes pro, hey, I wish him nothing but success. I understand his goal is to play pro ball, not play at Syracuse and playing here is a means to an end. Hope things work out toward that but I think we will be okay regardless.

I only ask one thing. Please Judah, make a decision soon. I am so sick of checking this thread and finding drivel like this post. Help us. Save us from ourselves before we all go mad!
Last spring the Mets did their part to assist as a good distraction. This year...

If there’s one thing I’ve learned by being on this board for I think about 6 years now, is that there’s no such thing as being 50/50 around here. It’s 100/0 one way or another, just depends on the day.

Lol yep... add another 15 to that from the old days. Pretty consistent

Why? One of the meanings of blessings is to give someone support. It doesn't always mean
anything to do with God.
The most common interpretation of giving one’s blessing is granting permission.

Sounds crazy but pretty much the whole field has a whole bunch of questions pre season ranked or not. Lots of new pieces just like us. Might be some ugly hoops this years tourney across the board.

For example I would rather our situation with Judah being last minute than Purdue and Edey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors