Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 98 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday at midnight.

My new prediction is that Mintz will decide to come back to ‘Cuse, but will forget to withdraw his name in time.
there is only a 45.36% chance of that happening

You have a lot of good thoughts, but you also have some assumptions that may or may not come to pass.

I think red will be a very fine coach, but he still has to prove it. Many of Jimmy’s best coaching seasons came when the talent was relatively down.

our ability to play three guards a lot may be limited by d and rebounding issues/matchups. I would not assume we will be going with three guards more than situationally, even w Judah. Bell is probably our best pure shooter and if your going small he might need to be out there to spread the court, and he certainly can’t play with three guards.

benny’s career hallmark has been inconsistency. Yes, I expect him to be better more of the time, but can he truly get past his inconsistencies ??

your suggested lineup wo Judah looks very reasonable, and even likely, but Taylor and brown were close to bell and it is possible one of them can jump Chris. Q is the wildcard here, huge potential if he can cut down dramatically on his mistakes. It would be nice to have somebody make a big jump. Brown is my personal favorite to be that guy because he does so much, but he needs some sort of a move to generate o other than a put back.

3 guard lineups are far more commonplace so you aren't going out against a bunch of traditional lineups every night. Thus the rebounding piece isn't as much about size as it is about scheme and having guards that have good size but also get after it in all phases of the game. There is still too much some of you are leaning on JB ball and playing that more traditional 2g 2f and a C lineup. The top teams in the country over the past 5 or 6 years plus have abandoned the traditional model in favor of being more versatile. We have been behind the times and combined with talent deficiency its compounded our issues.

Our bigger lineups have continually gotten hammered on the glass by smaller more athletic teams

You have a lot of good thoughts, but you also have some assumptions that may or may not come to pass.

I think red will be a very fine coach, but he still has to prove it. Many of Jimmy’s best coaching seasons came when the talent was relatively down.

our ability to play three guards a lot may be limited by d and rebounding issues/matchups. I would not assume we will be going with three guards more than situationally, even w Judah. Bell is probably our best pure shooter and if your going small he might need to be out there to spread the court, and he certainly can’t play with three guards.

benny’s career hallmark has been inconsistency. Yes, I expect him to be better more of the time, but can he truly get past his inconsistencies ??

your suggested lineup wo Judah looks very reasonable, and even likely, but Taylor and brown were close to bell and it is possible one of them can jump Chris. Q is the wildcard here, huge potential if he can cut down dramatically on his mistakes. It would be nice to have somebody make a big jump. Brown is my personal favorite to be that guy because he does so much, but he needs some sort of a move to generate o other than a put back.
Plenty of teams play 3 guards and have no issues rebounding. Our brains have been washed seeing poor rebounding teams due to the built in defect of the zone.

Last edited:
Long gone are the days of Muggsy ( was my favorite player growing up), Zo, Larry, Dell and company. I know they became the Pels.. but still.
I was the biggest hornets fan ever. I even went to Larry Johnson’s basketball camp when I was 10 in Charlotte. Went to many games at the Charlotte coliseum including a playoff game and the hive was electric ! Still some amazing memories

Literally just a yes or no question.
The point it, you can see the numbers. He averaged 11 points, more turnovers than assists and not more than two assists or rebounds a game while shooting less than 30% from three. You can tout him as an all Acc Freshman but come on, he wasn’t good no matter how it’s spun.

The point it, you can see the numbers. He averaged 11 points, more turnovers than assists and not more than two assists or rebounds a game while shooting less than 30% from three. You can tout him as an all Acc Freshman but come on, he wasn’t good no matter how it’s spun.
I wasn’t touting, I was legitimately asking if he was on the team or not lol.

I was the biggest hornets fan ever. I even went to Larry Johnson’s basketball camp when I was 10 in Charlotte. Went to many games at the Charlotte coliseum including a playoff game and the hive was electric ! Still some amazing memories

I saw them get a win at home against the Bulls in the ‘95 playoffs. I used to love the noise meter thing followed by the buzzing sound when it got to a certain level, and also the fan jumping around behind the basket holding up a giant foam brick on opposing FT’s.

I went to see them play the sixers a few times and have an autographed Muggsy jersey still. Had the famous starter Hornets jacket( had a Bulls one too) as a kid.

Hopefully not the same people responsible for putting names on the back of retired jerseys.
So if they spell the name wrong, does it count as misinformation?

I wasn’t touting, I was legitimately asking if he was on the team or not lol.
my bad, yes he was. People have been using that to say how great he is. I think he’ll be good here but last year was hardly a successful season for him imo.

This stay or go news reminds me of his recruitment. Although thanks to a couple folks we had a bit more certainty but same thing on the absolute radio silence on the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom