Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, but playing devil's advocate here, if the $400K number for Jesse was true we can use that for Judah.

Buddy makes $500K this year on a 2-way in the G League and he didn't even get drafted. Same with Cole. If Judah sneaks into the second round it might be more favorable for him to go.

I think it will be a very close decision, again playing devil's advocate and keeping my Orange-colored emotions out of the analysis.
Here's the second side of that story...

Buddy & Cole gained virtually nothing for coming back. They were close to finished products. Low ceiling guys.

Judah could get triple that next year and have more guaranteed if he moves into first round territory.

OK, but playing devil's advocate here, if the $400K number for Jesse was true we can use that for Judah.

Buddy makes $500K this year on a 2-way in the G League and he didn't even get drafted. Same with Cole. If Judah sneaks into the second round it might be more favorable for him to go.

I think it will be a very close decision, again playing devil's advocate and keeping my Orange-colored emotions out of the analysis.
To play devil’s advocate to your devil’s advocate, he could potentially be a 1st rounder next draft if he stays. 1st round gets paid exponentially more than a late 2nd rounder. He would be compensated well here with NIL and would be playing for a potentially much better team this year than last. It’s a tough choice, but at least he’s making money either way.

I gave you a like because you rarely say anything negative, so it was fun to read that.

LOL. They were pissing me off with all the interviews where they didn’t show the game or put it on half the screen. We don’t need to see their mugs to be able to hear the interview.

To play devil’s advocate to your devil’s advocate, he could potentially be a 1st rounder next draft if he stays. 1st round gets paid exponentially more than a late 2nd rounder. He would be compensated well here with NIL and would be playing for a potentially much better team this year than last. It’s a tough choice, but at least he’s making money either way.
Here’s the thing - if a scout/team thinks there’s even a small chance returning to school might yield that kind of leap for him, they’d take him in the second round and manage the growth themselves. And they’ll make that clear in the next week. So in that case, the decision is more stark. Do you come back for what people are essentially telling you is a low % chance of growth…or go get paid and start working your way up the ladder in the pros.

Here’s the thing - if a scout/team thinks there’s even a small chance returning to school might yield that kind of leap for him, they’d take him in the second round and manage the growth themselves. And they’ll make that clear in the next week. So in that case, the decision is more stark. Do you come back for what people are essentially telling you is a low % chance of growth…or go get paid and start working your way up the ladder in the pros.
I think in Judah’s case it’s a win win. I do not see how he could be drafted lower next year barring an injury. Either way he ends up in the league. I think he makes more money in the short term (rookie contract) if he returns. This is just my opinion of course, but I believe he has more to gain from returning vs being buried in the G league.

1st rounders also get a ton more leeway by the team to make the roster

Is there even room for him if he comes back? Right now with the transfers we have 12, right?

Lol I mean we've covered this so many times. We have 12 guys. Judah is 13 and if he stays we are full if not we have an open spot to fill
Looking Around Stephen A Smith GIF by ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors