Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 99 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was the biggest hornets fan ever. I even went to Larry Johnson’s basketball camp when I was 10 in Charlotte. Went to many games at the Charlotte coliseum including a playoff game and the hive was electric ! Still some amazing memories
Bulldog - did you ever get a chance to meet Carl Scheer at a hornets game? Real nice man, and his wife Marcia. The actual father of the slam dunk competition!! He was an old family friend..

Bulldog - did you ever get a chance to meet Carl Scheer at a hornets game? Real nice man, and his wife Marcia. The actual father of the slam dunk competition!! He was an old family friend..
Never got the chance. I was pretty young but my dad took me often bc I absolutely loved going to Charlotte. They had the best starting lineup intro (other than the bulls) at that time and the best announcer. I can still picture the sound effects of when something cool would happen and then announcer getting the crowd into it on a run by saying “cmonnn Charlotte!” That’s where my obsession with basketball truly begun.
Got the LJ converse and the jordan viii aqua to wear for my games at Holy Cross. Growing up sucks lol

Uh... the millions he's made and the remaining years on his guaranteed contract, maybe?
You mean in addition to the 71 mil that he has earned so far and the 40 mil he is due to be paid in the next two seasons. I'm sure a sheepskin can be bought with some of that cabbage.
Not sure how much of that money is guaranteed if he's not playing.

Never got the chance. I was pretty young but my dad took me often bc I absolutely loved going to Charlotte. They had the best starting lineup intro (other than the bulls) at that time and the best announcer. I can still picture the sound effects of when something cool would happen and then announcer getting the crowd into it on a run by saying “cmonnn Charlotte!” That’s where my obsession with basketball truly begun.
Got the LJ converse and the jordan viii aqua to wear for my games at Holy Cross. Growing up sucks lol
Like for the Aqua 8s. Classic.

It's, uh... it's all guaranteed for the duration of the contract.

NBA doesn't work the way the NFL does.
Even if he never plays again? It would be hard to believe there would not be clauses to that effect.

Even if he never plays again? It would be hard to believe there would not be clauses to that effect.
So the clause is that the teams have insurance policies that pay out the contract if the player's career ends prematurely due to injury. The NBA also has cap exceptions for teams that have a guy that soaks up a lot of cap that gets injured.

But for Ball, he will see every penny of his guaranteed deals regardless of if he is never cleared to play another NBA minute.

You have a lot of good thoughts, but you also have some assumptions that may or may not come to pass.

I think red will be a very fine coach, but he still has to prove it. Many of Jimmy’s best coaching seasons came when the talent was relatively down.

our ability to play three guards a lot may be limited by d and rebounding issues/matchups. I would not assume we will be going with three guards more than situationally, even w Judah. Bell is probably our best pure shooter and if your going small he might need to be out there to spread the court, and he certainly can’t play with three guards.

benny’s career hallmark has been inconsistency. Yes, I expect him to be better more of the time, but can he truly get past his inconsistencies ??

your suggested lineup wo Judah looks very reasonable, and even likely, but Taylor and brown were close to bell and it is possible one of them can jump Chris. Q is the wildcard here, huge potential if he can cut down dramatically on his mistakes. It would be nice to have somebody make a big jump. Brown is my personal favorite to be that guy because he does so much, but he needs some sort of a move to generate o other than a put back.
If the three guards aren't shooting well enough from three, and the opponents defense is getting too tight to drive, the solution will be Bell/Taylor instead of one of the non shooter guards.

Williams is almost certainly one of our best shooters, so you don't sub him out for Bell if you need more shooting.

If that isn't enough, you could zone bust with Williams, Bell and Taylor with Mintz and McLeod and hope we make enough and rebound enough misses to make up for not being able to drive.

Or couple best lineups might include McLeod, Williams, Bell, Starling and Mintz, with Bell in for Westry. Two good penetrators with two good catch and shoot forwards and a center who can catch the alley oop.

Have mercy please. Has anyone down a statistical analysis of other players in judahs general position/situation and how many go and stay? Sorry but desperate for info

Bottom line, any player selected mid 2nd round to the last pick of the draft does not have a decent chance of making it in the league. The investment made by a team in a mid to late 2nd rounder is not worth the team being patient for good returns. If a player is only a freshman and experts are advising that he go back to school for at least another year to get better and move up to the 1st round the following year, it just makes sense to do so especially in this new era of NIL. A middle class kid like Judah does not need to rush and take a 2nd rounder's risk. It's admirable to have confidence and self belief, but common sense trumps all. If Ennis, Lydon, McCullough and Richardson (all who left school before they should have) were not 1st round picks but drafted in the 2nd, they would have been out of the league after year one and not be millionaires.
This post deserves a thousand likes. It sums up the situation perfectly.

The point it, you can see the numbers. He averaged 11 points, more turnovers than assists and not more than two assists or rebounds a game while shooting less than 30% from three. You can tout him as an all Acc Freshman but come on, he wasn’t good no matter how it’s spun.

I think you're being too critical, to be honest.

So the clause is that the teams have insurance policies that pay out the contract if the player's career ends prematurely due to injury. The NBA also has cap exceptions for teams that have a guy that soaks up a lot of cap that gets injured.

But for Ball, he will see every penny of his guaranteed deals regardless of if he is never cleared to play another NBA minute.

Yes, but if there are player or team options, anything after that decision date is NOT guaranteed.

Yes, but if there are player or team options, anything after that decision date is NOT guaranteed.
Well, yes, that's why they're called options.

Sports fans, we don't need to make this more complicated than it is.

Folks have been too busy laying pipe on memorial day weekend (myself included).

Check back again tomorrow at noon.
I was trying to lay some pipe but the zipper on my starter jacket got stuck. I panicked, was getting overheated, and tried to pull it off over my head. My head got stuck and vertigo took over. I fell, crashing through my coffee table. All the cheerleaders slowly marched out. Maybe tomorrow

I was trying to lay some pipe but the zipper on my starter jacket got stuck. I panicked, was getting overheated, and tried to pull it off over my head. My head got stuck and vertigo took over. I fell, crashing through my coffee table. All the cheerleaders slowly marched out. Maybe tomorrow
Vt8x.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors