Judah Mintz | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz

nice having quality depth!

We have two good centers, three power forwards who can give us something, three good young talents at small forwards and three guards, two with a lot of experience and one with a lot of talent who seems to be learning quickly. They are all in various stages of development and have various strengths and weaknesses, but the bottom line is that Jim doesn't have to play a guy who isn't getting the job done for 40 minutes. He's got options and he's willing to use them.

10 games in, (mostly competitive) and nobody is playing more minutes per game than 31.9.

While Judah was not all THAT close to a triple double, it made me think about which Syracuse player last had one and it was 21 years ago by our very own Allen Griffin in 2001. He had 14 points 10 rebounds and 11 assists.

The last person to have one against us you ask?
It happened just the other night versus Illinois. Coleman Hawkins had 15 points 10 rebounds and 10 assists.
Mcw never had one??

It seems Judah has instilled a fire in this team that wasn't there last year.... JG3 is chest bumping showing emotion ... Bennie playing with the fire we expected to see last year and the other freshmen starting to get it....

It seems Judah has instilled a fire in this team that wasn't there last year... JG3 is chest bumping showing emotion ... Bennie playing with the fire we expected to see last year and the other freshmen starting to get it...
Thank you for the comment but, more importantly, thank you for not starting another Judah thread.

Last edited:
Imagine not having him on this team?
Have to a shout out to JJ Starling. If he had selected Syracuse as the college to play basketball, Judah Mintz would probably signed some where other than Syracuse.

At this time, Judah Mintz is a better all round player than Starling is and fits on the Syracuse team.

Starling is /will be a good player but he does not show the skills that Judah has at this moment of their development.

Have to a shout out to JJ Starling. If he had selected Syracuse as the college to play basketball, Judah Mintz would probably signed some where other than Syracuse.

At this time, Judah Mintz is a better all round player than Starling is and fits on the Syracuse team.

Starling is /will be a good player but he does not show the skills that Judah has at this moment of their development.
And don't forget that Judah originally verbaled to Pitt so our coaches did a great job with him coming here.

We have two good centers, three power forwards who can give us something, three good young talents at small forwards and three guards, two with a lot of experience and one with a lot of talent who seems to be learning quickly. They are all in various stages of development and have various strengths and weaknesses, but the bottom line is that Jim doesn't have to play a guy who isn't getting the job done for 40 minutes. He's got options and he's willing to use them.

10 games in, (mostly competitive) and nobody is playing more minutes per game than 31.9.

Just what the board has wanted for years - great that Jim is finally listening to us.

Judah was great tonight. Really played mistake free basketball. It won’t show up in the box score, but after we got the lead, he had one of the best defensive possessions I’ve seen in a long time from a Syracuse guard. Forced a really bad shot after the ND player couldn’t get by him.

Just great great defense.

If he’s back next year how are we not a top 15 team?

To be a top 15 team, you need a team of balanced scorers, rebounders, defenders and passers. Ideally, it would be nice to have depth at all positions, This year, we have it at PG, shooting guard, and somewhat at center (defensively).

Next year, there is a gap at center, shooting guard, and PG. Hima will be solid as a defensive center but limited offensively with no established backup. Carey will be even more of a project due to injury and delay in development . JBA may be around but is not much a solution offensively or defensively.

PF will be good hands with Benny and Maliq (I see Maliq filling in as the backup center). SF will be Chris B and if needed, JT.

The guard positions will be Judah, Quadir and JT. It is a little tight. I don’t see Symir returning to play limited minutes.

For Syracuse to be a contender next year, they will need an offensive C, another CG and another Forward.

To be a top 15 team, you need a team of balanced scorers, rebounders, defenders and passers. Ideally, it would be nice to have depth at all positions, This year, we have it at PG, shooting guard, and somewhat at center (defensively).

Next year, there is a gap at center, shooting guard, and PG. Hima will be solid as a defensive center but limited offensively with no established backup. Carey will be even more of a project due to injury and delay in development . JBA may be around but is not much a solution offensively or defensively.

PF will be good hands with Benny and Maliq (I see Maliq filling in as the backup center). SF will be Chris B and if needed, JT.

The guard positions will be Judah, Quadir and JT. It is a little tight. I don’t see Symir returning to play limited minutes.

For Syracuse to be a contender next year, they will need an offensive C, another CG and another Forward.

Question will be around what Joe and Jesse do. Especially with no 2023 recruits. Unless something changes there is no one to come in a press this group on playing time.

Additionally if Benny does move on that opens up minutes for guys like Quadir at the 3 or a taller 3G lineup.

Question will be around what Joe and Jesse do. Especially with no 2023 recruits. Unless something changes there is no one to come in a press this group on playing time.

Additionally if Benny does move on that opens up minutes for guys like Quadir at the 3 or a taller 3G lineup.
Hopefully Judah stays

Judah, JT, Bell, Maliq, TBD center that can rim run.

JT and Bell spacing, Maliq in the dunker spot, Judah running high pick and roll.

Q floating like Pace could for backup mins, including backup PG. Hima backup center. We need a starting center. We need a third forward and another guard.

I'm assuming Joe, Jesse, Sy and Benny are all gone. I'm assuming Carey still won't be ready. No inside info, just my guess.

Judah, JT, Bell, Maliq, TBD center that can rim run.

JT and Bell spacing, Maliq in the dunker spot, Judah running high pick and roll.

Q floating like Pace could for backup mins, including backup PG. Hima backup center. We need a starting center. We need a third forward and another guard.

I'm assuming Joe, Jesse, Sy and Benny are all gone. I'm assuming Carey still won't be ready. No inside info, just my guess.
It's possible the relationship with Benny is just shot, but I wonder if with a good rebounder in Maliq if Benny could evolve into a center for us.

He'd go from being a limited forward offensively to a dynamic scoring threat from the 5. We'd need more rebounding and shot blocking, but he'd have a lot of time in system to understand the zone rotations.

It's probably not happening anywhere but in my head.

It's possible the relationship with Benny is just shot, but I wonder if with a good rebounder in Maliq if Benny could evolve into a center for us.

He'd go from being a limited forward offensively to a dynamic scoring threat from the 5. We'd need more rebounding and shot blocking, but he'd have a lot of time in system to understand the zone rotations.

It's probably not happening anywhere but in my head.
He’d be better there than Jimmy, but I just don’t see him being big enough to defend the rim in a 2-3 zone.

Maybe if we played man and we fronted the post as a rule, and pressured the ball?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom