Judah Mintz | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz

Good for Judah. He's the type of talent who'll be fine. He's another one of these kids from
HS who maybe wasn't a pure PG that SU would like to turn into one, and it worked with
MCW (2 years) and Gbinje (3). That is not an instant process.

What I think SU needs to do is find a better gameplan to succeed. The iso ball that they
have run for the last N years doesn't work unless you have kids who can do that. You
need an actual gameplan that moves the ball into the post, crosscourt, lots of other
things, other than just pick and roll or iso ball. To put it a little better, there are lots of
teams with less talent that run gameplans that run more smoothly. If SU is not going to
chase the talent level it has had, and that is always in flux, then it needs to coach
success. The pieces have been there for the last few years for a fundamentally solid team
to do well. But even JB's most ardent supporters should concede his teams have not
always been fundamentally solid. This year's team, and last year's scream for feeding the
post and then pivoting to throw a crosscourt pass to an open shooter. Last year's team
desperately needed a ballhandler who could drive, draw the D, and find an open shooter.

Fix that, and SU has enough talent to succeed.

This is a great article! Judah doesn’t flinch from his mistakes, he constantly tries to improve, he watches film, talks to the coaches, practices in the gym when he’s not required to. And his teammates were compassionate with him. It did my heart and mind good to read this article.
This can go one of two ways, one who doesn’t flinch from mistakes will make them over and over, especially if there is no reason for them to change. It doesn’t seem he’s humbled at all, athletes need to have short memories, but they also need to have self awareness and until Judah demonstrates he can control a game a puff piece after one of the most selfish plays at the end of a game I’ve ever seen I’m going to need to see it.

The practicing in the gym thing, if we have players who don’t do that or ever have one that doesn’t do that I wouldn’t care if they shipped said player to LeMoyne.

It's possible the relationship with Benny is just shot, but I wonder if with a good rebounder in Maliq if Benny could evolve into a center for us.

He'd go from being a limited forward offensively to a dynamic scoring threat from the 5. We'd need more rebounding and shot blocking, but he'd have a lot of time in system to understand the zone rotations.

It's probably not happening anywhere but in my head.

I had wondered this when the word came out he was now up to 6-10. Can he put on the kind of muscle like Etan did and be a force at that spot?

This can go one of two ways, one who doesn’t flinch from mistakes will make them over and over, especially if there is no reason for them to change. It doesn’t seem he’s humbled at all, athletes need to have short memories, but they also need to have self awareness and until Judah demonstrates he can control a game a puff piece after one of the most selfish plays at the end of a game I’ve ever seen I’m going to need to see it.

The practicing in the gym thing, if we have players who don’t do that or ever have one that doesn’t do that I wouldn’t care if they shipped said player to LeMoyne.
Did you see his face at the end of the game? Was he feeling cocky? He was devastated and embarrassed, and rather than being sullen or defensive, he talked openly about how he hopes to learn from that experience.

Will he learn? That remains to be seen. Does he know he needs to do better or he’s not going anywhere, I believe so.

Sophomore year Flynn had Paul Harris, AO, Devo, Andy Rations, KJo, Rick Jackson, Scoop (was that his suspension year?), KONG... Is that level of talent ever coming back under THIS coaching staff? I'd love to see it.

Sophomore year Flynn had Paul Harris, AO, Devo, Andy Rations, KJo, Rick Jackson, Scoop (was that his suspension year?), KONG... Is that level of talent ever coming back under THIS coaching staff? I'd love to see it.

Like I said do what it takes. I'm not sure what the soph version of these frosh look like.. but Mintz is a star, 5th year Jesse... and honestly just do what it takes to get what is needed via returnees, development and the portal.

Like I said do what it takes. I'm not sure what the soph version of these frosh look like.. but Mintz is a star, 5th year Jesse... and honestly just do what it takes to get what is needed via returnees, development and the portal.
Whether next year is JB's last, or the next coach's first, everything possible needs to be done to get Judah and Jesse back for one more year. Should be the biggest priority.

Like JB said, Jesse is just starting to scratch the surface of what he can do. Of course, he can be on an European team, but he won’t play. He lacks strength and a face up game. I think he can develop a good face up game. Another year at SU could do wonders for his pro potential. Number one job is to get his girlfriend a high paying job in Syracuse. She’s also from the Netherlands and a SU grad. She stays, he probably stays.

My only hope on Mintz coming back is nil. Without a sizeable nil agreement, forgetabouit. Jesse is more complicated due to his pro prospects and that he doesn't live in the US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom