Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist? | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist?

Do we still think another school is going to pay Judah upwards of 750k-1M to have has Reece Davis state multiple times last night “here comes another sideways looking shot”?!
I can see another school making the mistake of doing so, but will they? I don't know and nor do I care.

Let's remember that Judah was down to juggernauts Pitt and DePaul out of HS. I think his warts were well known at the time he was recruited and for SU he was the best choice remaining after Dior flaked and JJ went to ND. I also think it's fairly obvious Red wanted JJ over both of them out of HS but JAB wasn't on board with it.

Depends on the money we have and what we have to spend it on. Business 101. How much to we spend on Bell? Or a quality big? Only so much juice in the Orange. In a perfect world, bring everyone back. We are playing so much better over the course of the eyar. And with Freeman coming in. Maybe the missing piece. But we don't know what we don't know. How much cash we have and what we have to spend it on.
Here is my order of importance

Cope
Brown
Bell
Assuming the transfers dont want to or its harder to leave.

JJ
Cuffe.
Chance

Others

Patterson.

My two cents is that we retain everyone other than Himma and Judah, Possibly Bell and roll with that team. Red likes Taylor and i believe he will be back

watching judah's game i think BETTER CALL SAUL

"slipping jimmy is back in town. "

Without Judah we would be lucky to be at 500 this year. If he doesn't go pro we should pay him to stay. He is playing lights out .

I'm fine with the coaching staff paying Judah to induce him to return.

But what if the head coach doesn't want him back, or thinks an amiable split / clean break is best for both parties?

The situation isn't as cut and dry as you are portraying.

But what if the head coach doesn't want him back, or thinks an amiable split / clean break is best for both parties?

I think that Judah is a great player. Every time i hear him interviewed he comes across well. Articulate, and seems to be a very good teammate. I also like his desire to win. It's actually why I believe he tries to score as much as he does as he has more confidence in himself than the others. Personally, if he had better surrounding talent, I think you would see him distribute more. As Dash says it comes down to how much and who do we spend the money on. Personally, I would save money on Bell and give the extra to Judah Cope and Brown.

I think that Judah is a great player. Every time i hear him interviewed he comes across well. Articulate, and seems to be a very good teammate. I also like his desire to win. It's actually why I believe he tries to score as much as he does as he has more confidence in himself than the others. Personally, if he had better surrounding talent, I think you would see him distribute more. As Dash says it comes down to how much and who do we spend the money on. Personally, I would save money on Bell and give the extra to Judah Cope and Brown.
You want to double down on terrible shooting in 2024?

Why does he only choose to play defense at certain times if he wants to win so bad?

He is a terrific talent, and a smart kid.

But maybe not the right fit.

And maybe clashes with the head coach too much, on and off the court.

So, not just as cut and dry as "pay the kid."

No offense I don't think that math adds up.

Regardless if Red wants him back or not (or if Judah wants to be here), let's table that...

Judah may not make his decision until late. We have a finite amount of NIL money. So we are not only losing out on other players because of potential back and forth on the amount of the bag, but just on the sheer time for him to make his decision.

That's a very precarious spot to be in.

Also, I reject the premise that your quoted poster said. If we don't have Judah, we get that NIL money back. We also have Q running more lead guard + whoever Judah's NIL money would be put to use for.

This isn't a thing where you just take off Judah and nothing else happens. That's a ridiculous way to look at it.

Why does he only choose to play defense at certain times if he wants to win so bad?

Just reject the premise of the post. It's just simpler that way.

Judah is so good, he's slid off of draft boards, Givony ranked him the 18th best PG prospect and I'll wait to see if Kentucky or Duke or another elite team comes knocking for him.

Regardless if Red wants him back or not (or if Judah wants to be here), let's table that...

Judah may not make his decision until late. We have a finite amount of NIL money. So we are not only losing out on other players because of potential back and forth on the amount of the bag, but just on the sheer time for him to make his decision.

That's a very precarious spot to be in.

Also, I reject the premise that your quoted poster said. If we don't have Judah, we get that NIL money back. We also have Q running more lead guard + whoever Judah's NIL money would be put to use for.

This isn't a thing where you just take off Judah and nothing else happens. That's a ridiculous way to look at it.
If Red decides he wants to split, he doesn’t have to wait for Judah to say anything publicly or make a decision. I think Red is moving on so we won’t be “held hostage” by Judahs decision timeline.

IMO,​

Judah needs to mature. Basketball is a team game, it’s not all about him.
He even distracts himself from the task at hand; example, last night, he was taking a free throw and prior to his shot, he got into a wining bout with the official and missed the sho.
He needs to mature and focus on what’s best for his team and not his ego!
I can’t imagine Red and the rest of the staff fighting to keep him.
That’s a problem that only Judah can fix and our coaches have better things to do to prepare for next season.

Here is my order of importance

Cope
Brown
Bell
Assuming the transfers dont want to or its harder to leave.

JJ
Cuffe.
Chance

Others

Patterson.

My two cents is that we retain everyone other than Himma and Judah, Possibly Bell and roll with that team. Red likes Taylor and i believe he will be back
I like this. Bell who knows what is going through his head with a portal. I still think if Bennet calls Taylor he's going home. Bennet needs scorers though and Taylor aint' that.

Here’s something to consider re Judah —

Judah got feedback from the NBA after last season. He chose to come back to college.

The 2024 draft is the worst in over a decade. It should be ripe for someone looking to get drafted.

But Judah has been trending one way — off any draft board for 2024 and Givony has him as the last pick for 2025 now and currently 18th best PG prospect at the moment.

So, after speaking with the NBA after last year and then trending the exact wrong way, was that because:

1) Judah can’t improve on what they told him or
2) Judah won’t improve on what they told him

If it’s the former, his limitations are readily apparent. Maybe it was just never going to happen, but that seems odd since he had been showing up on draft boards.

If it’s the latter, and Judah won’t heed what NBA people told him to improve on so he can get drafted and make millions in the best league in the world, then I’m guessing he may not always heed what our coaches want.

Maybe it’s somewhere in the middle. But he got feedback from the NBA, his draft stock then went the wrong way and now it seems like he’s staying in college again, just not with us.

I like this. Bell who knows what is going through his head with a portal. I still think if Bennet calls Taylor he's going home. Bennet needs scorers though and Taylor aint' that.
Bell is interesting. He’s the type of guy that if he told teams he’d be willing to come off the bench for 18-20mpg I bet he’d get a ton of interest from elite teams. But he won’t get as many shots as he does here.

I love his shooting but we need to be stronger at the 3 with our perimeter D and rebounding.

Why do people keep talking about NIL concerns? Did we not just watch our NIL program open the checkbook up for every single player Brown wanted about 50 of them.

Going into a 3rd year with no tourney do we really think Autry is not going to get the money he needs for 10 guys?

Judah got feedback from the NBA after last season. He chose to come back to college.

The 2024 draft is the worst in over a decade. It should be ripe for someone looking to get drafted.

But Judah has been trending one way — off any draft board for 2024 and Givony has him as the last pick for 2025 now and currently 18th best PG prospect at the moment.

So, after speaking with the NBA after last year and then trending the exact wrong way, was that because:

If it’s the former, his limitations are readily apparent. Maybe it was just never going to happen, but that seems odd since he had been showing up on draft boards.

If it’s the latter, and Judah won’t heed what NBA people told him to improve on so he can get drafted and make millions in the best league in the world, then I’m guessing he may not always heed what our coaches want.

Maybe it’s somewhere in the middle. But he got feedback from the NBA, his draft stock then went the wrong way and now it seems like he’s staying in college again, just not with us.
They told him to shoot the 3 better - he shot 29.3% this year after shooting 30.3% last year.

They told him to be a facilitator - he averaged 4.5apg this year after averaging 4.6apg last year.

Or maybe they'll look at the ACC stat leaders and see him being a PG getting 20 wins with a first year head coach and a team with a completely injured / dismissed front court and say oh there's more to it.

You are right that he is not on draft boards but there's more to saying he just didn't try.

They told him to shoot the 3 better - he shot 29.3% this year after shooting 30.3% last year.

They told him to be a facilitator - he averaged 4.5apg this year after averaging 4.6apg last year.
I can't imagine putting less effort into shooting correctly than seventh and fourth graders with poor genetics with millions of dollars at stake

What do players learn at these academies like oak Hill and img

Or maybe they'll look at the ACC stat leaders and see him being a PG getting 20 wins with a first year head coach and a team with a completely injured / dismissed front court and say oh there's more to it.

You are right that he is not on draft boards but there's more to saying he just didn't try.

Ah aggregate stats. Thankfully the nba evaluates players differently than you do.

If he tried, then it means he couldn’t fix what they asked. I find that hard to believe, but if true, tough for Judah, but that’s life.

Why do people keep talking about NIL concerns? Did we not just watch our NIL program open the checkbook up for every single player Brown wanted about 50 of them.
NIL is shadow work and basketball isn't football. My assumption is that we can get what we need, but we're not going to be a leader in payroll year over year.

You’ve never played basketball if you think he’s a great teammate.

Everyone keeps saying that Judah was told by the NBA to go back to school and become a better 3 point shooter and facilitator.

Then they say he hasn't improved in those two areas so that's evidence that Judah doesn't listen to coaching or work hard enough.

Maybe Judah did listen to that advice, works really hard & wants to improve on them but still can't do those two things well enough for the NBA.

Not every player is good enough for the NBA and there is nothing wrong with Judah if he isn't.

Everyone keeps saying that Judah was told by the NBA to go back to school and become a better 3 point shooter and facilitator.

Then they say he hasn't improved in those two areas so that's evidence that Judah doesn't listen to coaching or work hard enough.

Maybe Judah did listen to that advice, works really hard & wants to improve on them but still can't do those two things well enough for the NBA.

Not every player is good enough for the NBA and there is nothing wrong with Judah if he isn't.
Have you seen any evidence whatsoever of these supposed attempts? He’s worse at both.

You say this but are totally cool with JJ starting at the two next year? A guy who is significantly worse at defense?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom