Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist? | Syracusefan.com

Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist?

"Mintz, who is shooting 29.6% from three this season, is known as a downhill attacker who can score at the rim with ease."

Nothing easy about it

"He will surely be looking to improve his perimeter shooting ability this offseason as he looks to boost his future draft stock"

Surely this must be from last off season

Last edited:
(Brycen Goodine also on the list)
In a vacuum, makes sense for Judah (who I am a fan of). He'd be excommunicated, ... because the Hoyas!?!.
This is not Louis Orr for a new generation.

gotta think if he's gonna go the portal route it's to a contender and not a desperate rebuild

edit- unless the bag is muy muy grande, which it sounds like maybe that's all he/his camp is after...

Last edited:
Judah Mintz was on Trilly Donovan’s list of players who is expected to portal (basically wants biggest bag).

Bryce Hopkins already announced he was planning on coming back to PC next year… Brycen Goodine played at Prov under Cooley so preexisting relationship.

Anyone can pull up Synergy video or stats, but what coaches hate most about the portal (or one of the things they hate most about the portal) is that it's much harder but no less important to conduct due diligence and build relationships to know what kind of kid you're getting. It's a stark change from the times when you'd spend multiple years getting to know kids with several visits and phone calls. So "tampering" rules the day.

From Trilly Donovan and other 'insiders', it appears an open secret that Judah's camp is shopping for an NIL bag behind the scenes. We will see if Red and co want to play this type of ball after just going through a bidding war with Jesse, although this may just be the new norm in college hoops.

The thought of Judah -> G'Town transpiring is nothing short of staggering.

From Trilly Donovan and other 'insiders', it appears an open secret that Judah's camp is shopping for an NIL bag behind the scenes. We will see if Red and co want to play this type of ball after just going through a bidding war with Jesse, although this may just be the new norm in college hoops.

He'd become an all time villian.

I would say goodbye to Judah for basketball reasons, but I’m sure that may end up being a bit controversial around here.

Eh, it's part of the landscape these days. Not saying you have to like it, of course.

I personally like Judah, but not enough to get in that kind of bidding war. Let Q take over PG or see if Red can find a mid-major PG who's hungry and ready for a step up in competition.

I would say goodbye to Judah for basketball reasons, but I’m sure that may end up being a bit controversial around here.
I am with you. If he wanted to come back and work his butt off on his shot and improving his basketball IQ, I would love him back. But, he got the info from the NBA on what he needed to improve and he hasn't improved at all. If he were a leader, he would come back a new man and get us a deep run in the tournament next year. But, a cash grab is just as good.

From Trilly Donovan and other 'insiders', it appears an open secret that Judah's camp is shopping for an NIL bag behind the scenes.
If true….those are the signs of someone who’s not serious about making the Association, imo.

I count 7 players drafted in the 1st round that were Jrs or older. A grand total of 0 transferred after the Soph year, only 1 did after his Frosh year (Prosper).

Anyone that has seen him play this season cannot really say he is the one responsible for winning multiple games. He may be responsible for helping pull out some early wins. Not so much in acc play. In fact his play has probably resulted in some acc losses.
Personally I want a prue pg. A court distributor. I’d rather have a guy give me 8 points and 10 assists. Make the players around you better and play as a team.
Looking at the last game Mintz had 3 assists in 28 minutes. Cuffe had 2 in 9 minutes. Not saying cuffe should be the point but I expect more than three assists from the starting pg.

Can anyone here confirm whether or not Judah is looking to leave for a NIL bag?

This is devastating to me if true. But it's the state of the sport.

I am with you. If he wanted to come back and work his butt off on his shot and improving his basketball IQ, I would love him back. But, he got the info from the NBA on what he needed to improve and he hasn't improved at all. If he were a leader, he would come back a new man and get us a deep run in the tournament next year. But, a cash grab is just as good.
I’m not sure he is going to change his style of play. I cannot figure out if the coaches do not work on his game or he does not listen.
If he wants to move on then as others said use nil money to target other players.

Can anyone here confirm whether or not Judah is looking to leave for a NIL bag?

This is devastating to me if true. But it's the state of the sport.
If he doesn't want to be here, then let him go. We need guys that are willing to do what it takes to win. And, coaches that can teach them what it takes to win.

Looking Around Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom