Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist? | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist?

Anybody who watched Judah play last night and doesn’t want him back is nuts. He was dominant last night. He was actually spectacular last night. This team is just scratching their potential. Red did a great job last night bringing players to the high screen to get Pedulla matched up with Mintz. Judah scored at will with that switch. There’s not three better players in JJ, Juda and Copeland with the ability to create mismatches and get to the basket. It was fun last night to actually have a little “show time” back in the Dome.
Autry said he's a guy. They were making a run and Judah just dribbles right into the lane like it was nothing and makes an easy floater. They had no answer,

Doesn’t sound like Judah transferring would necessarily be NIL driven. Would be more similar
to Joe leaving.
Can you explain this more?

My understanding of the Joe situation was JJ was going to start as a better system fit and Joe would not get as many minutes as the last 4 years which translated to coaxing him out the door. Has Red hooked a true PG and he wants to slide Judah off ball and play a 3-guard lineup? I can't imagine Judah sitting much if he's here next year, but I could see a different role and a few less mins depending on who comes in.

Can you explain this more?

My understanding of the Joe situation was JJ was going to start as a better system fit and Joe would not get as many minutes as the last 4 years which translated to coaxing him out the door. Has Red hooked a true PG and he wants to slide Judah off ball and play a 3-guard lineup? I can't imagine Judah sitting much if he's here next year, but I could see a different role and a few less mins depending on who comes in.
My guess is Red wants to play a certain way (fast), and Judah wants to play differently. I sense frustration on both sides.

Loved Laz at the end but he barely played until he was a SR and was a D first guy playing within himself and passing to far more talented players.

How can otherwise intelligent posters be dumb enough to compare a top 10 ACC scorer as a FR and SO to him? Even Q vs Laz was a reach because he played so little for his first 2 years.
^^^Syracuse fans love combo guards

Backhanded compliment of "playing within himself and passing to far more talented players"

Agree. At his best, Z was surrounded by Senior Wallace, Otis, Cipolla, Burgan and a host of others. Judah isn't surrounded by any of that.

There is always a tendency to compare young current players to our memories of former players when they were at their peak.

If Judah declares for the draft, so be it. If not, I really hope he returns to SU and not to the portal.

This young team has a host of problems and very few are related to Judah. Throughout the season, there has been a lot of butt hurt from fans who expect Judah to carry the team on his back and make up for the deficiencies elsewhere.
He's surrounded by much better players than cipolla for sure

My guess is Red wants to play a certain way (fast), and Judah wants to play differently. I sense frustration on both sides.
I agree there appears to be philosophical differences, but I would hope Red already knows he definitely has someone who will translate to more wins if it's going to result in Judah transferring.

Yes this much is obvious just watching the games especially when Judah does sit and we get to see Q, JJ and even Kyle push the ball a lot more. I don't understand it either because Judah would flourish pushing the ball IMO. He made a horrible pump fake pass to actual telegraphed pass intended for JJ that wound up in a Pedulla layup. However right after that bad play he pushed the ball, drove the lane and made a beautiful assist to Brown. With Judah's ability to draw fouls/make pull up/finish acrobatically and find teammates it doesn't make sense that he always wants to walk the ball up. I think he would be more successful pushing the ball even 20% of the time that would also make him a more dangerous player in half court because defenses would have less opportunity to figure out how to defend him.

If Judah transfers, regardless of the reason, that will be a bad look for SU. Losing our top contributer to the portal two years in a row...not good optics. Really hope he either stays for year 3 or chases his NBA dreams.

Yes this much is obvious just watching the games especially when Judah does sit and we get to see Q, JJ and even Kyle push the ball a lot more. I don't understand it either because Judah would flourish pushing the ball IMO. He made a horrible pump fake pass to actual telegraphed pass intended for JJ that wound up in a Pedulla layup. However right after that bad play he pushed the ball, drove the lane and made a beautiful assist to Brown. With Judah's ability to draw fouls/make pull up/finish acrobatically and find teammates it doesn't make sense that he always wants to walk the ball up. I think he would be more successful pushing the ball even 20% of the time that would also make him a more dangerous player in half court because defenses would have less opportunity to figure out how to defend him.
And in the NBA you don't walk the ball up the floor. They have the 24 second clock, you push it up fast.

Last night we saw a VT defense that was exactly what Judah feasts on. We have also seen defenses that Judah spent a lot of time bouncing in and out of.

In the NBA his drives to the basket could end him up on the floor without a basket and with a few bruises.

Judah won't be back next year. Probably won't be in the portal.
If he won’t be in the portal I’m assuming (hoping) that means he’s going all in on the draft. Which I think is what we all expected heading into the year.

Have reasons? Yes. Share those reasons. No, other than to say some go beyond any issues with Adam’s “flamboyant “ style.

IMO there is a road to get Adam back onboard, but it would take some effort and contrition on both sides.
This sounds like something JB should be facilitating in his “fundraising” gig. Sit them down to break bread. I for one miss the celebrities looking at their phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom