Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist? | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist?

One thing I know for certain is that if Judah goes to Georgetown and we play them he will go like 20-22 from the line against us. Because that’s how the universe is.
Nah, he’s not getting to the line against us, Joe just told his teammates how to play him and he was useless both games. You let him drive and the second he starts running AT you you back off and his distorted putting a shot off the rim.

Drawing fouls is an incredible skill, that’s not what Judah does, he plays to get fouled. Absolute trash game.

Last edited:
One thing I know for certain is that if Judah goes to Georgetown and we play them he will go like 20-22 from the line against us. Because that’s how the universe is.
ok . but make each and every foul count cough (excessive) cough...

Total insanity. If Judah didn't " Hog" the ball we don't win 15 games. Kid carried us on his back all year. Surround him with Freeman, Bell, JJ, Brown and this is a different team. Yes one player Freeman will make everyone else exponentially better. We had nobody at the forward position. Bell is a catch and shoot player, Benny wasn't a threat. Taylor was a non factor actually a negative on O as other teams didn't even cover him.
Freeman changes everything. He has to be guarded. He can score inside and out. He will open up shots for everyone else.
Judah will miraculously become a better distributor.

I’m sure since Judah is so great, all the blue bloods will come calling if he doesn’t decide to just jump to the NBA.

Oh wait… none of that is happening.

If your argument for how good someone is starts with who his teammates are, you’ve already lost.

True story. When we couldn't hit a free throw years back, I bet against Syracuse for the only time. I wanted us to win of course but not cover. We didn't miss from the free throw line the whole game.

True story. When we couldn't hit a free throw years back, I bet against Syracuse for the only time. I wanted us to win of course but not cover. We didn't miss from the free throw line the whole game.
Remember Derrick Brower? Had to be one f the worst if not the worst free throw shooter at SU. Against Western KY,towards the end of the game he ran all over the court, never touching the ball as western Ky tried to catch him to foul him (he wasn’t the quickest player by far). They kept fouling him. Hilarious but frustrating. They changed the rule about fouling a player without the ball, to an intentional foul after that. I remember JB bringing in foul shooting experts, sports psychologists because our teams were so bad back then -so talented but hapless from the line.

If he decides to portal elsewhere, kinda would drive sales down I imagine
Anything scream humble about Judah? Dude thinks he’s the brightest shining star.

That’s okay as long as Georgetown loses the game.

I mean…. Why uh would ya do that if you are uh leaving cuse? Unless it’s for the nba obviously

To make some money while he still can.

For what it’s worth, I was told by a couple of people that Judah is 100% set on going pro whether it is the NBA, G league or overseas. We will see if that is true or not but this clinic is the first evidence I have seen to suggest that he is headed In that direction.

Hard to see a lot of people showing up and paying money at a clinic in Syracuse if he had announced he is portaling to Georgetown.

Obviously, I hope he goes pro. If he does well, he reflects well on us and we didn’t lose our second team, all ACC player to another school.

For what it’s worth, I was told by a couple of people that Judah is 100% set on going pro whether it is the NBA, G league or overseas. We will see if that is true or not but this clinic is the first evidence I have seen to suggest that he is headed In that direction.

Hard to see a lot of people showing up and paying money at a clinic in Syracuse if he had announced he is portaling to Georgetown.

Obviously, I hope he goes pro. If he does well, he reflects well on us and we didn’t lose our second team, all ACC player to another school.
I have been led to believe that to be the case. The thing is, once the feedback comes, he might think that he can make more $$$ with NIL.

I’m sure since Judah is so great, all the blue bloods will come calling if he doesn’t decide to just jump to the NBA.

Oh wait… none of that is happening.

If your argument for how good someone is starts with who his teammates are, you’ve already lost.
Teammates are context. Every argument worth anything is framed within some sort of context. It’s why so much political discourse is worthless — wild soundbites with zero substance are more lucrative/productive.

So when we look at Judah it’s only fair to consider who he is playing with. The first half of the year a good 50% or so of Judah’s minutes came with the lineup of Taylor/bell/mccleod/JJ. With JJ unable to shoot the ball and a system that was heavy on iso with three players who simply aren’t iso players (Taylor/mcleod/bell), the offense looked clunky and a good chunk of our wins were Judah carrying that group on his back offensively.

The second half of the year we got far more of the brown/q/Benny with a more effective JJ. There was better player movement and ball movement and we were downright dangerous offensively in feb.

In my opinion there is no argument on the planet that we were better without Judah than with him. What we were hoping for was more consistent effort on both ends from Judah, better shooting and more unselfishness. That didn’t quite happen.

But he was still our best player, even if Brown was our most valuable player. The criticism he’s taken here, to me, has been overboard. We’re all dying to see this program back in the top 25 and the tourney but pointing at Judah as the primary reason that didn’t happen has no merit, imo.

G league superstar.
Doubt it, he can’t defend college guards and has to get fouled to score, isn’t going to fly. He won’t be able to be faster and more athletic than people at his position.

Teammates are context. Every argument worth anything is framed within some sort of context. It’s why so much political discourse is worthless — wild soundbites with zero substance are more lucrative/productive.

So when we look at Judah it’s only fair to consider who he is playing with. The first half of the year a good 50% or so of Judah’s minutes came with the lineup of Taylor/bell/mccleod/JJ. With JJ unable to shoot the ball and a system that was heavy on iso with three players who simply aren’t iso players (Taylor/mcleod/bell), the offense looked clunky and a good chunk of our wins were Judah carrying that group on his back offensively.

The second half of the year we got far more of the brown/q/Benny with a more effective JJ. There was better player movement and ball movement and we were downright dangerous offensively in feb.

In my opinion there is no argument on the planet that we were better without Judah than with him. What we were hoping for was more consistent effort on both ends from Judah, better shooting and more unselfishness. That didn’t quite happen.

But he was still our best player, even if Brown was our most valuable player. The criticism he’s taken here, to me, has been overboard. We’re all dying to see this program back in the top 25 and the tourney but pointing at Judah as the primary reason that didn’t happen has no merit, imo.

He was on NBA boards and then he wasn’t. He ain’t going to Duke. People here forgot what an actual baller looks like.

Glad he hogged the ball tho.

He was on NBA boards and then he wasn’t. He ain’t going to Duke. People here forgot what an actual baller looks like.

Glad he hogged the ball tho.
Ok. So you’d rather he passed the ball more to Taylor? Maybe Bell creates a bit more off the dribble? A little more short roll action, running some offense through McLeod as the decision maker?

You’re going to fall down draft boards when you’re a smallish guard who doesn’t shoot well. That’s reality.

But dude can absolutely ball. If you don’t like him or don’t like his style, that’s fine. But saying he can’t play because is nuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom