Just an overall defeated feeling | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Just an overall defeated feeling

Why would there be rumors about babers being unhappy? He's said it takes until midway point of year 2 for everything to click. I'm guessing he's looking for progress in different ways than we measure it. He now needs bodies that he doesn't have.

With our impossible schedule I'm just looking for progress. I couldn't give a rip about getting to 5 wins or 6 wins. What I want is to see that game arrive sometime down the road when the offense his humming and the defense looks good and you say 'wow, we looked great today'. That's all I want right now.

Wake was giving up 385 yards passing a game going into our game. Our strength is our passing game. They didn't all of a sudden get good at stopping the pass. It was a combo of weather and IMO our coaches over compensating for the weather in their play calling. They have no O, which helps our bad D. We should have been able to outscore them. The advanced stats have us ranked ahead of Wake despite them being 5-1 while we are 2-4 and lost to them. It isn't like I am coming out of left field here in saying that we are better than them. We just weren't better than them this game.

BC and RU have the worst P5 Os in the nation. They will not score many points. Their D has struggled this year. We should be able to outscore them. The advanced stats have us ranked even with them. So you can act like I am nuts but the stats back me up.

NC State plays garbage teams to start the year every season and then limps their way into a Bowl. They lost to ECU who is 2-4. Also they will be 5-4 when we play them (at home). By then in theory we should be peaking. IMO they have the worst HC in the ACC. He was lucky that the hurricane hit because they don't beat ND otherwise and he would be on the hot seat. So yeah I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that we beat them.

I don't think we beat Pitt, but we will have a chance. Their D has issues and their O IMO fits what our D can stop. When we play them, they will likely be 6-5 (if that). While it would be an upset, it isn't like we are beating a Top 40 team.

Maybe I am overrating what we can do. That is fair. But I am not underrating our opponents. They are not very good.

BC has played a soft schedule other than Clemson and Clemson destroyed them but up until last week they had the #1 rated defense in the country, they must do a few things right on defense, a few things. That game will be a slug fest, their bad O versus or bad D, Our O versus what has to be at least a decent defense, again the only game on our schedule that we maybe will win.

We just disagree, have to see what happens. and with regard to the dino rumors, he wouldn't be the forst SU coach that became unhappy with working here after they realize how difficult the job actually is, there are a ton of limitations with this program after one becomes more familiar with it. I hope rumors aren't true but who knows, would not surprise. It's been a tough 15 years and would take a very special coach to return Syracuse to prior success

Last edited:
i don't feel defeated because I know this offense works and I know this team was going to be dreadful under other systems. and i think this schedule will end up being ridiculously hard when it's all said and done

with the offensive line and DBs i just throw up my hands and say OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD and then forget about it. i'm not watching them thinking what in the hell are they trying to do.

the beauty of copying proven systems is that we know it works. we've done way too much weird experimenting over the years where you can't tell whether it's system talent or both.