(just curious) after today... | Syracusefan.com

(just curious) after today...

I feel like this is the CBB version of that terrible Laker team that had Kobe and nobody else.

By the end of the year we will have a game where Tyus makes a statement and doesn't take any shots.

A wash for me. I guess I'm glad HW is proving he can play at this level, if nothing else, for the future of this program. Everyone else is a mess and Battle has to go next level hero ball rarely seen on the collegiate level for us to do anything.

Encouraged, mainly because Washington showed that he could possibly become a solid contributor this year. Everything else was pretty much the same, just Battle got hot in the second half - which we know he can do.

Good enough to hang in games, not good enough to win them right now. Bonnies, Wake, ND, and FSU all could’ve easily been wins and UVA we were right there too. We just don’t have quite enough to pull them out right now.

I feel like this is the CBB version of that terrible Laker team that had Kobe and nobody else.

By the end of the year we will have a game where Tyus makes a statement and doesn't take any shots.

A wash for me. I guess I'm glad HW is proving he can play at this level, if nothing else, for the future of this program. Everyone else is a mess and Battle has to go next level hero ball rarely seen on the collegiate level for us to do anything.

If this is a vieled way to compare Howard to Smush Parker, that’s just going too far.

I’m the same... the team has three talented guards who could play for a lot of teams. But that is the team. We are only going to win games if at least two of those three have monster games and the other at least shows up. If any of the big 3 get hurt or in foul trouble then it’s game over. We just aren’t going to win many games going 3 on 5 with three guys playing 40 minutes per game.

People ask why the rebounding has gone to crap... rebounding is about effort and desire. I think the grind is getting to these dudes and rebounding is where it’s showing up first.

More encouraged overall.

My biggest concerns going forward are Sidibe's health (the upcoming schedule may help with that) and Dolezaj looking completely overmatched in ACC play. With little margin for error most nights, we really need to get something from those two.

We are just like that terrible laker team only we don’t have Kobe . We have Todd Burgan 2.0

More encouraged overall.

My biggest concerns going forward are Sidibe's health (the upcoming schedule may help with that) and Dolezaj looking completely overmatched in ACC play. With little margin for error most nights, we really need to get something from those two.

Dolezaj had 10 points and 7 rebounds against Maryland. Most of these teams he’s sucking against aren’t any better than Maryland. I don’t get what’s happened to him.

Encouraged. I did not have the highest of expectations going into the season and still kind of don't. But I'm encouraged to see these kids getting better and what might become of it next season with the addition of Baz and company. Once again having a team with multiple options and a good mix of experience and top recruits.

Not every year can be special, but I think this year is a good learning year for many on the team and something that will help set the foundation for a special season next year and a serious chance at a final four.

Discouraged.

It's apparent HW can play here and there to keep Tyus and Frank a little more fresh.

But he won't.

It's also 50 more minutes on Battle's odometer.

If our threes aren't falling we are going to lose. And we're going to lose a lot of games late due to exhaustion.

Discouraged.

It's apparent HW can play here and there to keep Tyus and Frank a little more fresh.

But he won't.

It's also 50 more minutes on Battle's odometer.

I just don’t think that’s a thing. In that particular game? Sure. I can see being tired during that moment. That’s a crazy amount of minutes for a game. In a conference tournament where you play day after day if you win? Sure. But being tired from cumulative minutes in a sport where you play like 30 games and they’re spread out to where you pretty much always have multiple days in between games? I don’t see it.

I'm just looking forward to next year. I assume one of tyus or oshae will be back and we'll be back in the top 20. They both keep shooting like garbage and both come back...Final 4 level roster.

Encouraged by:
- Chukwu's continued improvement, including staying out of foul trouble and FTs
- HW's minutes
- The fight (not folding after being down big on the road)
- Our 3pt shooting
- Moyer

Discouraged by:
- Horrible defensive rebounding in the 1st half
- same miserable What offense for long stretches
- Turnovers
- Brissett's continued inability to make anything near the basket
- Dolezaj

I just don’t think that’s a thing. In that particular game? Sure. I can see being tired during that moment. That’s a crazy amount of minutes for a game. In a conference tournament where you play day after day if you win? Sure. But being tired from cumulative minutes in a sport where you play like 30 games and they’re spread out to where you pretty much always have multiple days in between games? I don’t see it.

You don't see a downgrade in ability due to lack of energy over the course of the season?

I wholeheartedly disagree.

There is a reason that there is rest scheduling and load bearing in the nba. Yes that's 82 games, but it's still applicable in college. 30+ games is tough for these guys. It's not like they are with an nba training staff, nutritionist, etc, either.

Also, how many times do I have to point out that our three guys being in the top 10 for mpg in all of D1 and 2-4 for P5 players is literally only unique to us? Do you think JB has a secret that no other coach has? Of course not.

Encouraged. Our young and inexperienced group took a top 25 team to double OT on the road. Of the 9 players who appeared in today's game, only one is a returning starter and only 2 others were even on the active roster last year (and they didn't play much). 6 new guys who are in their first year competing on the D1 level...

It’s not only the physical drain but the mental as well

Too big a hole. I don't know that this team can dig itself out.

You don't see a downgrade in ability due to lack of energy over the course of the season?

I wholeheartedly disagree.

There is a reason that there is rest scheduling and load bearing in the nba. Yes that's 82 games, but it's still applicable in college. 30+ games is tough for these guys. It's not like they are with an nba training staff, nutritionist, etc, either.

Also, how many times do I have to point out that our three guys being in the top 10 for mpg in all of D1 and 2-4 for P5 players is literally only unique to us? Do you think JB has a secret that no other coach has? Of course not.

Depends on if the guy is banged up or not. Yes, that’s more likely to happen if you’re playing 40 every game and involved all the time, or maybe if you’re tired in a particular game.

I don’t feel like our guys typically perform worse as the season goes on though, provided they are healthy. One day off in between games would be tough. 2 or 3 though? Can’t see how it would be a factor there.

It’s not only the physical drain but the mental as well

Eh. Not sold on that either. Is there more of a mental drain for guys that play 35 minutes than those that play 30?

you mean 1-4 ACC?

Yes. Realistically, the team can only lose 5 more regular season games to have a shot at the NCAAT. We have at least 3 guaranteed losses on the schedule and haven't shown the ability to beat mediocre teams. Unless Tyus averages 40 the rest of the way, it's going to be ugly.

Yes. Realistically, the team can only lose 5 more regular season games to have a shot at the NCAAT. We have at least 3 guaranteed losses on the schedule and haven't shown the ability to beat mediocre teams. Unless Tyus averages 40 the rest of the way, it's going to be ugly.
3 guaranteed losses still on schedule? What games are we 15 Point dogs going forward?

We will absolutely lose 3 more games but a guaranteed loss? Not a single one that I see

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom