(just curious) after today... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

(just curious) after today...

3 guaranteed losses still on schedule? What games are we 15 Point dogs going forward?

We will absolutely lose 3 more games but a guaranteed loss? Not a single one that I see

Everyone in the top 6 of the ACC. So actually 6 guaranteed

That airball 3 feet from the basket was actually insane. I couldn't even believe I witnessed that.

yeah that was one of the worst things I've seen on a basketball court in a while

He missed two shots. One was a brick on a bunny off a great feed from HW where he was intimidated by 7-4. I don’t remember the airball from 3 feet away. Was that in the first half?

More encouraged...this team is thin and young. More than anything they fought
100% agree. At times it can seem like there is a huge talent gap on the floor, but I believe that we have the most fight of any team in the country. Have yet to see them give up on a game this year. Very encouraging for the coming years

He missed two shots. One was a brick on a bunny off a great feed from HW where he was intimidated by 7-4. I don’t remember the airball from 3 feet away. Was that in the first half?
not sure but I was referring to that "attempt" off the great HW feed as the airball from 3 ft away

not sure but I was referring to that "attempt" off the great HW feed as the airball from 3 ft away
Yea, me too. Maybe it wasn't an airball but it was the most ridiculous, uncoordinated attempt at scoring that I've ever seen on the D1 level. It looked like something you see on Saturday mornings in the youth league at the high school.

Dolezaj had 10 points and 7 rebounds against Maryland. Most of these teams he’s sucking against aren’t any better than Maryland. I don’t get what’s happened to him.

He should be a spot minute energy guy off the bench if anything. That's what's wrong w him. But we have no depth so he plays center

Yea, me too. Maybe it wasn't an airball but it was the most ridiculous, uncoordinated attempt at scoring that I've ever seen on the D1 level. It looked like something you see on Saturday mornings in the youth league at the high school.

Ha ha. Yeah, it was off the backboard but it was such a soft shot that it was hard to notice it hitting the glass. Dolezaj was terrified to shoot it. I wonder why Dolezaj looks like a deer in the headlights lately? Rhetorical question.

Very encouraged by Brandon Bayer's play. I think we may have uncovered another piece of the puzzle today.

Ha. The classic thing was when JB pointed at him to go in, Bayer literally pointed to his own chest and (maybe )said, "who, me?" He absolutely did point to his own chest. I rewound it on DVR.

How great would it have been it he drew that charge? It actually was a great effort by him.

...are you more encouraged or further discouraged about this team's prospects?

(for me I'd say it's pretty much a wash - some things to like but some same old same old things that continue to kill us)

Love we took a ranked acc team on the road to an Ot game, hate we did it against them when they're down their best player.

Ha. The classic thing was when JB pointed at him to go in, Bayer literally pointed to his own chest and (maybe )said, "who, me?" He absolutely did point to his own chest. I rewound it on DVR.

How great would it have been it he drew that charge? It actually was a great effort by him.

Why exactly did JB use him in that situation though? What was it that he needed from Bayer, that Washington couldn't give him?

Why exactly did JB use him in that situation though? What was it that he needed from Bayer, that Washington couldn't give him?

My theory is he wanted to talk to HW about something without calling a timeout.

JB: "Howard, you're doing well out there but we really want the ball in Tyus's hands the rest of the way. Please defer to him at all times. If you happen to get the ball only pass it to Tyus. Oh, good, Brandon fouled. Get back out there and stay out of Tyus's way."

Think of this season as pre-season. These guys are getting experience for next year when, on paper, we should be legit. It helps bear with the losses.

The guys played hard. JB coached a really good game. Moyer is growing into a solid player. Washington has a nice handle and is possibly our best passer he is going to surprise next year. Howard continues to improve most especially his shot. Briss will be solid next year and most likely has two more years on the hill. Zero chance he goes pro. Euro can only improve.
Dont ever sleep on Chewy!

My only negative for next year is Sid. Unless he has some miracle off season recovery i dont think he will ever contribute again. It is tragic as he showed so much potential before the tendinitis.

My only negative for next year is Sid. Unless he has some miracle off season recovery i dont think he will ever contribute again. It is tragic as he showed so much potential before the tendinitis.
Why do you continue to post this delusional nonsense about Sidibe?

Why do you continue to post this delusional nonsense about Sidibe?

It's very strange. I don't think any harm is intended but it's really not cool, especially when he doesn't have any knowledge.

You never know with injuries. Maybe it IS a chronic thing but to make these declarative statements over and over again at this point?

I actually think Sidibe was moving very well yesterday. He looked great on that move in the first half when the ball spun out. I really wish that had stayed in to help get his confidence up. He ran back on defense without a noticeable limp too. He might have played more if Chukwu wasn't having one of his better games.

Ha ha. Yeah, it was off the backboard but it was such a soft shot that it was hard to notice it hitting the glass. Dolezaj was terrified to shoot it. I wonder why Dolezaj looks like a deer in the headlights lately? Rhetorical question.
With the big guy coming at him, he had two choices: tomahawk power slam or high off the backboard. I guess he wasn't feeling the slam.

I would say that Sidibe's tendinitis is a result of his ankle injury. The same way that if your car is out of alignment,other parts like tires, breaks and suspension parts break down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom