Just saw this (OC)...Maybe more speculation but who knows. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Just saw this (OC)...Maybe more speculation but who knows.

you sound like you know him. or are you reading the same stuff we are in this thread?

Pretty much reading the same stuff but when I was reading about Golden on their forum, there was a thread of people who were pissed when McDonald left to Arkansas as he was supposedley their best recruiter...

George McDonald: "I was ready to sign, but this Springfield stuff...is Rutgers hiring?"

I'm a terrible person.

The more I read the more I like. The only red flag is how much he has moved around? Anyone know why that was? But other than that this is a WOW/Homerun type hire as far as recruiting goes. Probably why O'Korn is now interested in us as well...Maybe on his way to Syracuse he can make a couple stops and pick up some recruits LOL

Pretty much reading the same stuff but when I was reading about Golden on their forum, there was a thread of people who were pissed when McDonald left to Arkansas as he was supposedley their best recruiter...

Any idea why he would leave Miami for Arkansas right after having a monster recruiting year? Maybe impending sanctions?

George McDonald: "I was ready to sign, but this Springfield stuff...is Rutgers hiring?"

I'm a terrible person.
My sources have indicated that upon accepting the offer to become the OC at Syracuse, Doug Marrone has offered him the job as wide receivers coach and offensive quality control coach for the Buffalo Bills.

This is money if true. We need to kick our recruiting up a couple of notches to really get this thing cranking and HCSS may just have the guys to do it now.

Any idea why he would leave Miami for Arkansas right after having a monster recruiting year? Maybe impending sanctions?
SEC I would think?

Good wide receivers coach. Great recruiter, but meh offensive coordinator. Not sure about this hire. Again, doesn't matter how well you recruit and how good the receivers are if you can't give your QB time to throw the ball. I am not completely thrilled. Would've liked to see an offensive coordinator with proven, fantastic success at least at FCS level.

My sources have indicated that upon accepting the offer to become the OC at Syracuse, Doug Marrone has offered him the job as wide receivers coach and offensive quality control coach for the Buffalo Bills.

I am not believing this until SpongeBob says so...

This guy has certainly moved a lot.

George McDonald (American football)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
George McDonald (born May 10, 1976 in Fort Wayne, Indiana) is the current American football wide receivers coach for the University of Arkansas Razorbacks football team football team. Previously, he served as the wide receivers coach for the Cleveland Browns. He also attended Buena Park High School where he had a fantastic four-year career.
[edit] College career

McDonald attended the University of Illinois, where he was a four-year letterman in football as a wide receiver and kickoff returner.[1] He also ran track, earning All-Big Ten honors his senior year.[1]
[edit] Coaching career

McDonald began his coaching career as an assistant coach at Bucknell University, Northern Illinois University, and Stanford University from 2001-2004.[1] He served as the offensive coordinator at Western Michigan University from 2005–2006, and as wide receivers coach at the University of Minnesota from 2007-2008.
On February 11, 2009, the Cleveland Browns hired McDonald as offensive quality control coach.[2]
On May 8, 2009, the Cleveland Browns promoted McDonald from offensive quality control coach to wide receivers coach.
McDonald was hired by the University of Miami as their wide receivers coach on January 11, 2011.
December 19, 2012, McDonald was named the receivers coach at Arkansas.

Does this mean that when Shaffer leaves to coach the Browns in 4 years, McDonald will go as the OC? He was at one time the Browns QC Coach.

Exactly what I was wondering-Sounds like a guy who is willing to move pretty fast for somewhat of a lateral move

1+1??

While at Miami he had a great recruiting haul from Florida. One kid that Miami got while he was there was a 4 star from STA that flipped from OSU to Miami. If he has ties to STA, could this be why we are also now involved with O'Korn?

I think I like this one.

Tabbed as one of the top 25 recruiters in the country by ********** in 2012

The part I like best is him being rated so highly by ************************************, it's a very prestigious honor to be rated so highly by *********************************.

Would make sense. At the time, Miami had self imposed only 1 bowl ban, and it still looked like a hammer was going to be dropped on them. Arkansas may pay more too, isn't Miami/Shalala known for being a little cheap?

Somewhat related, have Miami's sanctions been announced yet? I had heard it was supposed to come out this week.

Good wide receivers coach. Great recruiter, but meh offensive coordinator. Not sure about this hire. Again, doesn't matter how well you recruit and how good the receivers are if you can't give your QB time to throw the ball. I am not completely thrilled. Would've liked to see an offensive coordinator with proven, fantastic success at least at FCS level.

We're going to get rocked for this, but I agree w/ you. To me, the 1st thing you look for in position coaches is can they recruit, but the 1st thing you look in a coordinator is can they run an offense/defense. I have mixed emotions about this hire b/c of that and his history of moving around as a WR coach.

We're going to get rocked for this, but I agree w/ you. To me, the 1st thing you look for in position coaches is can they recruit, but the 1st thing you look in a coordinator is can they run an offense/defense. I have mixed emotions about this hire b/c of that and his history of moving around as a WR coach.

I think it's a concern. But the new QB coach sounds like a guy who will help mitigate that.

If you don't like the hire, who was available to be an OC that would have been better? Just wondering, don't take this as an attack.

Well from your posting history, nothing short of Bill Walsh rising from the dead would satisfy you.

If true...this is a GREAT hire. Relax and enjoy the ride.