Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a snippet from the Athletic.

I just felt like I wanted to go somewhere I could play without restrictions and have a chance to showcase my game,” Richmond told The Athletic on Tuesday afternoon. “Like, not having to think about certain things out there on the basketball court. More freedom. I learned a lot of things here. One thing I can show people now is that I actually have the ability to shoot the basketball.”
And there it is. Coach was coaching and he didn’t like it. He’ll go somewhere where he has more freedom but less coaching and will be less challenged. He’ll be happier but at the risk of development

Good god. No.

Buddy played well the last month.
He got much deserved national
Props.

You don’t get to make up facts to fit a narrative that isn’t true.
You want to assess someone's performance while they're going thru some bad situations, that is very unfair.

Last edited:
And there it is. Coach was coaching and he didn’t like it. He’ll go somewhere where he has more freedom but less coaching and will be less challenged. He’ll be happier but at the risk of development
Placing restrictions on him, while not doing so with other players, is not really great coaching.

Coaching = telling Kadary not to shoot, while Joe and Griff make some of the most insane decisions you’ll ever see at this level.

He's a smart kid. If I was his father, I'd advise exactly what he's done.

I love SU basketball, but I'd be hard pressed to allow my kid to play for JB right now.
That's because you have a personal animus with Boeheim. Allan Griffin's father is an NBA coach and probably advised him to play for Boeheim, because he needs structure.

Placing restrictions on him, while not doing so with other players, is not really great coaching.

How many times in a pickup game do you let a guy go shot crazy before he ends up standing and yelling for the ball without a pass? Forget coaching even just as knowing when you play quite a bit this happens and no one is ok with it unless the person is consistently hitting shots. The fact that person might finally catch fire in the last game or two doesn't matter.

Coaching = telling Kadary not to shoot, while Joe and Griff make some of the most insane decisions you’ll ever see at this level.
Using two guys who ended up sitting whole halves due to their play = weird example

That's because you have a personal animus with Boeheim. Allan Griffin's father is an NBA coach and probably advised him to play for Boeheim, because he needs structure.
He had decent structure at the last place and didn't like it and left. Maybe Griff's dad told him JB is known for being more loose, and that's why he came here. It's not like JB was reeling him in early in the year like he did in the tourney.

They both got more MPG than Kadary.

Lets restrict the guy who knows what he’s doing out there and not playing like a selfish idiot though.
You restrict all the players to get them to do what you want them to do. Why do you think Kadary isn’t in need of coaching but the other two are?

You restrict all the players to get them to do what you want them to do. Why do you think Kadary isn’t in need of coaching but the other two are?
Side note... how's the oline looking? Healthy? Capable? Looking forward to some sustained drives this year. That would be cool.

Why do you feel the need to make things up?

Kadary was maybe the only player who actually looks at Boeheim when he’s telling him something. Gotta spin it into he “doesn’t want to be coached”?

Why?

He had decent structure at the last place and didn't like it and left. Maybe Griff's dad told him JB is known for being more loose, and that's why he came here. It's not like JB was reeling him in early in the year like he did in the tourney.

There is an argument to be had that Kadary could have taken Griff's starting spot as well. 3 guard lineup but Richmond can rebound well. So even if you keep Joe out there as the guy with tenure, the headcase AG at times is a transfer- that is different and to me again there is absolutely cause to go with Richmond there too the more I think about it.

Another unproven stated as a fact.

Alan’s father you have no clue.

You don’t enter in evidence that isn’t proven.
Do fathers who hold high positions in their children's chosen career path have their ear?

Welcome to the real world. I hope these guys liked the trip to Indy as that might be the highlight of their life. Listen to Tyler Lydon's podcast and you will hear how bitter he is. Sometimes you just need to suck it and grind more. Good luck to all the boys and girls in the portal but history shows it's not going to be greener.
Why is Lydon bitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors