Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is FSU a fit? He's not getting over 30 mpg there - no one did last year. They have at least 3 guards coming back who had over 14 mpg's each.

He'd probably be coming off the bench, lucky to play over 20 mpg. And he wouldn't have total freedom.

I'm starting to get the feeling he didn't think this out so well.
This isn’t only directed at you...People keep saying he left because he wanted to start. He made it clear in his interview with The Athletic why he left and that wasn’t the reason. He said he didn’t want his play restricted. JB told him he couldn’t do things like take jump shots and he didn’t like that.

Ok so here is the thing. We are a couple days removed and watching this play out and seeing what is and isn't said.

Kadary leaving is negative for him too. It also is possible there is a reason his list may be a little different than expected beyond fit and other players.

When a player who was a key cog on a team leaves and has not a thank you or anything to say, it doesn't exactly give a coach scanning the portal the warm fuzzies. A kid who doesn't mean to come across selfish but in an interview sounds selfish can hurt their stock.

I'm sure I will get peppered for this and that is fine but the loss goes both ways and I think it was a missed opportunity for Kadary to showcase himself as a leader. He is a PG after all. A kid of his talent wants the keys to the offense.

As I said I wish him the best and this loss hurts. I fear it is going to be tougher on the young man as well.

Great post.

We were the perfect fit for him and he brings the element we need most.

If the kid was treated correctly by the coach I give him a 50% chance of going lottery in 2022.

We should really re recruit him and make it clear that if he has a good camp hes the starter. Joe can even start at the 2 and Buddy at the 3 if that is who wins the spots and gives us our best 5.

This isn’t only directed at you...People keep saying he left because he wanted to start. He made it clear in his interview with The Athletic why he left and that wasn’t the reason. He said he didn’t want his play restricted. JB told him he couldn’t do things like take jump shots and he didn’t like that.

He can't specifically say starting because it makes him look entitled.

He still has to go win a job wherever he ends up and hes not going to chose schools based on who has the worst PGs he competes with so his chance of being the starter when he picks them is 99.9999% and not 90% with a bit of work to do.

Great post.

We were the perfect fit for him and he brings the element we need most.

If the kid was treated correctly by the coach I give him a 50% chance of going lottery in 2022.

We should really re recruit him and make it clear that if he has a good camp hes the starter. Joe can even start at the 2 and Buddy at the 3 if that is who wins the spots and gives us our best 5.

I hate to be the stickler, but if we were the perfect fit for him, we would have been the perfect fit for him.

I get what you are saying, and I agree to an extent - in a perfect world, yes, he is the perfect fit. Pair him with Buddy at the top of the zone, etc.

But we're in JB's world. That kid should have had more freedom, he didn't. JB is the coach. Is what it is.

I'll respectfully disagree.

I think people will know the situation and will welcome him. if there are 10 teams listed publically, that means there are much more that will never get noted.

Teams want to win, he helps them. He was in a bad spot here. He didn't throw a fit, he played through injury, his net rating and his meaningful stats for efficiency and quality are leaps and bounds better than the dude ahead of him. JB trashed him in the media. No one that matters is going to look down upon his choice.

Sure, it's change, but we're a stepping stone for these kids that can make the NBA. He's just taking the next step.

JB messed this up. No one's perfect, but this one is bad.

Kadary will be much better positioned at his next stop.
He might need to work on his attitude if he wants to reach his full potential.

He can't specifically say starting because it makes him look entitled.

He still has to go win a job wherever he ends up and hes not going to chose schools based on who has the worst PGs he competes with so his chance of being the starter when he picks them is 99.9999% and not 90% with a bit of work to do.
He already failed in that regard by saying he didn’t want to be restricted by his coach.

He already failed in that regard by saying he didn’t want to be restricted by his coach.

lets see where he ends up and his results before we say he failed. Seems like we’re being pretty harsh on the kid.

I think that is a tactful way of saying JB told him not to shoot. And the other PG on the team along with the starting SG could do whatever they wanted without fear of losing PT.

Why do you think his attitude is an issue?
1. He’s immature
2. He’s a negative influence on his teammates
3. He doesn’t respect authority
4. He threw a party in the middle of a pandemic, where at least 50 people didn’t wear masks, there was underage drinking, and he live streamed it
5. The above jeopardized the health of everyone on campus and his team’s season
6. He didn’t show an ounce of gratitude on his way out
7. While I don’t have all the details, it sounds like he was disparaging our fans on social media

You can chalk some of that up to being a teenager and there’s a good chance he’ll grow out of it. If he winds up being a malcontent at every stop, though, he’s going to need to take his talent level up several notches or coaches aren’t going to deal with it.

I think that is a tactful way of saying JB told him not to shoot. And the other PG on the team along with the starting SG could do whatever they wanted without fear of losing PT.
Because they make shots in practice

If he wanted a green light he’d have to earn it.

I'm wondering if its more Yukon/St.Johns/OKstate for Kadary. Maybe he goes closer to home?

lets see where he ends up and his results before we say he failed. Seems like we’re being pretty harsh on the kid.
You said he couldn’t say anything that would make him come off as entitled. He already did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom