Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe's a soph and earned some latitude saving the team from a complete disaster the year before. He is also the all time leading scorer in the state of NY and is a shooter who the coaches want to shoot the ball whenever he has a good look.
Why? Why would you predetermine who shoots and who doesn’t? Do you want the best look you can get from the guy most likely to make it. Even when we won the national championship with Carmelo we always got the best look we could get for the guy available. Otherwise guys like Josh Pace or Edelin never would’ve shot the ball

Not mad, you want to keep side stepping facts?
The irony & lack of self-awareness in this retort is frankly mind boggling.
You refuse to see beyond your own myopic view, that the real issue was Kadary was playing under a different standard then others on the team. There’s your fact.
You can’t preach shot discipline to one PG, while completely ignoring 40-ft off-balance heaves, from another. There’s your fact.
You can’t side-step the inadequacies of your starting backcourt, making excuses for what’s obvious to anyone watching, yet harp on a stat to explain your reluctance to play the better option. There’s your fact.
Thanks for playing.

The irony & lack of self-awareness in this retort is frankly mind boggling.
You refuse to see beyond your own myopic view, that the real issue was Kadary was playing under a different standard then others on the team. There’s your fact.
You can’t preach shot discipline to one PG, while completely ignoring 40-ft off-balance heaves, from another. There’s your fact.
You can’t side-step the inadequacies of your starting backcourt, making excuses for what’s obvious to anyone watching, yet harp on a stat to explain your reluctance to play the better option. There’s your fact.
Thanks for playing.
Freshman almost always play under a different set of rules than guys who have been on the team for years. Joe is a shooter and they green light him to shoot. Simple really.

He's in for a rude awakening.
This is the strangest narrative going on with Kadary right now. No one played more within the offense than Kardary. He nearly always made the right play. Not even close to what we can say about Girard et al. Think about all the other things does on the court that no one else can do or did. Think about the offensive rebounding and putbacks, the ability to dribble, the passing the defense etc. this fanbase is in for a rude awakening next year when we’re watching Joe turn the ball over against backcourt pressure and Marek isn’t there to bail him out. Could he hit 40 percent from 3? Sure but there’s so much more to basketball that Kadary brought that Joe does not.

the irony here is Buddy would benefit far more from Kadary than Joe.

Some of the arguments in this thread continue to be utterly bizarre.

Kadary played 589 minutes this year, and took 139 shots

Joe played 776 minutes, and took 258 shots.

Both largely played point guard, and spent some time/possessions off the ball.

Joe played a 32% more minutes, and took 86% more shots. Yet according to some, Kadary apparently is some selfish jerk who just wants to gun without conscience? I mean, that kind of player is already on the team. Where's the dismissive clapback over that?

I'll say for the 1000th time, I like Joe, and I want him on the team. He's a good player who can help SU. But this isn't rocket science. Kadary saw what happened this season, and apparently had no confidence that it might meaningfully change next year. Maybe he's wrong about that, but then the staff (all of them) need to take some blame for not convincing him.

From March 27th:

What about head to head with Kadary and Joe (I already posted):

Category: Kadary / Joe
PER: 18.4 / 13.6
TS%: .527 / .484
eFG%: .478 / .453
WS/40: .128 / .078
OBPM: 1.7 / 0.8
DBPM: 4.6 / 1.5
BPM: 6.2 / 2.3

More traditional shooting percentage stats:
FG%: .453 / .357
2PT%: .475 / .389
3PT%: .333 / .333

From March 27th:

What about head to head with Kadary and Joe (I already posted):

Category: Kadary / Joe
PER: 18.4 / 13.6
TS%: .527 / .484
eFG%: .478 / .453
WS/40: .128 / .078
OBPM: 1.7 / 0.8
DBPM: 4.6 / 1.5
BPM: 6.2 / 2.3

More traditional shooting percentage stats:
FG%: .453 / .357
2PT%: .475 / .389
3PT%: .333 / .333
tenor.gif

This is the strangest narrative going on with Kadary right now. No one played more within the offense than Kardary. He nearly always made the right play. Not even close to what we can say about Girard et al. Think about all the other things does on the court that no one else can do or did. Think about the offensive rebounding and putbacks, the ability to dribble, the passing the defense etc. this fanbase is in for a rude awakening next year when we’re watching Joe turn the ball over against backcourt pressure and Marek isn’t there to bail him out. Could he hit 40 percent from 3? Sure but there’s so much more to basketball that Kadary brought that Joe does not.

Yes, he played within the offense (unlike some others), but apparently he didn't like it. Hence his leaving.

Perhaps K doesn't want to go after the kid that his buddy JB just watched walk out the door?

Perhaps Gonzaga has a 5-star PG recruit coming in, a top 5 PG in his class. They might also have Andrew Nembhard.

Perhaps Kentucky has a top 5 PG recruit coming in.

But hey, your ridiculous narrative makes the most sense.
Also none of those teams has any problem with recruiting over guys.

This is the strangest narrative going on with Kadary right now. No one played more within the offense than Kardary.
I suspect this is at the heart of his "restrictions" comment. 19 year-olds aren't often known for their eloquence, so I'm guessing that KR is trying to express his frustration with feeling like he wore handcuffs this year, while other players did not. And he seemed to have no faith that it would change next season.

Freshman almost always play under a different set of rules than guys who have been on the team for years. Joe is a shooter and they green light him to shoot. Simple really.
Nonsense. JB himself told Kadary “the best player is gonna play”.
So then why was it ok for a freshmen JG3 to step/over an upperclassman Jalen Carey, but not for a freshman Kadary Richmond to do the same?
And why would KR trust JB given the double standard BS that transpired this year?
Seriously, this is not that hard. Simple really. You need to try harder.

I don’t think the board needs convincing of who the more effective PG was between the two. It was pretty unanimous early on that KR shoulda been getting more run.

The board’s struggle is coming to grips with loss. At some point, a different point for everyone, that’ll happen.

I hope KR finds everything he’s looking for, certainly wish him well. But, I love Syracuse, and that’ll be true tomorrow too.

1E242578-595A-483A-898E-0758AC5D4932.jpeg

Nothing compares, nothing compares to you Kadary.

Nonsense. JB himself told Kadary “the best player is gonna play”.
So then why was it ok for a freshmen JG3 to step/over an upperclassman Jalen Carey, but not for a freshman Kadary Richmond to do the same?
And why would KR trust JB given the double standard BS that transpired this year?
Seriously, this is not that hard. Simple really. You need to try harder.
Carey, come on man.

I suspect this is at the heart of his "restrictions" comment. 19 year-olds aren't often known for their eloquence, so I'm guessing that KR is trying to express his frustration with feeling like he wore handcuffs this year, while other players did not. And he seemed to have no faith that it would change next season.
Yep. He didn’t shoot when open not because he didn’t want to. It’s because he was told not to. And it restricted his ability to drive idiotically

Also, JAB's teams generally run through one guy. That guy was/is Buddy and, effective or not, Kadary might have chafed at having to constantly look to get Buddy the ball first. Being yelled at because you made a sweet drive and pass to Quincy instead of back out to Buddy may get old after the first couple of times.

How is that coaching? Telling a kid he can't shoot and constantly bringing him down in pressers? Playing him fewer minutes than a far inferior player? Giving others free reign and hyping them up. The hypocrisy was unreal.
I see *some* of that as JB using the things in his tool belt to get what he wants from him (better player for us, better development for pro career) but let's break it down:

- Some players respond to public criticism
- He 100% said all that stuff in private and in practice
- Not the 1st time he started an inferior player who was older and brought a different skill set
- For hyping up Joe and Griffin, Joe ended up taking better shots as the year went on and sitting when he didn't. Griffin sat a bunch because of defensive issues. Both sat as a result of coaching, same as Kadary

In the end we can say JB was stubborn and stuck to his guns and the kid didn't respond and that's a net negative. Or that public criticism backfired (a fair point). But I think it's more clear that he was trying to get him to be a better player than being dumb and playing favorites because he likes playing inferior players or whatever that rationale is

Joe was at times as bad as Jalen.
Jalen is extremely passive. They ended up with a winning record with Joe at point and, I believe, were on a roll at the end of that season and still could have won more games at the ACCT and made the NCAAT.

He's going to play within a coach's structure (not his own) wherever he goes.

JB gave him the ball and told him to attack the tin. That doesn't sound too terrible.

Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors