Khalil Ahmad stepping down as Director of HS Relations | Syracusefan.com

Khalil Ahmad stepping down as Director of HS Relations

Figured this was coming, he put out a tweet after the season that suggested he was likely headed out.

I said the same thing on recruiting thread. Forgot about it till now. Was also curious if McKenzie was leaving too but appears to be still staying. Who knows though.

It's a transient profession, assistant coaches and support staff are nomads moving all around the map. It's keeping the pipeline full of qualified people as replacements that’s key. By all indications, SYR and Babers has done this. I have confidence that we'll find another good person for this position too.

It's a transient profession, assistant coaches and support staff are nomads moving all around the map. It's keeping the pipeline full of qualified people as replacements that’s key. By all indications, SYR and Babers has done this. I have confidence that we'll find another good person for this position too.
Yeah, I feel like every person in this role has been around for 2 years.

Bostic had a Instagram Story during the Bowl game with Khalil saying "last rodeo" or something like that. So maybe he has been recruiting for us until his Contract ran out. I'm guessing we already have a replacement that might be announced soon?

Yup. I remember the outrage when the last few folks left in similar roles. “How will we ever replace with another young person that crushes it at social media?!” Weird how we always find another millennial.
They're Gen Z now, but, your point remains.

Yup. I remember the outrage when the last few folks left in similar roles. “How will we ever replace with another young person that crushes it at social media?!” Weird how we always find another millennial.
Yep, current wage/job climate pushes capable workers to jump from job to job too. Things change

They're Gen Z now, but, your point remains.
a few of us old millennials can use the interwebs too!

but true, i forget we're already aging out of the sweet spot...though sometimes, I swear I'm betting at this stuff than younger colleagues at work.

The guy may very well be fantastic at his job but the bottom line is our recruiting hasn't been good with or without him. Not going to sweat losing him, Monroe or anyone else at this point.

Plus, maybe he saw the writing on the wall that we are going to de-emphasize HS recruiting and focus more on the portal. Who knows.

Bleah. Kind of funny that he makes that announcement while his Twitter profile is all Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom