Knicks! (and other NBA action) | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Knicks! (and other NBA action)

Debatable, but Klay obviously got the edge because he's a far superior defender, a more efficient scorer, and is playing on arguably the greatest team of all-time. Much like how the entire Hawks starting lineup (or close to it) made the all-star team last year. Could also be argued that Klay is probably the 2nd or 3rd best SG in the league while Lillard is probably somewhere in the 4-8 range of PGs (in the very least, behind Curry, CP3, Westbrook, and in my opinion, Lowry and Wall). I'd have to think Lillard was the first guy left out; . . . . happens when you have to sacrifice an all-star spot for a guy that clearly isn't an all-star anymore (Kobe).
Difference being 1) the PGs ahead of Lillard are all HOF players, and 2) the Blazers were supposed to be awful but he has a winning record playing with spare parts.

I like Thompson a lot, even. I just think he wasn't more deserving.

Jimmer was taken before Klay Thompson, Kwahi Leonard, and Draymond Green(he was a 2nd round pick) but still damn Jimmer was a bad bad bad pick.

Jimmer was taken before Klay Thompson, Kwahi Leonard, and Draymond Green(he was a 2nd round pick) but still damn Jimmer was a bad bad bad pick.

I still contemplate injuring myself at the fact that Klay was going to be Milwaukee's pick before they traded it, and shortly thereafter, Golden State supposedly offered Steph Curry for Bogut and we turned it down to take Monta Ellis instead...

Edit: Just found one of the many articles that talked about how we turned down Steph :(

http://www.bucksketball.com/2012/03/bogut-rumors-bucks-reportedly-give-pause-to-bogut-curry-deal/

Isn't also part of the problem with Lillard that he's a terrible defensive player?

Yes. You put him in a WCF against Russ or Steph and you'll see those guys actually catch on fire like in NBA Jam.

Watching the Cavs at OKC, what has happened to Waiters' offensive game? Did it reach its expiration date?

BTW, the more and more I listen about CLE, it sure seems that Kyrie is the issue and not Love. Love is the more appealing trade chip because of years on his contract, but Kyrie might be the one that causes more problems than anyone else.

When LeBron rejoined the Cavs last season, I envisioned Dion's career blossoming. Loved Dion at 'Cuse, loved his bravado, his offensive skills.

He's had his moments in OKC, but he's also become, to many, a joke. The Cavs did not even bother defending him at times yesterday. Hope Dion rights his ship, but I see him in China, not the NBA, in a few years. Wonder if he'll be in OKC next year. This is painful to watch. Hope he's banked some of his millions.

Last edited:
BTW, the more and more I listen about CLE, it sure seems that Kyrie is the issue and not Love. Love is the more appealing trade chip because of years on his contract, but Kyrie might be the one that causes more problems than anyone else.
The real problem is Lebron is a sucky GM.

When LeBron rejoined the Cavs last season, I envisioned Dion's career blossoming. Loved Dion at 'Cuse, loved his bravado, his offensive skills.

He's had his moments in OKC, but he's also become, to many, a joke. The Cavs did not even bother defending him at times yesterday. Hope Dion rights his ship, but I see him in China, not the NBA, in a few years. Wonder if he'll be in OKC next year. This is painful to watch. Hope he's banked some of his millions.
Its funny, he came into the NBA as a scorer without much defense and now his defense is actually really good, but he can't score.

He hasn't been great but I think the biggest problem is they play at the same time as one of the greatest teams in league history
If Lebron is one of the greatest players in history and

If he's not such a crappy GM

Perhaps Lebron is playing on one of the greatest teams in league history

:noidea:

If Lebron is one of the greatest players in history and

If he's not such a crappy GM

Perhaps Lebron is playing on one of the greatest teams in league history

:noidea:

Yeah, I mean, maybe, but I don't really see it out there right now. (and your point is taken). Swapping Wiggins for Love doesn't make them the Warriors or anything

Love looks a lot better since Lue took over.

I like Lebron handling the ball.

Make Kyrie play off the ball, he can do it.

They are a much better team that way.

Its funny, he came into the NBA as a scorer without much defense and now his defense is actually really good, but he can't score.

He was a better shooter and finisher when he was here.

He's never been in great shape, but he looks especially overweight this year.

Today's Bucks update: Giannis had a pretty decent stat line of:
27 points
12/17 shooting
12 rebounds
10 assists
4 blocks
3 steals

To be fair, he's always been physically gifted enough to play defense; he just didn't give a damn about that side of the ball.

I've admitted many times that he was one of my least favorite players when he was here; I feel like you could see the warning signs with his offensive game pretty clearly. He basically had the shot selection of JR Smith with poor shooting ability.

He's been worse in the NBA than I expected, but I'm not too surprised at what he's become.

Harden's game is exceptionally annoying. I can't believe the kinds of calls he gets. I'm watching this Jazz/Rockets game and it's incredible how little contact will occur that will send him to the line. And he feeds off it. It's gross.

Today's Bucks update: Giannis had a pretty decent stat line of:
27 points
12/17 shooting
12 rebounds
10 assists
4 blocks
3 steals

To be fair, he's always been physically gifted enough to play defense; he just didn't give a damn about that side of the ball.

I've admitted many times that he was one of my least favorite players when he was here; I feel like you could see the warning signs with his offensive game pretty clearly. He basically had the shot selection of JR Smith with poor shooting ability.

He's been worse in the NBA than I expected, but I'm not too surprised at what he's become.
Giannis is absolutely carrying the ball in the freeze frame of that video.

Harden's game is exceptionally annoying. I can't believe the kinds of calls he gets. I'm watching this Jazz/Rockets game and it's incredible how little contact will occur that will send him to the line. And he feeds off it. It's gross.

I absolutely hate watching him play. He just pounds that ball forever, over and over and then drives and gets foul calls. Can't argue with his overall numbers, but he's awful to watch.

I absolutely hate watching him play. He just pounds that ball forever, over and over and then drives and gets foul calls. Can't argue with his overall numbers, but he's awful to watch.

He can be a really talented passer too. But yeah, not the best guy to watch

He can be a really talented passer too. But yeah, not the best guy to watch

He can shoot, pass, dribble, and has very good one on one moves off the dribble. All the skills and a very productive player...just a hard watch for me though. using the old Bill Simmons test of imagining your playing hoop and this guy is on your team, "would this guy be fun to play with"...for me the answer would be a huge no.

He can shoot, pass, dribble, and has very good one on one moves off the dribble. All the skills and a very productive player...just a hard watch for me though. using the old Bill Simmons test of imagining your playing hoop and this guy is on your team, "would this guy be fun to play with"...for me the answer would be a huge no.

Rockets are a team where the answer for both of their 2 best players is no. Probably not a good sign.

Rockets are a team where the answer for both of their 2 best players is no. Probably not a good sign.

Agreed. Don't enjoy watching either, and they both seem like complete clowns. I'm loving seeing that team flop this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom