Knicks! (and other NBA action) | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Knicks! (and other NBA action)

If you haven't seen the highlights from Warriors/Heat last night, I highly recommend it.

Steph just isn't human. I honestly don't know how anyone can slow him down.

Maybe Kawhi defends him 94 feet? No idea.

If you haven't seen the highlights from Warriors/Heat last night, I highly recommend it.

Steph just isn't human. I honestly don't know how anyone can slow him down.

Maybe Kawhi defends him 94 feet? No idea.

That would probably just tire Leonard out too much though, no?

Basically Steph is like a cheat code. Crazy stat from Zach Harper on twitter; at this point in last season (a season in which he set the record for made 3's in a season) Steph had made 174 3's. He's made 266 right now.

Basically Steph is like a cheat code. Crazy stat from Zach Harper on twitter; at this point in last season (a season in which he set the record for made 3's in a season) Steph had made 174 3's. He's made 266 right now.

It would absolutely burn out Kawhi. But I have no idea how else to stop him.

The game they lost to Milwaukee, granted after a long road trip, showed how long defenders across the board that could switch would really bother them.

Steph never plays a full game, most times. If you can throw someone that makes him work AND keep the game tight, the hope would be he wouldn't have the lift and quickness by the 4th quarter.

I really don't know what else to do. At this point, if you have to be ready to contest a shot from 35 feet out, it's a totally different defensive strategy that has to be implemented. If you have to guard him 35 feet out, then just guard him the whole way. Push him, hit him, hold him, etc.

I don't think any team has the roster to stop them outside of SAS. The only other person I think they could put on him if you wanted to keep Kawhi fresh would be Jonathan Simmons. He's long, athletic and strong.

When SAS played GSW Draymond made the right pass every single time when they had the 4 on 3 after the PnR. That was without Duncan and it seemed like Pop was just testing different methods to slow down GSW. Will be interesting to see what happens.

BTW, Fireball Jr. - the Cavs looked good with Channing Frye. He looked so happy to be on a good team.
It was just one game, so I don't wanna get all giddy, but he did look good last night, should help the Cavs more than Anderson Varejao would have. Having a long-time friend, Richard Jefferson, on the team probably is helping Frye settle in, as are the marching orders from LeBron and Kyrie: don't be shy, shoot the rock. http://tinyurl.com/hoasd4l

Cavs apparently would like to pick up Joe Johnson, too, now that he's looking for a new team. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...s-for-joe-johnson-after-potential-nets-buyout

Last edited:
When SAS played GSW Draymond made the right pass every single time when they had the 4 on 3 after the PnR. That was without Duncan and it seemed like Pop was just testing different methods to slow down GSW. Will be interesting to see what happens.

It's incredible how dangerous Steph is; any pick and roll in the middle of the floor basically guarantees the warriors a 4 on 3 advantage. And Green is one of the best guys in the league to get the ball in that situation.

It's incredible how dangerous Steph is; any pick and roll in the middle of the floor basically guarantees the warriors a 4 on 3 advantage. And Green is one of the best guys in the league to get the ball in that situation.

I've never, ever seen a team that makes the right decisions so frequently on the 4 on 3 in that situation.

People always talk about the three pointers that GSW makes. But if you (the general you, not you in particular) watch the games, they get so many easy / high percentage buckets near the rim because of those passes.

I do think Pop, with some more time and a 7 game series, can at least slow them down. But 1) without home court advantage and 2) having to take on OKC the round before, it's going to be a serious challenge.

I also don't know how good a matchup San Antonio is for the Warriors. Golden State will throw that small lineup at you and I don't see how the Spurs can keep Duncan and LMA on the court together. And who is Parker checking?

I also don't know how good a matchup San Antonio is for the Warriors. Golden State will throw that small lineup at you and I don't see how the Spurs can keep Duncan and LMA on the court together. And who is Parker checking?

The smallest guy on the court after Steph and Klay.

Let Barnes or whomever go in the post and back down Tony.

It was just one game, so I don't wanna get all giddy, but he did look good last night, should help the Cavs more than Anderson Varejao would have. Having a long-time friend, Richard Jefferson, on the team probably is helping Frye settle in, as are the marching orders from LeBron and Kyrie: don't be shy, shoot the rock. http://tinyurl.com/hoasd4l

Cavs apparently would like to pick up Joe Johnson, too, now that he's looking for a new team. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...s-for-joe-johnson-after-potential-nets-buyout
I do not think you can win it all with JR on a team. Would be an upgrade if they could swap them out.

I do not think you can win it all with JR on a team. Would be an upgrade if they could swap them out.
I don't think JR's going anywhere -- next season, who knows -- and I think he's played well this season, including on defense. I understand people's reservations about him from his experiences in NY and elsewhere, but I think he understands and likes his situation and that, if he goes knucklehead, his boy LeBron will not save him.

Johnson would be a nice get, though, would be a good fit with the second unit. Clearly, the Cavs are gonna go after him hard.
http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/cav...ter-brooklyn-nets-waive-him-thursday-1.664647

I don't think JR's going anywhere -- next season, who knows -- and I think he's played well this season, including on defense. I understand people's reservations about him from his experiences in NY and elsewhere, but I think he understands and likes his situation and that, if he goes knucklehead, his boy LeBron will not save him.

Johnson would be a nice get, though, would be a good fit with the second unit. Clearly, the Cavs are gonna go after him hard.
http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/cav...ter-brooklyn-nets-waive-him-thursday-1.664647

JR will go full knucklehead at the drop of a hat. Never think he's turned the corner. We're talking about a guy who got suspended in the playoffs just last year.

JR will go full knucklehead at the drop of a hat. Never think he's turned the corner. We're talking about a guy who got suspended in the playoffs just last year.
I know, I'm just hoping JR will be able to keep Knucklehead JR at bay, keeps reminding himself what a good situation he's in, particularly with LeBron in his corner. We shall see.

Joe Johnson would be a nice addition, though, would help give LeBron some relief off the bench. Could help, too, if the Cavs play small-ball Golden State in the grand finale.

I know, I'm just hoping JR will be able to keep Knucklehead JR at bay, keeps reminding himself what a good situation he's in, particularly with LeBron in his corner. We shall see.

Joe Johnson would be a nice addition, though, would help give LeBron some relief off the bench. Could help, too, if the Cavs play small-ball Golden State in the grand finale.

I just would never ever ever give JR too much credit. I think he can't help himself.

I admit I haven't seen much of Johnson this year, the numbers would pretty meh. But he'd have a lot less of a role on the Cavs, so that could help

yeah so this was before the 9 he made last night

Kyle Lowry is so, so good. Great game, even if my team of choice lost by 2. Love watching Lowry. Had no doubt he was gonna nail this winning shot. Raptors are lookin' good, are right on Cleveland's tail.

Kyle Lowry is so, so good. Great game, even if my team of choice lost by 2. Love watching Lowry. Had no doubt he was gonna nail this winning shot. Raptors are lookin' good, are right on Cleveland's tail.

I usually hate the rival teams that kick our butts, but...I liked that Villanova team a lot. I loved Lowry, and was also a big Randy Foye fan. They were a lot of fun to watch.

I don't think OKC will come out of the west, but they have a chance. Even with the loss you guys had last night, you may end up with a better record than OKC and would, obviously, have HCA.

curry is crazy. he doesnt even act like he cares if he is set most of the time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom