Knicks! (and other NBA action) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Knicks! (and other NBA action)

Down goes Golden State, and MCW played a big role: 17 points, 5 assists, 5 steals, a few rebounds, 30 minutes, a punction-point steal and race down the court for a sweet jam with under a minute to play, and an even sweeter jam on Curry a bit earlier. Headed to YouTube to look for video documentation of the facial.

MCW was great down the stretch. Put up nearly all of his great numbers in the 2nd half. In the final 3-4 minutes he had a great cut to the hoop and dunk in traffic, forced Curry into an airball, 2 steals including the one that he finished with a dunk that basically was the nail in the coffin, a huge offensive rebound to extend a possession, and 2-2 from the line. Also, he notably passed up 2 wide open mid range jumpers and passed the ball. When he plays with that energy and focus, he's a great team player.

MCW was great down the stretch. Put up nearly all of his great numbers in the 2nd half. In the final 3-4 minutes he had a great cut to the hoop and dunk in traffic, forced Curry into an airball, 2 steals including the one that he finished with a dunk that basically was the nail in the coffin, a huge offensive rebound to extend a possession, and 2-2 from the line. Also, he notably passed up 2 wide open mid range jumpers and passed the ball. When he plays with that energy and focus, he's a great team player.

Here's that punctuation-point, nail-in-the-coffin steal and jam,
BTW, Greg Monroe looked great, too: 28 points, 11 rebounds, 5 assists, good looking beard.

Last edited:
Here's that punctuation-point, nail-in-the-coffin steal and jam,
BTW, Greg Monroe looked great, too: 28 points, 11 rebounds, 5 assists, good looking beard.

I hate to give a Hoya credit, but MCW cancels it out. Monroe was great tonight. Love what the Warriors are doing, but if they were going to lose its great to see a Cuse player have a huge role in knocking them off.

I hate to give a Hoya credit, but MCW cancels it out. Monroe was great tonight. Love what the Warriors are doing, but if they were going to lose its great to see a Cuse player have a huge role in knocking them off.

This was sweet. Nice effort by Curry.

This was sweet. Nice effort by Curry.

MCW was a man down the stretch.

Back to back after the Celtics took them to to OT last night, and in Milwaukee...I had a feeling the Bucks would win tonight, as the Bucks are a weird enough team to pull this off.

Monroe BBQ chicken'd Green.

If MCW ever gets even an average jump shot, he'd be a top 15 PG.

Last edited:
Knicks are on a little mini-roll here lately. Hope they keep it up, as I will be in Cleveland on Wednesday to watch them play,

Per reddit:

MCW over his last 5 games is averaging 19.4 PPG/5.4 APG/5.6 RPG/2.0 SPG/2.2 TOPG while shooting 52.5% from the field.

Per reddit:

MCW over his last 5 games is averaging 19.4 PPG/5.4 APG/5.6 RPG/2.0 SPG/2.2 TOPG while shooting 52.5% from the field.
The kid is a unique talent. Philly should have built their team around him instead of dealing him.

Per reddit:

Would be great if he kept it up, but we've seen him play like this for small stretches before. It's been fun lately though.

Just a quick note: Spurs are now 20-0 at home and dismantled the Rockets with Duncan scoring zero points.

Looking forward to that Western Conf Finals vs. GS

That would be sweet. Lotta season to go, but, as of today, don't see OKC or any other team out West beating out the Spurs or Warriors.

The East is considerably stronger this season, but, still, the Cavs so far seem to be a step or two or three ahead of the rest and should only get stronger the more Kyrie gets his mojo back. He looked like he's well on his way tonight -- 7 months to the day since he fractured his kneecap in the first game of the Finals against Golden State.

Kyrie had 25 points tonight from deep and in close, 8 assists and 6 rebounds in nearly 29 minutes against Toronto, the best Kyrie's looked since coming back two weeks ago. Cavs headed outta town for a 6-game roadie, including a game a week from Thursday at San Antonio. Save me an aisle seat.

That would be sweet. Lotta season to go, but, as of today, don't see OKC or any other team out West beating out the Spurs or Warriors.

The East is considerably stronger this season, but, still, the Cavs so far seem to be a step or two or three ahead of the rest and should only get stronger the more Kyrie gets his mojo back. He looked like he's well on his way tonight -- 7 months to the day since he fractured his kneecap in the first game of the Finals against Golden State.

Kyrie had 25 points tonight from deep and in close, 8 assists and 6 rebounds in nearly 29 minutes against Toronto, the best Kyrie's looked since coming back two weeks ago. Cavs headed outta town for a 6-game roadie, including a game a week from Thursday at San Antonio. Save me an aisle seat.

Kyrie was fantastic last night as were the Cavs

I would expect GS-SA in the west finals, but I'll continue to say that if OKC has their big 3 guys healthy in the playoffs, they can play with anyone.

I would expect GS-SA in the west finals, but I'll continue to say that if OKC has their big 3 guys healthy in the playoffs, they can play with anyone.

You would think, but they need to get a lot better on defense if they are going to beat either of those teams. They have great athletes on the perimeter and solid rim protection, they should be better than the middle of the pack on that side of the ball. Our boy Dion is really bad this year. 38% overall. He's been passed by Cameron Payne and Anthony Morrow on the depth chart.

You would think, but they need to get a lot better on defense if they are going to beat either of those teams. They have great athletes on the perimeter and solid rim protection, they should be better than the middle of the pack on that side of the ball. Our boy Dion is really bad this year. 38% overall. He's been passed by Cameron Payne and Anthony Morrow on the depth chart.

Honestly I'm not sure you need to specify that he's been awful this year. He's pretty much been bad his entire pro career.

I wonder how much of the mediocre defense is just Enes Kanter. Guy got a max offer sheet this summer, and OKC is nearly 7 points per 100 better when he sits.

Latest update on the most exciting thing in sports:

GSW 36-2 (18-0 at home)

SAS 33-6 (22-0 at home)

Play each other on 01/25.

Both teams also play Cleveland in the next few weeks.

I'm fascinated to see what San Antonio's D against Golden State's O, and if San Antonio can keep 2 bigs on the court against GSW at all times.

Latest update on the most exciting thing in sports:

GSW 36-2 (18-0 at home)

SAS 33-6 (22-0 at home)

Play each other on 01/25.

Both teams also play Cleveland in the next few weeks.

It's crazy t hey haven't played each other yet. Think i read the spurs have the best point differential of all time, either for a full year or after 39 games. Insane.

It's crazy t hey haven't played each other yet. Think i read the spurs have the best point differential of all time, either for a full year or after 39 games. Insane.

And the Knicks could of had them:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom