Kyle Cuffe Transferring to Syracuse (5/18/23) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Kyle Cuffe Transferring to Syracuse (5/18/23)

Guard U. I’m so excited for this brand of basketball. He has a clear cut vision and identity of what Cuse bball is going to be. This is why I was so excited for Red to take over bc of the radical shift with how this team will play.
And the other thing, look at how all these kids say “connection with Red”, the kids love the HEAD COACH and hear from the HEAD COACH. Red knows how good this opportunity is and he is putting some serious players together. I love it
So far, Autry has outperformed expectations on the recruiting front. Love it. In game coaching will be a test but can't help to love everything he's done thus far.

"I feel our backcourt is going to be real scary.’’ - Cuffe

“Judah’s my boy, too,’’ Cuffe said. “I’ve known him since I was little. If he comes back that only adds more value to us and makes us that much better.’’ - Cuffe

I don't think so... He looks a lot bigger in this video than in his high school highlights. Clearly did some lifting in his two years off. I was hoping it would show he hasn't lost his bounce, but no way to tell from that "workout." He doesn't have any major flaws in his shooting stroke, at least.

With Westry, Carey, Patterson and now Cuffe, we have a full four player freshman class. In eligibility, that is.
Yeah, good call on him looking bigger. It doesn't appear to be a super strenuous workout. So, maybe he isn't a full go yet. But, it is good to see him moving that well.

This could be with an eye on 2024. Give a development year with some minutes, slot him in as a starter next season if JJ, Judah, and Chance go NBA.
i feel like after that knee injury, might take him a year to reach full speed

This program needed more talent and athleticism in the worst way and that’s what Red has given us this offseason, from the portal to landing Donnie in ‘24, I’m not sure we could’ve asked for more. If he can coach is still tbd, but Red has a plan for this program and this team and he’s executed it masterfully so far. Excited for hoops for the first time in a long time.

A hidden gem with such a deep roster, is the competitiveness and intensity that should exist in every practice. These kids want to play and they will have plenty of competition for every spot to earn their playing time. They will have to improve, stay focused to improve both offensively and defensively.

Who knows how good Kyle can be? Hard to tell when he hasn't played. But I am excited that we'll have options. If we're going to get someone's sloppy seconds, you could do worse than KU.

I still have a lot of questions about this year’s team and I’m probably more pessimistic than most that they will be tournament quality.

But overall I think Red is handling this first offseason well given the unexpected departure of Jesse and the likely departure of Judah. He’s injecting some enthusiasm into the program for sure.

And check some of the top comments...
20230518_155349.jpg

I said it after Westry commit and I'll say it again. Tons of eligibility with guards that have already transferred once. Combined with our large class from last year, we have a solid core for the future. A ton of guys capable of stepping up. Seems like we're building the way most of the recent NC winners were built.

The dude levitates!
couple of those dunks gave me verry strong Waiters vibes

wow...he's got bunnies!

but the highlights were from 19-20? 4 years ago???

EDIT - just read up and see he had knee injuries - read the kansas thread...some are high in him but a lot of doubters too...they said St Johns and Pitino passed ...which if true is interesting

Last edited:
Breaking - Cuffe has rescinded his commitment to Syracuse University. Too many puns on his name.

Okay, only kidding. But don't sour the milk!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom