Labissiere & Briscoe | Syracusefan.com

Labissiere & Briscoe

Flacusian

All Conference
Both going to Kentucky. It really doesn't seem like it was really that long ago when Kentucky was in decline from it's glory years and they didn't get much in the way of top flight talent. Or so it seemed. Now it's an embarrassment of riches. Everyone else is playing for 2nd when it comes to assembling ridiculously highly rated recruiting classes.

Usually I just shrug it off when someone lands kids that we were in the mix for at one time or another. But I guess in retrospect, Briscoe was never coming to Cuse. That's my opinion. Outside of losing to Kentucky in the title game there really should be no axe to grind against UK... but... and I hate to say it, I hate that program and the fact that they have been assembling teams comprised of pretty much exclusively 5 star Mickey D All Americans and future lottery picks for the NBA.

I couldn't have been happier when they tanked in the early going but as the season progressed the talent inevitably rounded out into form and they were pertinent by years end. So, I hate the UK program and all that they stand for with them being an icon of worship by ESPN and the media. I hate John Calapari and all the smarmy, sleazy odious stank that emanates from his used car lot persona. I hate the UK logo that boneheaded recruits shave into their scalps when making their announcement. I hate the never ending coverage and program a$$ smooching by the talking heads which drones on tirelessly throughout every season.

Briscoe's dad had stated that he wanted Isaiah to be focus of the offense on the team he would ultimately play for. Ya gotta wonder how that's going to shake out at Kentucky where there are an infinitely higher amount of wanted touches than touches available. Just another one of these young kids who thinks the sun rises and sets on their ambitions and theirs alone. Screw kids like that. That's not sporting. That's self promoting bizwaz and nothing more. Some people may say that's the way it is now and there is noting wrong with it. I disagree. These kids have no loyalty to the school they commit to beyond their ability to get them into the league. People can say whatever they want about Carmelo Anthony but Melo came back to his One and done U and gifted the program with something which will be a lasting legacy of his love of SU and the loyalty he feels for the program. Normally I don't have any propensity for wishing ill of anyone or any program... but that has now all changed on account of one thing called Kentucky Basketball. There has to be some rotten crap festering somewhere in the bowels of Rump Arena and that begs the question,"Why the hell isn't the NCAA poking around to see what the source of that stench is?" Or are they too busy thinking there must be some kind of improprieties going on around the Syracuse program. Gimmie a break!!!! Sometimes it's stuff like this that threatens to take out any semblance of the joy that used to be so abundant from following college basketball. Kentucky Basketball is like going out to the playground and picking all the best kids and then kicking the ever living crap out of the humble not so athletically endowed kids and then boasting about how great a game it was.

I have to go now... I just threw up in my mouth.

And for what it's worth.
LGO... and War Damn Otto
I await the day when we again face off against Kentucky for all the marbles... it will be different next time because sometimes the GOOD GUYS DO WIN.

Last edited:
How do you really feel?:confused: It's good to know that we still have hard working coaches who recruit good kids.

How do you really feel?:confused: It's good to know that we still have hard working coaches who recruit good kids.
Clifton... Sometimes it's nice to just exercise the right to bang the spoon on the cereal bowl for a while. The tirade will soon pass and I'll feel better. It would be different if I didn't have the overwhelming suspicion that Cal isn't just simply a "hard working coach who recruits good kids". ;)

I don't want to root for a team full of players that are going to leave after their year is up. I like rooting for players that put the time in and that I get to watch develop. That's the fun of college bball for me. If it means less top 5 finishes and less Titles, then so be it.

I never minded UK until now. Sleaziness aside, they're stepping on our toes in our recruiting turf. Not that we would have gotten all of these guys if UK was still a .500 SEC team with Tubby at the helm, but what if we got 1, 2, or 3 of these guys:

Anthony Davis
Doron Lamb
Brandon Knight
Nerlens Noel
Dakari Johnson
Karl Towns

If UK never made this ri$e back to glory, you have to think SU gets some of these guys and maybe gets a few more wins in March.

Briscoe didn't sign a LOI and I don't think it's a 100% given that he will in the spring, we'll see. St John's thought they had him, their fans are hurting big time tonight.

As far as Calipari is concerned, I'm not a fan but I don't hate the guy either. He may be sleazier than the rest but the rest is still sleazy so I can't fault him for being better at it. Besides, the vast majority of college basketball fans would love to have him as their coach if he could bring them the same results.

All the talent he's gotten at Kentucky still hasn't translated into multiple NCs, he only has one there. UConn, who some members say had an easy road to their recent championships, beat UK in the Final Four twice with inferior talent. It'll be interesting to see what happens this season, UK is super loaded.

I don't want to root for a team full of players that are going to leave after their year is up. I like rooting for players that put the time in and that I get to watch develop. That's the fun of college bball for me. If it means less top 5 finishes and less Titles, then so be it.

Yeah ok.

Boeheim said he recruits different kinds of players, he said Kentucky recruits "real one and dones", he may take one but not 3 or 4. I guess he'll stop recruiting top players that he somehow knows are one and done before they set foot on a college court after the one. He also said he's only lost one guy to Kentucky, I'm not sure why there's so much hatred.

Duke has 9 McDonalds All Americans, do you hate them too or is that different?

Briscoe just wanted to play for a program who abides by the rules, puts academics first and really values the 4 year player.

cal-laugh.gif

Syracuse is having NO trouble recruiting in a legitimate manner. I don't even pay attention to UK. They will just turn on each other like they do every other year when every pri madonna on the team doesn't get 20 shots a game. They won ONE championship with this cheating model, i dont see that number changing anytime soon... and it's only a matter of time that it gets taken away like his wins at Umass. Cal can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

Syracuse is having NO trouble recruiting in a legitimate manner. I don't even pay attention to UK. They will just turn on each other like they do every other year when every pri madonna on the team doesn't get 20 shots a game. They won ONE championship with this cheating model, i dont see that number changing anytime soon... and it's only a matter of time that it gets taken away like his wins at Umass. Cal can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

Tell me about those years when they all turned on each other.

Cal stated in an interview on espn.com recently that he (paraphrasing) - Cares more about the number of kids he gets to the NBA not NCAA championships. Said he wanted it to be like 100 or something.

Guy is a DB - How the hell they stay above the APR is beyond my thoughts.

You need to take a step back and relax brotha. Haha. Are you that high strung that you can't take a joke?

Cal stated in an interview on espn.com recently that he (paraphrasing) - Cares more about the number of kids he gets to the NBA not NCAA championships. Said he wanted it to be like 100 or something.

Guy is a DB - How the hell they stay above the APR is beyond my thoughts.
That's the real question. We lose 3 guys to the NBA and our APR plummets...they lose 4 or 5 every season. How is this possible?

You need to take a step back and relax brotha. Haha. Are you that high strung that you can't take a joke?

OK...

You got called out on BS and now you're walking it back.

That's the real question. We lose 3 guys to the NBA and our APR plummets...they lose 4 or 5 every season. How is this possible?

Because you just have to be in good standing in whatever classes you're taking.

OK...

You got called out on BS and now you're walking it back.

Right...haha

I was referring to the joke of calling you a Kentucky fan. If you don't think their team turned on each other in 2012-13 then you are not watching college basketball. Keep talking crap though...

The "professors" at Kentucky would be killed if they failed a kid.
Just like UNC...making everything up as they go along really. i heard World wide Wes was a history professor there.

very good pt and great question! they take care of their own in kentucky. different example from grades, but for ex, what happened to us in 92 and how it went down never ever would happen to kentucky imo. just a different culture

very good pt and great question! they take care of their own in kentucky. different example from grades, but for ex, what happened to us in 92 and how it went down never ever would happen to kentucky imo. just a different culture

UK cheats and cheats indiscriminantly. The FedEx'ed a package of money to Chris Mills around the time we were getting raked over the coals by the NCAA in 1992.

There is no doubt in my mind that they are crooked now, too--but they've got very good mechanisms for pushing the envelope to the limits while still maintaining plausible deniability.

But at some point, the devil is going to get his due. There is no doubt in my mind that just like at umass and memphis, Cal's willingness to bend the rules is going to catch up to UK, and they'll have to vacate a final four [again, just like umass / memphis]. Its inevitable.

Yet another example of how ineffectual a governing body the NCAA is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom