Lawrence announced as Clemson starter / Bryant transferring | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lawrence announced as Clemson starter / Bryant transferring

No, its not. It shows panic and that they are scared to lose to us twice in a row. They don't trust the senior who has won them all those games to manage the game vs us. THey feel they need a playmaker to get past Cuse and outscore our offense.

Pretty much they think we will hit 30 or so points if they are making this move because Lawrence is who you want to hang 40+ on a team. They are prepping for a shootout. If I were them I'd wait until your past the team who beat you last year to make this official. They are the home team and should want to beat us at their game (run and try and have a lopsided time of possession to tire our D.)

Now... if we play like crap and get blown out the final score will probably be a bit uglier than if Bryant had started but that is just one scenario and I am not sure it will happen.

Now there's a hot take.

They've been using him more and more. Because he's better. Has nothing to do with us, other than we happen to be the 5th game on the schedule and that's when they felt he was ready.

Nope. Bryant is a senior and did not redshirt. He's done after this season.

Don't the new rules say that you can play in up to 4 games and still redshirt? I believe they do, but I could be wrong.

No, its not. It shows panic and that they are scared to lose to us twice in a row. They don't trust the senior who has won them all those games to manage the game vs us. THey feel they need a playmaker to get past Cuse and outscore our offense.

Pretty much they think we will hit 30 or so points if they are making this move because Lawrence is who you want to hang 40+ on a team. They are prepping for a shootout. If I were them I'd wait until your past the team who beat you last year to make this official. They are the home team and should want to beat us at their game (run and try and have a lopsided time of possession to tire our D.)

Now... if we play like crap and get blown out the final score will probably be a bit uglier than if Bryant had started but that is just one scenario and I am not sure it will happen.

Yikes

Don't the new rules say that you can play in up to 4 games and still redshirt? I believe they do, but I could be wrong.
Correct

Now there's a hot take.

They've been using him more and more. Because he's better. Has nothing to do with us, other than we happen to be the 5th game on the schedule and that's when they felt he was ready.

sort of hoping Dino would do the same with a few positions.

Whatever. I'm most excited to see how our respective lines do against one another. Clemson's DLine is everything it's billed to be, and our OL has developed into a legitimate strength. Can't wait to see what happens.

They do. If Hunter Johnson was still with the team, I would think this might be a possibility. We only have three scholarship QB's at this point. You can expect Bryant to continue leading at least 4 series per game.

Would they be making the move this week if the opponent was a big name school?

Say they were playing FSU and FSU had given them their only loss the year before (and wasn't in the gutter) do they make the switch week 5 because of a good game vs GT?

I'm aware hes good but its gonna be his first start. He'll make some plays but he might make some big mistakes too. Bryant wasn't going to make mistakes after losing to us last year.
Syracuse is undefeated and you beat us last year.

Yes, after this past Saturday the change was coming regardless.

I love the direction we're heading, but I think our d-line is in for a rude awakening. We're going from playing pretty much nobody, to a a line, especially on defense, that is chock full of NFL talent. Someone earlier posted exactly what I think our problem will be. Wr's will have a tough time getting open. If they're jammed at the line, Dungey will have about 2 seconds to make a decision. Clemsons D-line could play in the NFL right now.
They'll need to draw up a lot of quick little slants. Our little guys in the slot will need to come up huge.

Is he a dual threat or a pocket guy? Honestly, I'd rather we always play against the pocket guy, i don't care if its Tom Brady.

Edit: I suppose that if Bryant is also a pocket-guy, this is irrelevant and I preferred to play the worse of the two.

Syracuse is undefeated and you beat us last year.

Yes, after this past Saturday the change was coming regardless.

Its more fun to go up against the hyped guy. Lawrence starting is going to bring more eyeballs to our game too. We aren't ranked so that type of thing helps.

But I personally would want the guy with experience who has seen our D and my gameplan if I was Dabo would be to run as much as possible and dominate time of possession. In a shootout we have a shot I'll take the team with the Sr who won the year before if this becomes high scoring.

Would they be making the move this week if the opponent was a big name school?

Say they were playing FSU and FSU had given them their only loss the year before (and wasn't in the gutter) do they make the switch week 5 because of a good game vs GT?

I'm aware hes good but its gonna be his first start. He'll make some plays but he might make some big mistakes too. Bryant wasn't going to make mistakes after losing to us last year.
Yes. I'm guessing they would. Lawrence has been talked about as the next coming of Joe Montana since he was in high school. Bryant is a really good quarterback. Lawrence may make Clemsons offense elite.

Its more fun to go up against the hyped guy. Lawrence starting is going to bring more eyeballs to our game too. We aren't ranked so that type of thing helps.

But I personally would want the guy with experience who has seen our D and my gameplan if I was Dabo would be to run as much as possible and dominate time of possession. In a shootout we have a shot I'll take the team with the Sr who won the year before if this becomes high scoring.
Lawrence will start. Bryant will play. The QB who moves the team best will get the most snaps.

The are making the change because the kid is better *end story*

I love the direction we're heading, but I think our d-line is in for a rude awakening. We're going from playing pretty much nobody, to a a line, especially on defense, that is chock full of NFL talent. Someone earlier posted exactly what I think our problem will be. Wr's will have a tough time getting open. If they're jammed at the line, Dungey will have about 2 seconds to make a decision. Clemsons D-line could play in the NFL right now.
They'll need to draw up a lot of quick little slants. Our little guys in the slot will need to come up huge.

Clemson is starting the same 4 guys on the D-line that we (somehow) managed to beat last year.

I'm sure they're all another year better now (no duh), but our O-Line was a makeshift patchwork unit last year, vs. being cohesive and experienced this year.

Clemson is clearly the best, most talented team we'll face this year.
Just like they were last year.

I do agree 100% that we need quick hitting plays, and that the slot guys need to be ballers on Sat for us to have any chance. Oh, and of course Dungey needs to do Dungey things.

Clemson is starting the same 4 guys on the D-line that we (somehow) managed to beat last year.

I'm sure they're all another year better now (no duh), but our O-Line was a makeshift patchwork unit last year, vs. being cohesive and experienced this year.

Clemson is clearly the best, most talented team we'll face this year.
Just like they were last year.

I do agree 100% that we need quick hitting plays, and that the slot guys need to be ballers on Sat for us to have any chance. Oh, and of course Dungey needs to do Dungey things.
I'm aware, but something tells me that the d-line will look like we thought their d-line would look last year.

Must be the winds of change are blowing...

Coach speak would likely say "The game has slowed down for him and he's ready..."

Robinson and Coleman are licking their chops to test that theory.

Why would they announce it now and give us a week to prepare... That makes no sense...

I think there's a corollary there... and it falls somewhere between confidence and arrogance.

I hope we really punch them in the mouth now.

Makes sense. Home game at noon. Next home game would have been NC State.

Kid is legit. Just have to get some pressure on him and be savvy with our coverage.

We're going to have to win special teams, win turnovers and our WRs are going to have to make some big time plays. While our OL is solid, asking them to keep the pressure off with Clemson's DL is just too much. We know it's coming.

BTW, seems like KB has been a class act through this process. Kudos to him.

After four games, Lawrence has actually played more series than Bryant this season including more at GT last week. It was coming regardless of opponent. Lawrence ranks 8th in the country in QB efficiency. He is still a true freshman though so could possibly make some youngster mistakes.