Lawrence announced as Clemson starter / Bryant transferring | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Lawrence announced as Clemson starter / Bryant transferring

No, its not. It shows panic and that they are scared to lose to us twice in a row. They don't trust the senior who has won them all those games to manage the game vs us. THey feel they need a playmaker to get past Cuse and outscore our offense.

Pretty much they think we will hit 30 or so points if they are making this move because Lawrence is who you want to hang 40+ on a team. They are prepping for a shootout. If I were them I'd wait until your past the team who beat you last year to make this official. They are the home team and should want to beat us at their game (run and try and have a lopsided time of possession to tire our D.)

Now... if we play like crap and get blown out the final score will probably be a bit uglier than if Bryant had started but that is just one scenario and I am not sure it will happen.

It's not panic. Lawrence is that much better than Bryant. Bryant was going to be on thin ice with the fanbase clamoring for Trevor and it got thinner when Lawrence came in and performed as well as he did. It was his job to lose and he lost it. Syracuse needs to be mistake free in the secondary. He will carve them up if the O line gives him the time he needs. The rush from the defense needs to be quick and efficient. Get through the holes, shoot through the gaps and push those lineman back.

No, its not. It shows panic and that they are scared to lose to us twice in a row. They don't trust the senior who has won them all those games to manage the game vs us. THey feel they need a playmaker to get past Cuse and outscore our offense.

Pretty much they think we will hit 30 or so points if they are making this move because Lawrence is who you want to hang 40+ on a team. They are prepping for a shootout. If I were them I'd wait until your past the team who beat you last year to make this official. They are the home team and should want to beat us at their game (run and try and have a lopsided time of possession to tire our D.)

Now... if we play like crap and get blown out the final score will probably be a bit uglier than if Bryant had started but that is just one scenario and I am not sure it will happen.

:confused:.....:confused:

Syracuse is undefeated and you beat us last year.

Yes, after this past Saturday the change was coming regardless.

Not doubting that, just odd they'd telegraph that at the beginning of the week publicly.

I can tell you one thing, Babers and DC Ward will be using it in filmroom and when talking to the defense "They are telling the world they are making the change to their freshman QB because they don't think it will matter in the outcome of the game. He's clearly a talented kid, but do you think you can get to him and make him make mistakes?? Can you make his day difficult?? ...because Clemson doesn't think you can. They're giving us all week to plan for it and they obviously think there's nothing you can do to stop him. How does that make you guys feel?? "

Chip will be on shoulder.

To this point in the season Bryant has struggled (not sure why) and Lawrence has excelled. Seems like the right thing to do with a team that is trying to win a national championship. Don't think that the timing has anything to do with our game specifically outside of them probably being more willing to start a young guy at home versus on the road for his first start.

Just watched a little bit of tape on Lawrence and the kid looked poised and accurate. He has a funny motion, but so did Philip Rivers. Would love to see what he would do with our pass rush in his face. If he's not under duress, I believe he will find the open receiver more often than not and make it difficult for us to win the game.

Not doubting that, just odd they'd telegraph that at the beginning of the week publicly.

I can tell you one thing, Babers and DC Ward will be using it in filmroom and when talking to the defense "They are telling the world they are making the change to their freshman QB because they don't think it will matter in the outcome of the game. He's clearly a talented kid, but do you think you can get to him and make him make mistakes?? Can you make his day difficult?? ...because Clemson doesn't think you can. They're giving us all week to plan for it and they obviously think there's nothing you can do to stop him. How does that make you guys feel?? "

What about Millhouse? :p

What about Millhouse? :p

Millhouse admitted on Saturday that he used to be drunk guy but his kids have changed him.

I'm unsure if that means he is now drunk guy with kids, or what...

I love the direction we're heading, but I think our d-line is in for a rude awakening. We're going from playing pretty much nobody, to a a line, especially on defense, that is chock full of NFL talent. Someone earlier posted exactly what I think our problem will be. Wr's will have a tough time getting open. If they're jammed at the line, Dungey will have about 2 seconds to make a decision. Clemsons D-line could play in the NFL right now.
They'll need to draw up a lot of quick little slants. Our little guys in the slot will need to come up huge.

My head agrees with you. My heart REALLY hopes this is where both lines shows they are legit. No way, shape, or form do I mean dominate their lines, but compete and come close to matching the successes that the Clemson lines have. IMO if both their lines dominate the spread is legit, if Cuse lines compete like I think they can, Cuse covers spread! Let’s see how wrong I can be.

You're overthinking this. Elliott is starting Lawrence because he thinks he gives us the best chance to win. Also, bet your bottom dollar that Bryant will get significant playing time while the outcome is still in question.

Lawrence gives us the best version of our true offense since Deshaun Watson was at the controls. He has the ability to stretch the field which helps open up the run game for Etienne and Feaster. I’m not sure how many posters on here are worried about Etienne but that is who imo Syracuse needs to focus on stopping in order to slow down our offense. Lawrence also has two elite 5 Star receivers at his disposal in Tee Higgins and Justyn Ross who they’ve started inserting in the game at the same time to create matchup problems. These guys are a totally different animal from what the Cuse faced last year. Both go 6-4, 6-5, can run and go up and get it. You also have to account for Amari Rodgers in the slot and a guy named Hunter Renfrow.

You're overthinking this. Elliott is starting Lawrence because he thinks he gives us the best chance to win. Also, bet your bottom dollar that Bryant will get significant playing time while the outcome is still in question.

That's fine. My point was why broadcast it at the beginning of the week on Monday??.. Just wait it out and do it live... No need to tip your cards. Seems slightly odd from a coaching perspective is all.

But, can't he only play your games, then sit.
He can but he won't. We only have 3 scholarship QB's. He will get plenty of playing time to showcase his talent for whatever is coming next. If Bryant doesn't play 4 series this Saturday I will be a very surprised Tiger fan.

That's fine. My point was why broadcast it at the beginning of the week on Monday??.. Just wait it out and do it live... No need to tip your cards. Seems slightly odd from a coaching perspective is all.
Probably because they are still planning to play 2 QB's just like the last four games. Only difference is who is going to take the first snap.

Here is why.
That GTech DL is horrible. I'm not saying Lawrence won't pick apart our secondary, but I'd expect a lot more pressure from our DL than what he saw last week.

Lawrence is a top QB prospect and Etienne (sp?) is an NFL back. This team is 100% legit and should make the playoff. Again.

But Tigers fans should probably allow us a little hope. We’re undefeated and beat you guys last year. We have a SR QB who is very dangerous. A better D. Our special teams have been very good.

We’ll prob lose. But it’s no gimme.

dabo is no fool he starts a kid with high confidence and great performance. kelly has low performance and a bad history against us==which he remembers.
we will try to pressure the newbie right away==there maybe draws, and screens, short te passes right away--- he will go uptempo as well. this is a good test for us as players and particularly, coaching
i hope dino is taking the approach that u.s. grant did with his generals re with r.e.lee he told them stop worrying about what lee will do. start thinking about what we will do to him

maxresdefault.jpg

dabo is no fool he starts a kid with high confidence and great performance. kelly has low performance and a bad history against us==which he remembers.
we will try to pressure the newbie right away==there maybe draws, and screens, short te passes right away--- he will go uptempo as well. this is a good test for us as players and particularly, coaching
i hope dino is taking the approach that u.s. grant did with his generals re with r.e.lee he told them stop worrying about what lee will do. start thinking about what we will do to him
I would play cover 2 with delayed safety blitzes.

I love the direction we're heading, but I think our d-line is in for a rude awakening. We're going from playing pretty much nobody, to a a line, especially on defense, that is chock full of NFL talent. Someone earlier posted exactly what I think our problem will be. Wr's will have a tough time getting open. If they're jammed at the line, Dungey will have about 2 seconds to make a decision. Clemsons D-line could play in the NFL right now.
They'll need to draw up a lot of quick little slants. Our little guys in the slot will need to come up huge.
Yeah but our dline did well against them last year as did our o line. Didn’t get a ton of pressure without blitzing. We play fast and smart we will be ok up front.

I like it great job