Lax Pick ‘em : Week 5 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Lax Pick ‘em : Week 5

Perhaps, although Syracuse is directly competing with Duke and ND for the 8 at-large spots to the NCAA tmt.

Going into the season with ND and Duke being ranked #1 and #2, it looked like a sure thing that they would garner at large spots. With ND and Duke losing to Georgetown and Penn, respectively, it looks less sure.
To put it another way, if one of ND or Duke struggled and allowed Syracuse to move into the 3rd spot in the ACC, it could be a good thing.
That would require us beating one of them and UNC. We shall see if we can pull off what Gtown and Penn did.

1-0 With Army (wish I lost that)

Princenton

1-0 With Army (wish I lost that)

Princeton +1.5, holding off on the other 2 for now.

2-0 with Army and Princeton

Providence -1.5
Penn -1.5

That would require us beating one of them and UNC. We shall see if we can pull off what Gtown and Penn did.
I was referring to 3rd in the ACC with respect to the NCAA selection criteria actually.

Making the NCAA tmt does require Syracuse to beat some of the good teams on their schedule like UVa, ND, Duke, Cornell, Hopkins, or in the ACC tmt.

PSU beats Yale 15-14 in ot.

Virginia up 10-8 over Hopkins at half

Cornell 15-11 over OSU

hopkins pulls win over uva. With all the wins this weekend of some teams gotta say cuse better come out not looking past high point. They need to take care of business and come out with a win.

uva struggles at faceoffs will help teams to stay and even beat them as long as take care of ball and finish ur shots.

Penn did what i’ve said for while on how to shut down o’neil. Which is constantly be aggressive on him body check with a quick double team when does pick. If ya can be physical n defender to do so he gets fluster n takes bad shots n turnovers. Grant need defender who can. The games o’neil was shut down that’s how it was done. Just constant pressure on him not giving him single inch. Not letting him get run to start or even when catches pass already there on his hands n just pounding his bottom hands n body checks.

richmond -10 L (so close on this one)
Psu -1.5 L ( actually wanted to go with jax over john’s as had feeling psu may choke after ivies night before)
Michigan -1.5 W

Army -6 (results pending till toma)

9-7 YTD (before SU game)

Cornell -2 vs. O$U
Princeton +1.5 vs. UNC
SU -3.5 vs. Army (L)
SU -8 vs. High Point
You are pretty good when you don't bet on the home team.

8-8 ytd

Loyola -1.5 v. Colgate
Cornell -2 v. Ohio State
Michigan -1.5 v. Delaware
Maryland +2 v. Notre Dame
2-2 this week, 10-10 ytd

really thought Loyola turned the corner with their OT win over Towson--nope
thought Maryland would at least keep it close(as history would suggest) --nope again

IMG_5557.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom