Hempstead, N.Y.

(3) IVY/Yale vs. COLONIAL/Massachusetts
(6) BIG EAST/Villanova vs. Rutgers

Annapolis, Md.

(7) Notre Dame vs. Denver
(2) BIG TEN/Maryland vs. NORTHEAST/Bryant

Last four in: Duke, Penn, Rutgers, Denver
First four out: Virginia, Penn State, North Carolina, Harvard

Multi-bid conferences: Atlantic Coast (3), Big Ten (3), Ivy (3), Big East (2)

Bracketology, First Edition: Albany's Case for the No. 1 Overall Seed

Oofa that would ve a bad draw dor Albany. After the cake walk opener i get Cornell or Duke and then Hopkins or Cuse or Loyola in the semis

Oofa that would ve a bad draw dor Albany. After the cake walk opener i get Cornell or Duke and then Hopkins or Cuse or Loyola in the semis

These things get earlier and earlier every year.

We'll just have to win out and have Yale lose a game or two. ;)

I think we need to avoid Loyola like the plague! Great team and another one I watch regularly. Another mean defence dynamic middies and a talisman at attack bookended by two talented freshman!

Do not understand how this works, why would we be a higher seed than Hopkins?

Be beneficial to land where Yale is and be facing Mass n hopefully advancing to face the winner of Rutgers/Villy as I do believe we are better team than Knights regardless of loss to them. I couldn't say the same about potential rematch with Hopkins

I don't follow RPI ratings/rankings or any of that stuff. How in the world would SU get a 4 seed?

I don't follow RPI ratings/rankings or any of that stuff. How in the world would SU get a 4 seed?
This is their WAG. The RPI listing hasn't been updated on the NCAA site since last May.

Laxpower has us at #4 in the RPI. 7 of the top 8 teams above are in laxpower's top 8, the top 4 in order.

How is Penn in that bracket at 5-5? Their only big win is over dook by 1, plus the Twerps, Cornell, and Yale smoked them.

How is Penn in that bracket at 5-5? Their only big win is over dook by 1, plus the Twerps, Cornell, and Yale smoked them.
Because they are #6 in the RPI I linked above?
upload_2018-4-4_12-6-48.gif

Because they are #6 in the RPI I linked above? View attachment 125925
How does that happen?
Wins - Meeshigan (3 goals), Navy (8), dook (1), Bucknell (1), and Princeton (7)
Losses - Twerps (7), Cornell (7), Yale (6), Penn State (3), and Villanova (2)

UVa 8-3
Wins - Loyola (1), Drexel (5), High Point (6), Princeton (3), Manhattan (3), Stony Brook (1), Dartmouth (6), and Richmond (4)
Losses - Cuse (1), ND (2), and JHU (2)

How does that happen?

UVa 8-3
Wins - Loyola (1), Drexel (5), High Point (6), Princeton (3), Manhattan (3), Stony Brook (1), Dartmouth (6), and Richmond (4)
One of the flaws of RPI - playing highly-rated teams, win or lose, will boost your RPI.

How does that happen?

UVa 8-3
Problem for UVa is that they most likely wont make the ACC tournament and Penn has a very good chance to make the Ivy and get an automatic bid. UVa's best win is vs Loyola both teams played Princeton and Penn beat them by 7. Why does UVa have Dartmouth and Manhattan on their schedule? Those two opponents kill their SOS

Problem for UVa is that they most likely wont make the ACC tournament and Penn has a very good chance to make the Ivy and get an automatic bid. UVa's best win is vs Loyola both teams played Princeton and Penn beat them by 7. Why does UVa have Dartmouth and Manhattan on their schedule? Those two opponents kill their SOS

They also have Stony Brook on their schedule who is having a bad down year and Richmond has struggled at times as well. UVA made a mistake taking the Cornell gaem off the schedule. Keep them on and take off Manhattan or Dartmouth and your in the money. They do play Vermont late in the year which should help them if th Catamounts keep winning. I do think its unlikely Penn will win the Ivy tourney, hard to see them getting by both Cornell and Yale.

If Virginia can beat UNC on Saturday, they have a good chance at making the ACC tmt. UNC would have no ACC wins, but still would have Notre Dame and Syracuse to play. Even if UNC won one of those games, and were in a two team tie with UVa at 1-4, UVa would get the nod.

Of course, Duke and Notre Dame only have 1 ACC win at this time. Virginia still has a home match-up with Duke coming up. Duke hasn't looked unbeatable this year. So there are all sorts of other combinations.

At this moment, I think UVa's chance of making the ACC tmt is around 50%. If they lose to UNC, it probably drops to like 20%. UVa needs Duke to lose to Notre Dame, if that happens.

If Virginia can beat UNC on Saturday, they have a good chance at making the ACC tmt. UNC would have no ACC wins, but still would have Notre Dame and Syracuse to play. Even if UNC won one of those games, and were in a two team tie with UVa at 1-4, UVa would get the nod.

Of course, Duke and Notre Dame only have 1 ACC win at this time. Virginia still has a home match-up with Duke coming up. Duke hasn't looked unbeatable this year. So there are all sorts of other combinations.

At this moment, I think UVa's chance of making the ACC tmt is around 50%. If they lose to UNC, it probably drops to like 20%. UVa needs Duke to lose to Notre Dame, if that happens.
I believe Syracuse is the only team to clinch a spot in the ACCT. If either Duke or ND go 3-1, they would lose a tie-break to SU, but one of them could go 1-3, so we have clinched. Just to mildly correct you, Zack80 , I think you meant if UNC and UVa were in a two-team tie at 1-3 (not 1-4). But your point is correct.

If both Duke and ND finish at 2-2, the winner of their game wins a tie break for seeding, but neither would miss the ACCT.

All this means, that although there is a small possibility of another outcome, the UNC-UVa game is a play-in game for the ACCT. Again, this is if one of Duke or ND don't go belly-up.

I think. ;)

UNC hasn’t been much to write home about this year. We need to beat them Saturday. If we win, then we’d be in because I really doubt they’ll turn things around enough to beat SU and ND (they’d have to beat both) to knock us out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom