Class of 2016 - LB Taylor Riggins (NY) Verbal to UMass | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 LB Taylor Riggins (NY) Verbal to UMass

Whitey23 said:
Visit is/was scheduled for this weekend. We should know if he's the next decommit or not soon enough.

I'm not sure he's visiting. Word is we may have parted ways.

Hmmm...Riggins re-tweeting Scott's decommit is never a good sign.
I have all the faith that HCDB and staff are doing the right thing by following their established plan regarding recruiting. Cuse has been down for so long that I find it refreshing that the new staff are doing things differently and hopefully that equals to more W's.

In Dino We Trust!

I have all the faith that HCDB and staff are doing the right thing by following their established plan regarding recruiting. Cuse has been down for so long that I find it refreshing that the new staff are doing things differently and hopefully that equals to more W's.

In Dino We Trust!

Unless Dino gets creative and finds a way to enter us in this year's NFL Draft we're gonna have a pretty light recruiting class. That's not necessarily a bad thing as long as the positions of need are addressed.

Which puts us at 11 recruits with 2 weeks to go before signing day. :bang:

Big weekend coming up . I'm putting the over under at 4 kids committing after this weekend.

I hope we get more commits next weekend than we did this weekend.:noidea:

Who do you think we get a commit out of this first group, Cooper? Reese?

Would they extend to Byrd just to get Riley and Cooper?:noidea:

The staff may be scrambling. Hard to pull things together this late. I suspect they thought recruiting at a P5 school would be easier. Good luck to them.
I get that sense too. Although who knows. Needless to say, we have room at the inn. Our QB situation kinda terrifies me at the moment. This could be year 3 in a row where we are scrambling to have a QB healthy and productive. God willing, Dino shows that a QB in our system can put up big numbers and we bring in a few to stock the cabinet.

we just had our first OV weekend after a 3 week dead period. the staff isn't "scrambling".

thanks for saying that. my god. the sky is falling the sky is falling. we just got 3 commitments in 3 days and have 15 KNOWN scheduled visits over the next two weekends but yeah we're 'scrambling'. :crazy:

bnoro said:
we just had our first OV weekend after a 3 week dead period. the staff isn't "scrambling".

Depends on how many recruits they plan on signing.

I just hope they don't start going after recruits just to fill the roster. That would defeat the purpose of letting so many recruits go.

thanks for saying that. my god. the sky is falling the sky is falling. we just got 3 commitments in 3 days and have 15 KNOWN scheduled visits over the next two weekends but yeah we're 'scrambling'. :crazy:

On Friday you anticipated us signing 22 players. Do you still think we get that many?

I'm thinking around 18-19 tops and that's with 50% of the 15 visitors committing. Any more and we're probably just taking warm bodies to fill spots. Maybe after NLI day we look at Juco or grad transfers to get up to 20-21.

I think our best shots still in play for NLI day are at RB, WR and DE.

The staff may be scrambling. Hard to pull things together this late. I suspect they thought recruiting at a P5 school would be easier. Good luck to them.

Would you please stop? The Debbie downer routine is tired. They are going to fill the class with plenty of players that can play at this level. There will also be players in the class that do not play, as is the case with every single one of our recruiting classes. Every single one.

On Friday you anticipated us signing 22 players. Do you still think we get that many?

I'm thinking around 18-19 tops and that's with 50% of the 15 visitors committing. Any more and we're probably just taking warm bodies to fill spots. Maybe after NLI day we look at Juco or grad transfers to get up to 20-21.

I think our best shots still in play for NLI day are at RB, WR and DE.

If my math is right, we have room for 21 new players total if everything holds and there are no grade or transfer casualties. 3 players (Ruff, Neal and Culpepper) reduce that number to 18. Minus Riggins and we have 9 other kids in the fold

That leaves room for 9 more players and we have 14 or 15 uncommitted kids still slotted to visit. History also shows the actual number of kids visiting is usually higher than what's reported.