Least fanfare for a recruit ever? | Syracusefan.com

Least fanfare for a recruit ever?

Lawrinson14 said:
Last night Franklin Howard (6-6 4* guard, 2015) announced he is coming to Syracuse. Never would have known looking at this board. Anyway, Welcome Franklin!

I usually pay attention to this stuff but I can say honestly that I've never heard of him.

Looks like he has good size and combo guards are always nice to have. Welcome to the Orange Franklin!

I dont follow recruiting. Is this guy a top recruit? What're his strengths?

"Basically, just the family environment," Howard said. "I wanted to [see] a little campus life around the basketball program, a very strong fan base and basically somewhere I'd want to be for four years."

I'm excited about Howard, based on what I have seen (although that isn't much I have to admit). I don't know if you have NBA potential, Frank, but how about we keep you to your 4 years statement. ;)

Supposedly he's still growing. Looks like another underrated and high upside guy. As for four years...I'm done getting my hopes up, especially if he ends up 6'6'' or better. Guy already looks like he's a shot maker. His recruiting rankings are held down by the fact he's coming off an acl tear.

I'll take a 4 star 6'6" guard any day and be excited. Welcome aboard Franklin. His class is going to be a good one.

MCW was #81 on Scout when he committed to Cuse and it was a very under the radar commit. The rankings don't mean a thing. The top of the zone will have Howard at 6'5+" and Malachi at 6'6" and should be pretty nasty. Can't wait!

MCW was #81 on Scout when he committed to Cuse and it was a very under the radar commit. The rankings don't mean a thing. The top of the zone will have Howard at 6'5+" and Malachi at 6'6" and should be pretty nasty. Can't wait!
With them both being only JRs, the possibility of them to keep grow is making me salivate. We may have the tallest backcourt in the history of college basketball once they get here!

On this interview here :

http://www.csnbaltimore.com/ncaa-maryland-terps/paul-vi-guard-franklin-howard-commits-syracuse-video

They say 6'6 at 17 so by the time he gets here, may be 6'7 or 6'8. Doesn't silent G have 2 years left? Imagine if our next guard jumps to the NBA and we have G at 6'7 and Frank at 6'7 at the top of the zone. That would have to be the most overall length we have had at the top. I know its not likely cause there are other guards like Cooney and incoming freshman the next couple years but just thinking that size is crazy

I love this recruit. A 4 star coming off an ACL tear, have to imagine he'd be ranked a lot higher had that not happened.

I think he has MCW written all over him, and he actually has a jumpshot.

This class is everything we've been lacking this year. Tall, long, athletic guards/forwards who can SHOOT.

Last night Franklin Howard (6-6 4* guard, 2015) announced he is coming to Syracuse. Never would have known looking at this board.

Anyway, Welcome Franklin!
MCW, Kris Joseph, Arinze Onuaku, Andy Rautins...just a number of names that come to mind that this board wasn't particularly thrilled about, for a variety of reasons. Andy was considered nepotism by some, and I remember reading the Providence board after MCW announced for us & they couldn't believe how nonchalant we were about getting maybe the best guard in the NE at that time.
It happens all the time & is really not that unusual.

I dont follow recruiting. Is this guy a top recruit? What're his strengths?
Well, he had 6 finalists--SU, NCSt, UMd, Gtown, Ohio St, UVa. (Also, he was reported to have an offer from Florida, among others.)

If you're known by the company you keep, he was in pretty good company.

I'll take a 4 star 6'6" guard any day and be excited. Welcome aboard Franklin. His class is going to be a good one.

His class is shaping up to be full of program guys. We needed a class like that to ensure we don't have bare cupboards in the next couple years.

His class is shaping up to be full of program guys. We needed a class like that to ensure we don't have bare cupboards in the next couple years.
Wasn't Tyler Ennis projected by many on this board to be a program guy?

I think last year's class looks the same. (I doubt the Ennis one-and-done was in anyone's mind--except his family's--last October.)

Idk what everyone is talking about, I saw some posts about this kid this week, including a couple posts yesterday to inform us about the announcement he was making being on TV.

Glad to see he picked SU. Hope this kid grows some more, and is able to get his legs fresh. ACL makes me a little nervous, but makes me wonder what his ranking would be had it not happened. Dude missed his entire Junior season.

Great 2015 class for the Cuse. Everyone is worried about next year. We'll see what happens. Players get better! Plus as I said on another thread yesterday, even if we don't get as many W's next season, the player development next year with another off season to improve combined with the 2015 recruiting class, we will have great potential. And who knows, maybe somebody surprises us next year and we end up doing okay!

Reminds me of CJ in his very composed style, similar ACL injury, seems like a nice kid and he talked about 4 years we can use that sort of commitment. Go CUSE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom