legit? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

legit?

Except we will be playing the teams we just "got away from". How do you think they'll organize a 16 team league?
North
Boston College
Connecticut
Pitt
Syracuse
Atlantic
Cincinnati
Louisville
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Carolina
Duke
North Carolina
NC State
Wake Forest
South
Clemson
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Miami

Sprinkle a little Notre Dame in there and yeah....I could live with that conference. Replace Cinci with a full member Notre dame, and we're straight.

But like I said, I've got serious doubts

Sprinkle a little Notre Dame in there and yeah....I could live with that conference. Replace Cinci with a full member Notre dame, and we're straight.

But like I said, I've got serious doubts
If this happens the ACC is losing more members maybe not FSU or Clemson, but N. Carolina/UVA or VPI/NC State that league would be stupid and honestly show how small-time Swofford truly is. You can't expand to 16 withput Notre Dame or you are the ACC is the Big East 2.0.

Except we will be playing the teams we just "got away from". How do you think they'll organize a 16 team league?
North
Boston College
Connecticut
Pitt
Syracuse
Atlantic
Cincinnati
Louisville
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Carolina
Duke
North Carolina
NC State
Wake Forest
South
Clemson
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Miami

This where you play each 3 in your div and 2 2 2 alternates with the other would require 9 ACC games. Play at the three other divisions every 4th year and home ever 4th year. Would make some very interesting scheduling challenges to maintain balance.

But all in all I would be very cool with this.

Thought for a minute you were talking about me until I read dinosaur.

You are fishing for likes from me tonight it seems, I must admit I have spent a few minutes of my life in awe of that gif.

To keep the post slightly on topic to the thread I heard from a "source" here that UC and Louisville would very much like to be a package.

That is, that Jurich at the Ville knows that UC would be an important thing to also add, if they are going to overlook UofL academics.

Oh and UConn,

real-ugly-face.jpg

Why does this picture get uglier every time I see it?

I notice another strange horror on her face at each occasion...

Hogwash. The only way Cincy ever gets an invite is if UNC is not around to vote them down. Which means UVA is not around either and then NC St/VT and then FSU/Clemson/GA Tech. So Cincy's only shot is if SU, BC, Pitt, Duke, Wake, and Miami vote them in. But at that point the real ACC would be dead. Who the hell wants to be with USF, UCF, Louisville, Cincy, Temple, and UConn? That has G5 written all over it.

Hogwash. The only way Cincy ever gets an invite is if UNC is not around to vote them down. Which means UVA is not around either and then NC St/VT and then FSU/Clemson/GA Tech. So Cincy's only shot is if SU, BC, Pitt, Duke, Wake, and Miami vote them in. But at that point the real ACC would be dead. Who the hell wants to be with USF, UCF, Louisville, Cincy, Temple, and UConn? That has G5 written all over it.

To me Cincy would be a decent replacement for NCS, about the same in many ways and it adds Ohio and rids the ACC of one more NC school.

What's wrong with adding Cinci and Louisville? I swear most of you guys are still living in 1985.

What's wrong with adding Cinci and Louisville? I swear most of you guys are still living in 1985.

There's nothing wrong, per se.

But expanding needs to be purposeful. You always need to be adding incremental media value to the conference. If the conference knows that adding those schools will accomplish that, then add away. If its expansion for the sake of expansion, to get to some bloated number to give the illusion of stability (a.k.a the Big East approach) then it's a bad idea.

To me Cincy would be a decent replacement for NCS, about the same in many ways and it adds Ohio and rids the ACC of one more NC school.

Only way Cincy gets in is if the ACC is blown up. If the ACC is blown up then it is a G5 conference. A G5 is a G5 is a G5. There is no point in pretending to be a legit FB conference at that point. It would be in SU's (and the rest of the ACC) best interest to have a 9 team FB conference and add GTown, St Johns, and Nova for a 12 team BBall. So it would look something like Duke, Louisville, UConn, SU, Cincy, Pitt, BC, Wake, Miami with the 3 BBall onlies as well. That is the best BBall conference in all the land. For FB you have to hope your champ is the highest ranked and makes the BCS Bowl. Not having a CCG would help that. There is no point in having more than 9 FB schools if you have crap. See the 16 team WAC or the 14 team attempted BE.

Only way Cincy gets in is if the ACC is blown up. If the ACC is blown up then it is a G5 conference. A G5 is a G5 is a G5. There is no point in pretending to be a legit FB conference at that point. It would be in SU's (and the rest of the ACC) best interest to have a 9 team FB conference and add GTown, St Johns, and Nova for a 12 team BBall. So it would look something like Duke, Louisville, UConn, SU, Cincy, Pitt, BC, Wake, Miami with the 3 BBall onlies as well. That is the best BBall conference in all the land. For FB you have to hope your champ is the highest ranked and makes the BCS Bowl. Not having a CCG would help that. There is no point in having more than 9 FB schools if you have crap. See the 16 team WAC or the 14 team attempted BE.

If NCS leaves imo the ACC will be better off but I understand where you're coming from. The key schools are NC, FSU, Clemson and to keep at least one of the Virginia schools. If VT and NCS leave for the SEC it'll hurt but again it may just be me but adding Louisville/Cincy and UConn would help ease that. The problem is perception not quality.

If the ACC is taking more than 1 team, it is NOT a good thing.

9 schools is a perfect conference. 12 schools is the next best thing.

Amen. Cincy isn't happening. Not unless the big boys in the ACC have already abandoned ship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom