LeMoyne College exploring move to D1 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LeMoyne College exploring move to D1

Monmouth is leaving the MAAC D1 conference, wonder if they sent out feelers to Lemoyne as a replacement. It was the MAAC that threw Lemoyne’s baseball team out of their conference 15 years ago,

Yeah the MAAC really did Le Moyne dirty back in the day, but if they did move to D1, I don't really see any other conference options for them. Maybe the Northeast Conference or America East? MAAC makes the most sense from a geographic and peer school sense, I think.

Mt. St. Mary’s is leaving the NEC to join the MAAC. This may create a spot for Lemoyne to get an invite to NEC. Lemoyne could also join them in the MAAC which is expected to announce expansion next week.

Mt. St. Mary’s is leaving the NEC to join the MAAC. This may create a spot for Lemoyne to get an invite to NEC. Lemoyne could also join them in the MAAC which is expected to announce expansion next week.

NEC is about to fold, they have lost just about everyone with a pulse at this point.

NEC is about to fold, they have lost just about everyone with a pulse at this point.

Stonehill just went D1 into NEC. I suspect it isn't going to fold yet. They had to write a big check to do that move. That must come with some insurance about said league folding immediately

Stonehill just went D1 into NEC. I suspect it isn't going to fold yet. They had to write a big check to do that move. That must come with some insurance about said league folding immediately
Now or never for LeMoyne. I figure there is a history and tradition of following basketball and with the right coach they could get to a Siena type profile.

Their president, Linda LeMura, was a very good basketball player for Bishop Grimes and a D1 scholarship player at Niagara. She knows and appreciates the value of a D1 college scholarship for one’s future.

I’ve heard that college is the time to explore and experiment. They should be open minded and give it a go.

Their president, Linda LeMura, was a very good basketball player for Bishop Grimes and a D1 scholarship player at Niagara. She knows and appreciates the value of a D1 college scholarship for one’s future.
I think she graduated from Grimes with my sister.

Ugh.

I think this is their best option. Staying in D2 is pretty much not feasible and moving down to D3 would dry up fundraising really quickly. The costs incurred by moving up to D1 aren't what they used to be 10 or even 5 years ago.

I think this is their best option. Staying in D2 is pretty much not feasible and moving down to D3 would dry up fundraising really quickly. The costs incurred by moving up to D1 aren't what they used to be 10 or even 5 years ago.
I know why they're doing it, and I understand it. I just don't know where the money is going to come from to do this the right way.

I have fears of this going NJIT instead of Merrimack.

It's spelled Le Moyne.
Johnny Depp Whatever GIF