LeMoyne College exploring move to D1 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

LeMoyne College exploring move to D1

AEXG51k-7nun3aV92P6ASREKcIsdoGgDRX8ftAW859dOkNfyuC3GpbQpqB8Acvjh4vbBAMtKyT2XSkj0oOCQ4Wh4zTxhuc0VakrG0h8FSddirC8SCwue30RDW8gYQTmqdUUS_hTIzjXhl8gq9FuW2A7wdztiJN-R8PWx0MCrpkOETtX3_YR8Vf4gsCPPk-S_CBjg5aI5wTQ521tM-T9CQ5TLjx0Wd8d8QJlsFnppc-y5RAAGYEdBarcnhI-YYTfam3YvUsozqdKjDFg2zYQgf4c0kQRElmW9z1nzAKEjE7kSSif0SpQ0iwpq7UAO8S-9Z8wJ5G0_73QOD7fOVz4x8Dbv3BdhdONsXmxdwEcQEMXdiWzZ7o0fAH5RjPq9Ve61xUE_TxpoITXXihuR8uDuNni677W8eh6LhM1bA7MsFOA_l2t06Axp6Ty1q6loDeLpNzHWxaCn0hzDFTWZ9kCBQlQGvWwPZq6M2_54kjVzAUmb6s0EphiW9e0zUkHZptR7KK0zyOKncLiO9nv4yovjxTA9bsvGqHdmjsqg-_bNC8XOB1MeNn88Qe34fnLbR78-d140EXomUJVCSW1DckbXKCii3jHW6mrvmmkbCYswR4UjnTXyUE1VdbqExuO3TyngdhWk9-5CLIU-QppoFT5wc__MCt7t1G6cn_kPXUjufikqVaMvK3aplyBH2vz8ikRWpAIsxkUqSn__1auFdTegfwytX_Hk-P5kQpkK5jH8zWfV9KzjA3EldOTuDW6alepngwjEs3DP3oBnyFETCexkTBwLb-cLE4769fkzpwTZMNNlO055GRIfhjCIhW-V3VuuBeyBDmrLHhta76PYcZXqB6Z_8yYL1XYPZ1PxvDzcbWcA8ZSkAk9TMKuDe9AngsqgotXwXbPIGM7mIP2W6_dCAdHRpATtGwb0FCbTprlLcpxC5peyKOgs6SzTV7cI5O7rLLCJ7oVK8QAv13BaJoyHki-EgCj91CWPuxuPqkg--aw0r4pph8m_12n15GUs9JBRYvDEe85KQZIPYoXPtGA4y5Qr_pR8jikbOC-FHfS_auO30_Au_fbGB92oQS6Og-fgdknQSQztvM5uIhSLT4b8leC75SFY1UH1ti1o41QWO1Z066Jr77FhKepA3UCJAvlep9k=s0-l75-ft

If you're a scholarship athlete, do you transfer to another school? Your regular season, especially if you win your conference, isn't honored and you can't play for a national title.
It's weird. Especially for their LAX program. I believe they are #1 seed in the D2 championships this year.

It's weird. Especially for their LAX program. I believe they are #1 seed in the D2 championships this year.
Right. They're not chopped liver. They're a powerhouse at that level. You'd have to think that some schools are hovering around that program like a vulture once the season ends to gauge who's staying and who's going. Four years is an entire college career in which you can't compete for a natty.

If you need a February road game in a climate controlled dome, I might know a guy you can call.
Some local company should sponsor a mini tournament to kick off the regular season each year featuring Syracuse, LeMoyne and a couple of other schools.

Call it the Mayor's Trophy sponsored by Company X.

Maybe bring in other schools from upstate to fill out the tournament, like Colgate, Cornell, Hobart and Albany.

Thinking it could draw big crowds and help out upstate schools looking to play games close to their campuses early in the season.

Is something like this even feasible?

Kids want to play in the Tourney or at least have a shot at it... going to be tough selling kids on no chance for 4 years.. Imagine you're an incoming frosh recruit. Would they have mentioned that ???

Some local company should sponsor a mini tournament to kick off the regular season each year featuring Syracuse, LeMoyne and a couple of other schools.

Maybe bring in other schools from upstate to fill out the tournament, like Colgate, Cornell, Hobart and Albany.

Thinking it could draw big crowds and help out upstate schools looking to play games close to their campuses early in the season.

I can see a Triple Header in the future...

SU Women at Noon

SU Men at 4 PM

LeMoyne Men at 8 PM.

Very cool news, but I don't understand the rationale behind why they have to sit out the NCAA tourney and conference tourney. That seems arbitrary and pointless.
Weakens the new entrant for a sustained period? Existing members stand to benefit.

Would crush our NET.

Right. They're not chopped liver. They're a powerhouse at that level. You'd have to think that some schools are hovering around that program like a vulture once the season ends to gauge who's staying and who's going. Four years is an entire college career in which you can't compete for a natty.

If you're talking other D2 programs, then I could get it. But Le Moyne lax has had a roster ripe for picking by D1 programs for 15+ years now and there hasn't been much attrition. Maybe the prospect of not being able to compete for titles pushes some out, but I think there will be just as many that will be excited to play a schedule against the likes of possibly Syracuse, Colgate, Albany, Cornell, Army, etc. and get the honor of saying they are a Division I athlete (especially for the guys that weren't recruited as D1 athletes).

Does this mean it won't be such a big deal when we lose an exhibition game to them?

Damn, Adam Weitsman is not messing around!

NIL money is about to be pouring in from Diamante's (anyone that gets this reference I will know was at Le Moyne in the same time period as me).