LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

So he filed an action, didn’t bother to show to the hearing yet they stabile geniuses on the judiciary board decide to destroy the kid who is cooperating with the “process”

What a joke.
There is a difference between not bothering to show up to a hearing and not being aware/told of a hearing. This is one of the flaws with the hearing process as apparently the onus was on LeQuint to contact everyone to appear for/at the hearing. It should never be his job to contact the other student. The OCS should handle that formally. LeQuint and other student should provide the names and contacts for their respective witnesses.

At this point we won't hear more or anything substantial in this until the 19th, and even then I don't foresee is getting any good news.

I've resigned myself to the fact that our future star RB will never play here, and that it will impact the season, and it will impact recruiting, and it will impact whether or not certain staff members stick around, which will effect future recruiting and stability.

We are primed with the investments and renovations, with some stability and success, to take the next step up in consistency in recruiting - to get those top 35 classes and occasional top 30 classes needed for depth and talent.

To get more and more kids into the league. To keep improving recruiting, and thus, better and more successful seasons.

But the university leaders in general are so ucking short sighted and weak that they are going to throw away potentially tens of millions of dollars in windfall cash from an improved football program - increased attendance, booster engagement, program valuation, advertising revenue, merchandise, interest from future potential students - over one punch on a snowy December in 2022.

Because that's what this school has done since 1994. They have undervalued under appreciated the AD and in particular football, which drove significant revenue, and kept other non AD programs a float. When they pilfered the AD to pay for non AD expenses back in the 90s, instead of reinvestment in their cash cow.

It's been over multiple admins and an issue by many out of touch career administrators that doesn't change. It's cultural on The Hill. The culture is not promoting a strong AD to co-exist with a strong academic and research university. The culture has been stuck in an old school mentality of "nerds" and "jocks" - it's insanity.

LeQuint Allen is just another example of this. This is such an unforced black eye and error by the school. 85% of other schools and probably close to 95% of any P5 would have never let this get to this point.

SU won't respond of course because of ongoing litigation and are so GD by the book and they have a horrific PR team that is advised by overpaid lawyers that they can miss the obvious call.

So long story short, nothing will happen, nothing will change, and I expect Allen will transfer shortly after things go sideways in late July, and have a wonderful career elsewhere - probably Rutgers.
I believe that the court case will change the course of this. Institutions are terrified of the courts. I can see a settlement once a judge gets involved. In any case, we have all the time in the world to be pessimistic if that doesn't happen. No need to worry about it until the 19th.

There is one tiny thing missing here - international students fund the charade which is higher education, especially things like business schools... They don't get loans, no scholarships - just pay their way in cash, right to the uni, and often (or sometimes?) live on campus out of fear of not knowing what to do in our society (leases, landlords, transportation, etc.). That last part is debatable, with those owning/renting big houses and driving fancy cars.

And now that - with crime and covid - has collapsed.
Absolutely right. International students are the golden goose.

Its reached a point where its not even funny anymore how irresponsibly inept this University is with stuff like this. Ruining this kids career and ability to collect NIL money is criminal and disgusting over arguably a self defense situation regardless of how these jokes on the hill interpret his motivation for being there in the first place. Are they trying to make an example of him? To who? Hope their Fourth of July sucks.

There is a difference between not bothering to show up to a hearing and not being aware/told of a hearing. This is one of the flaws with the hearing process as apparently the onus was on LeQuint to contact everyone to appear for/at the hearing. It should never be his job to contact the other student. The OCS should handle that formally. LeQuint and other student should provide the names and contacts for their respective witnesses.
Add to that it is apparent that the other party is no longer a student.

I’m bothered by how very little we can do to make a change to, or have our voices heard against the unjustness of, what seems to be a poor system of self governance.
Comes down to donors and what they choose to stand for. The University does not think twice about local fans.

Edit: Academic donors, not AD.

Last edited:
Comes down to donors and what they choose to stand for. The University does not think twice about local fans.
Again, Athletics donors pulling support does NOTHING to show displeasure to the entities involved here. That only hurts the players, coaches and administrators that are supporting Allen at every turn.

Frankly some of the individuals and groups that imposed this decision would applaud efforts that would hurt or downgrade athletics.

I’m bothered by how very little we can do to make a change to, or have our voices heard against the unjustness of, what seems to be a poor system of self governance.
But there is something we can do. Don't watch any of the games, don't send your kids there and don't support the university. The only sporting events that I even bother to watch are SU basketball and football. Seems weird to not care about NFL, NBA, etc but you would be surprised how easy it is to not watch that anymore. I just found other things to do.

I mean….I really have a hard time believing this is even real.

You’re supposed to contact the guy you got in a fight with? Why? Basically the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

Again, Athletics donors pulling support does NOTHING to show displeasure to the entities involved here. That only hurts the players, coaches and administrators that are supporting Allen at every turn.

Frankly some of the individuals and groups that imposed this decision would applaud efforts that would hurt or downgrade athletics.
Speaking towards general and school donors not AD. Should’ve specified.

Judicial Affairs typically emails and sends letters to all parties. So, the other guy would have known about the hearing. It’s typically not the responsibility of the student, unless it’s to inform witnesses on his behalf.

I would also suggest that you will get more of an education in the military than any university.
That's an oversimplification. I know a lot of guys that went in the military. Some enlisted for 4 years and got out. Some enlisted and made it a career. Some went ROTC and have made it a career. It was great for some. For others it did nothing for them but serve as a stop gap. Some came out more messed up than when they went it. It really depends on so many factors, I don't think you can conclude it's for everyone.

Last edited:
What would happen if the entire team staged a walkout in support and refused to play until an appropriate punishment was given.
Or if the offense lined up at the first game with only 10 players. No running back.

Nothing good. The school would not back down for blackmail. If they did, football and basketball teams would do that any time they wanted something.
The greedy school doesn’t want to give up the massive money they would lose from the conference and from tickets and concessions either. They can’t call in replacement players like the NFL did back in 1987.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom