LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

Who's to say SU would accept the credits from another school? Would fit the pattern for this gang that can't shoot straight.
They’re pretty liberal with this.
I graduated a year early because SU took credits from another college and AP. … which my prior school did not…
Unless it’s an unaccredited dump, I’m guessing “yes they will”.

In life be it personal or business walking back a mistake isn't hard once your commit yourself to doing the right thing vs covering your arse. Obviously, it needs to be done intelligently, especially in today's litigious world. Bottom line, this shouldn't be that difficult a situation for the University to navigate. Let's hope the leadership group leads.

In life be it personal or business walking back a mistake isn't hard once your commit yourself to doing the right thing vs covering your arse. Obviously, it needs to be done intelligently, especially in today's litigious world. Bottom line, this shouldn't be that difficult a situation for the University to navigate. Let's hope the leadership group leads.
This

I've lost confidence in Syverud, and doubt his willingness to do the right thing in this situation.

Spring Semester, no football.
Summer Semester, no S & C.

We'll let you back in school for the Fall, but you'll be ineligible to play football.

That's like a three semester suspension.

Why would he agree to that?
To be fair, the committee isn't looking at it from a football standpoint and I don't know that they should. However, if we're talking fairness, a person should be allowed to defend himself, and the actions of the other student should not be ignored and go unpunished. Really though, I'm not exactly sure what the committee's definition of fair is or if that is at all their intent.

There is a difference between not bothering to show up to a hearing and not being aware/told of a hearing. This is one of the flaws with the hearing process as apparently the onus was on LeQuint to contact everyone to appear for/at the hearing. It should never be his job to contact the other student. The OCS should handle that formally. LeQuint and other student should provide the names and contacts for their respective witnesses.
It’s even more of a joke the University hasn’t figured out how to hold a proper hearing when a student’s scholarship is on the line. They’ve been doing this for how many decades ?

I almost don’t believe they actually expect LeQuint to invite the kid he traded punches with. How can it possibly be the University run judiciary board doesn’t contact the student who filed the complaint when the FREAKING HEARING IS.

So this student who allegedly punched first, was in multiple fights AND lied on the police report gets zero punishment because no one told him about the hearing???

I’m embarrassed at the incompetence.

The more I think about it the angrier I get.

The fact that it was up to Allen to contact the other student is enough for me alone to toss this ruling out on its ass and force the University to change that asinine rule. I mean, really?
That is so bizarre that I can’t even classify it as bizarre. I mean I’m floored that someone of authority would even think that’s logical. Imagine if this is how they handled sexual assaults?

That is so bizarre that I can’t even classify it as bizarre. I mean I’m floored that someone of authority would even think that’s logical. Imagine if this is how they handled sexual assaults?
Since I hit you while you sexually assaulted me, I would like to take this opportunity to cordially invite you to the hearing regarding my probable suspension.

It’s even more of a joke the University hasn’t figured out how to hold a proper hearing when a student’s scholarship is on the line. They’ve been doing this for how many decades ?

I almost don’t believe they actually expect LeQuint to invite the kid he traded punches with. How can it possibly be the University run judiciary board doesn’t contact the student who filed the complaint when the FREAKING HEARING IS.

So this student who allegedly punched first, was in multiple fights AND lied on the police report gets zero punishment because no one told him about the hearing???

I’m embarrassed at the incompetence.

The more I think about it the angrier I get.
Sounds like he got no punishment because he was no longer a student when he raised the complaint in February. Apparently finished his studies in the fall semester. I am assuming grad school since he was 23. Even more bizarre and evidence that his entire motivation was vindictive.

Sounds like he got no punishment because he was no longer a student when he raised the complaint in February. Apparently finished his studies in the fall semester. I am assuming grad school since he was 23. Even more bizarre and evidence that his entire motivation was vindictive.
Surely some intrepid reporter can identify this person and attempt to interview him.

Just parenthetically I was in Maggie’s with friends when a massive brawl broke out among the football players. It was somewhere between 1983 and 1986. We felt like we were in one of those old Colt 45 commercials because this incredible fight was all around us and we didn’t even spill our drinks. It flashed over from the bar onto Marshall Street. When Syracuse PD got there they just waited for it to lose steam. One bouncer was obliterated so it wasn’t all “in the family”. No newspapers, no reporting, no discipline.

Surely some intrepid reporter can identify this person and attempt to interview him.

It’s also insane because while I know the student code of conduct applies to them at all times….

This fight wasn’t even on campus….with a grad student…who was no longer a student…who didn’t show up to the hearing…

This whole situation is actually bizzarro

Just parenthetically I was in Maggie’s with friends when a massive brawl broke out among the football players. It was somewhere between 1983 and 1986. We felt like we were in one of those old Colt 45 commercials because this incredible fight was all around us and we didn’t even spill our drinks. It flashed over from the bar onto Marshall Street. When Syracuse PD got there they just waited for it to lose steam. One bouncer was obliterated so it wasn’t all “in the family”. No newspapers, no reporting, no discipline.
The good ol’ days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom