Les Miles thread... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Les Miles thread...

Cuseregular said:
they think he doesnt live and die enough with football, and resent he has a balanced approach to life with football just a part of it. I'm convinced that his unique approach is unique only in the south in so far as he doesn't treat football like life and death the way all too many do in the south. God bless him. Love to have him.

Exactly. Was just down there and this is exactly what it is. Football obviously not a big deal in NE relative to South...but the dislike for Les is on HCSS levels right now.

44cuse

someone mentioned the rematch of the century in 2011. since then it has been beat bama or else. and we were pretty much 50/50 with bama till then. after that, not so much. it is in everyone's heads. we don't beat bama and it's like everyone thinks the year is over, and it all goes south. that is the only game that counts to many. yes we used to hate bama (i mean, who doesn't) but it has taken on life of its own. and our o-line, which has gotten a bit thin, belonged on a milk carton that game because they just disappeared. fournette couldn't run, and harris never really had time to throw. had he tried more long throws he would have gotten killed. at one point it did look like he might be injured (knee) but he walked it off. the team did not come back from that and last week was the worst. i had a family emergency and missed only the third home game since something like 07 last week. from what i saw on tv, maybe just as well. yes, it was clm's job to have them ready mentally and physically, and like it always is with arky, even before 2011, no one seemed ready for the game.

i thought if les wins out, he would be safe and given another year because this is a young team and starting the season NO ONE thought we would win out. i don't know of any predictions that were not 10-2 or 9-3. yet now that is not good enough because of who we lost to and how bad. i am hearing that a vocal minority of big money donors want him gone no matter what. if that is true, i hope our AD has the balls (which who knows, he he a pure money suck up, can't stand him) to let coach miles retire to be with family. and i hope the man stays retired and enjoys what he has always placed the most value in. family.

then i hope alleva hires another curly hallman. i personally dont believe every top college and nfl coach is waiting by the phone to be offered the lsu gig, like some seem to think.

(on a personal note, living in oklahoma, my life is gonna be a living hell from osu and ou fans who still dislike him and will cheer. osu fans because he dared to leave them, and ou fans who hate him because he beat ou/stoops a couple of times.)

on a note about syracuse, i really hope y'all can turn it around next year. i really enjoyed the pre-game discussion here, and on our board. and those that made the trip had nothing but good things to say about syracuse. y'all are one the teams i will be cheering for from now on. you seem like good people.

as far as the record, well, i am married to a tulane fan and alum who bleeds green. i have watched them and they have had the same kind of year. this topic obviously caught my eye. i have been quiet since the lsu game but have popped in from time to time, and have kept up with syracuse. i am hoping for better days ahead for both.

Gotta at least call.

At a min Eddie O would be available for the DC/RC/AHC job.

Gotta at least call.

At a min Eddie O would be available for the DC/RC/AHC job.
He is making $895k as a D-Line coach, no way we can afford him as a DC.

Miles is done at LSU.

They've gone in the tank.
I agree and I like miles. He's a good man. But 7-0 and agaisst some good teams, then to 7-3. I think this is his last season, and I hate to see him go this way. But I bleed purple and gold no nstter who is on the sidelines

Here's some stats which might explain why LSU fans (and maybe the powers that be) are freaking out:

According to the media, LSU just lost 3 games in a row for the first time since 1999. The coach that did that got fired and Nick Saban was his replacement.

LSU just lost 3 games in a row by double digits. Last time that happened...1966.

LSUBahrain said:
Here's some stats which might explain why LSU fans (and maybe the powers that be) are freaking out: According to the media, LSU just lost 3 games in a row for the first time since 1999. The coach that did that got fired and Nick Saban was his replacement. LSU just lost 3 games in a row by double digits. Last time that happened...1966.

The guy has won two titles, right?

People are insane. Completely insane.

The guy has won two titles, right?

People are insane. Completely insane.

I'd hire that guy in a second.

I get the whole can't pay him, 8000 other better jobs in front, blah, blah, blah.

But he got the whole history of this place when he was here this year and maybe he'd like a job where you need to win two games, one on the road, to get into the mix instead of beating your head against the wall in the SEC.

And with a $20M buyout, you don't need to pay him that much upfront initially.

Reactions: CIL
Joe Schad reporting that Les Miles gone by end of day

Queue the [edit] Orgeron to SU rumors.

i'm insane. he'd fail here. he is the world's luckiest coach who is a terrible fit. he's a great fit at a factory

I was talking to the LSU guy who seems to want him gone.

I was talking to the LSU guy who seems to want him gone.
sorry - i got mixed up between you and CIL

i don't blame LSU fans for getting fed up with their offense though. LSU is awesome, they are entitled to be very fussy

just think of the connections he has down there. Recruiting would be great for Cuse if Les miles came to coach that is.

I understand that fan bases can have unrealistic expectations, but LSU is nuts.