Let me tell you about Brooklyn today ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Let me tell you about Brooklyn today ...

And FYI - here is my official pick as best comeback. OSU in 2003 was more important, obviously - but this was more improbable. And I watched this 1 with my 2.5 year old son who was going bananas with me. had chills the entire final 10 minutes. still get the chills watching the highlights today, will have chills the day I die thinking about it.

I am having trouble finding this game... I recall it being early 2000's - am i thinking of a different comeback than rutgers? did our comeback fall short?

Are you referring to this comeback, 2005 at the RAC? Down 18 at halftime, made a furious comeback to start the second half, and then battled all the way to the end, when TRob made a 3-point play and Quincy Douby missed a 3 at the buzzer.

Syracuse vs. Rutgers - Game Recap - January 24, 2005 - ESPN

Are you referring to this comeback, 2005 at the RAC? Down 18 at halftime, made a furious comeback to start the second half, and then battled all the way to the end, when TRob made a 3-point play and Quincy Douby missed a 3 at the buzzer.

maybe? But I went to SU in from fall 03-spring 07. Why would I have home in Atl where my brother was? It coulnt have been... what i am think about was sat or sun day game for sure.

maybe? But I went to SU in from fall 03-spring 07. Why would I have home in Atl where my brother was? It coulnt have been... what i am think about was sat or sun day game for sure.
Didn't stop Elvir Ovcina.

That was a great one. We also had a great one against ND at home that season, in a game where we broke the attendance record. 2001 at NC State and 1989 Georgetown stand out as great comebacks too.

That 2006-07 Wichita St. game would've been right up there if Nichols had made the layup and we had pulled it off.

But Virginia is locked in at number 1 given all the circumstances.

That was a great one. We also had a great one against ND at home that season, in a game where we broke the attendance record. 2001 at NC State and 1989 Georgetown stand out as great comebacks too.

That 2006-07 Wichita St. game would've been right up there if Nichols had made the layup and we had pulled it off.

But Virginia is locked in at number 1 given all the circumstances.

This guy almost single handidly brought us back from the dead vs WSU. He had the entire team rattled. at 1 point late in the 2nd half, he had 2 huge towels going at the same time.

14200958-standard.jpg

1) It was definitely "Syracuse Nation" at the TBT regional final in the tiny gym at LIU. The crowd was at least 80 per cent orange -- and loud.

One of the things that struck my daughter the most: compared to all the other schools the she visited, she said that she felt SU students had, by far, the most school spirit (although that may not manifest itself in terms of attendance - a conundrum that I don't understand)

I think that those of us who have gone there love our sports teams, and especially our hoops team, but we also love our alma-mater.

I know that other schools love their sports teams but do they love their school?

I know Domers do. They absolutely revere Notre Dame.

Other schools?

One of the things that struck my daughter the most: compared to all the other schools the she visited, she said that she felt SU students had, by far, the most school spirit (although that may not manifest itself in terms of attendance - a conundrum that I don't understand)

I think that those of us who have gone there love our sports teams, and especially our hoops team, but we also love our alma-mater.

I know that other schools love their sports teams but do they love their school?

I know Domers do. They absolutely revere Notre Dame.

Other schools?
I guess you haven't lived near many Ohio State folks. Oops! I'm sorry. THE Ohio State. :vomit:

And FYI - here is my official pick as best comeback. OSU in 2003 was more important, obviously - but this was more improbable. And I watched this 1 with my 2.5 year old son who was going bananas with me. had chills the entire final 10 minutes. still get the chills watching the highlights today, will have chills the day I die thinking about it.
This is the one highlight vid that always gets me:
"Syracuse Beats Virginia. Everyone Goes Nuts."
"Syracuse Beats Virginia. Everyone Goes Nuts."

There was a guy in front of me courtside who was woofing at our guys the entire game, but as we started coming back he got quieter and quieter. He ended up in the scrum once the game ended so I'd assume he had something to do with it.

Their entire team was talking a lot of trash so you gotta back it up or it's gonna get shoved back in your face, especially by Eric.
Ahh...thought that was you...a good shot of you at the end of the game in the stands.

My wife thinks I'm crazy...when I say...oh there is Joyce, Neil Gold, Barb, Bnoro, etc...during the telecasts.

Man, I need to make a point to watch this at least once a month. And I'm in it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom