Let the speculation begin | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Let the speculation begin

JB isn’t getting fired. The AD would tell him to retire. JB deserves that respect. Wording matters.
I agree—this is what I’ve been saying. But, what happens if JB is intent on carrying on for another five years/not putting a firm end date on this? Heck, what do you do if JB’s idea is just one year past your own as AD? How ruthless can you get while still being respectful? I don’t envy Wildhack, but it has to be JW’s edict, not a capitulation. We’re already experiencing the Family Gift.

Last edited:
I agree—this is what I’ve been saying. But, what happens if JB is intent on carrying on for another five years/not putting a firm end date on this? Heck, what do you do if JB’s idea is just one year past your own as AD? How ruthless can you get while still being respectful? I don’t envy Wildhack, but it has to be JW’s edict, not a capitulation. We’re already experiencing the Family Gift.
You dont extend his contract.

It’s what Iowa did to Dr. Tom Davis in 1999.

My predictions for presser:
* Jimmy got fouled
* throws some shade at Joe
* Says people said Jimmy was playing too much, well I sat him and see what happened.
Bingo pick: Gets mad at question about Benny

I'll give me self .500 but a generous judge might give me the bonus. Got 1 and 2 but he went with "the small lineup was working well" for point 3. There was one question that mentioned Benny and JB briefly had a look on his face like someone ripped one in the press conference and he just got a good whiff of it.

You dont extend his contract.

It’s what Iowa did to Dr. Tom Davis in 1999.
Is he on a year to year?
If JAB wants to keep coaching, doesn’t announce retirement, and JW has to announce he’s not renewing the contract… isn’t that a semantic hair away from firing him?

Is he on a year to year?
If JAB wants to keep coaching, doesn’t announce retirement, and JW has to announce he’s not renewing the contract… isn’t that a semantic hair away from firing him?
You don’t have to renew his contract.

Plain and simple. If he won’t be graceful and exit then you let his contract expire.

I’d kill for either a Wegmans or Publix in Dallas. Best we can hope for is the arrival of HEB.

Folks that live in areas with both Wegmans and Publix don’t realize how good they have it. You’ve hit the supermarket lottery.
Publix is a fine chain. But it's no Wegman's. Although the pandemic hit Wegman's hard by forcing the end of the food bars.

In all seriousness, JB is the greatest thing that ever happened to SU. For almost 50 years he has made us a powerhouse in basketball and a name at everyone's dinner table. The quality of everything at SU has gotten better because of this. BUT. All good things need to come to an end at the right time. There comes a time when it is time to go off into the sunset, and enjoy being a spectator, and being proud of all that you have accomplished. Some people (I refer to Brett Favre, for ex) don't know when their best time has come, and that it is time to hand over the basketball to one of many of those who you have taught and trained to be ready for this. I love SU, and I love SU basketball (and also football). I will always love JB and what he brought to SU. And with that, I want to know who is going to let him know that it is time for the next person to take his legacy and keep it going. We need to let all recruits know who will be coaching them for their entire college career.
Beautifully put, Linda! A measured response to a very difficult day and season.

Soo I did hear something pretty interesting this week..FWIW
The AD office is getting flooded with comments, emails, phone calls etc. Now, this is normal to happen every year and when we would hit a losing streak in a year, it would increase but apparently this year, it’s on a 1000x level right now. As much as JW has an assistant and a filter on his email, it’s coming through apparently….
Take it how you want it
I have never heard so many angry people‘s comments as we left the Dome. People were STILL talking about the game three blocks away from it.

I did not want to see our HOF coach go out like this. AT ALL. :(

Great. Whatever. Splitting hairs. As long as the objective of him stepping away gets accomplished, I don't care what rhetoric it's couched under.

Chang is long overdue
As much as you want to see it happen, Chang isn’t leaving the People’s Republic. They’ll counteroffer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom