Lets give some credit to UNC. | Syracusefan.com

Lets give some credit to UNC.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I've never been a Hubert Davis fan but that the best I have seen a college team execute a gameplan. Offensively they run a pro style with a lot of picks and cuts and finding the open corner three. And at least two guys were crashing the Offensive board.

Defensively, they did a great job trapping and bumping our guys off their sets. We had very few open shots. Basically every trip down the court was a battle. We hated him for pressing while up 25 points but he was making a point with his team.

Now a lot of our guys didn't come to play today, and that's on our coaches. Hopefully it makes our program work harder to be at that level. Good news is our two hardest road games are over. Hopefully our guys are ready at Pitt.

I've never been a Hubert Davis fan but that the best I have seen a college team execute a gameplan. Offensively they run a pro style with a lot of picks and cuts and finding the open corner three. And at least two guys were crashing the Offensive board.

Defensively, they did a great job trapping and bumping our guys off their sets. We had very few open shots. Basically every trip down the court was a battle. We hated him for pressing while up 25 points but he was making a point with his team.

Now a lot of our guys didn't come to play today, and that's on our coaches. Hopefully it makes our program work harder to be at that level. Good news is our two hardest road games are over. Hopefully our guys are ready at Pitt.
Lol if the last 4 blow outs didn’t make this program “work harder” then I don’t see why this one would. Red is lost.

Lol if the last 4 blow outs didn’t make this program “work harder” then I don’t see why this one would. Red is lost.
Some of that "working harder" has to do with recruiting high school kids and the portal. Pretty difficult to make in season adjustments with the existing talent on the team.

It is easy to win the rebounding match-up 53-30 when you have 3 or 4 guys going for the ball and your opponent has zero.

It is easy to win the rebounding match-up 53-30 when you have 3 or 4 guys going for the ball and your opponent has zero.
We got crushed on our end 33-5 in their favor and they almost had as many offensive rebounds as we did defensive, 18-20.

I wish we played like UNC does. It would fill the Dome. Get the ball and go - and keep going!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom