"Liberalism has Destroyed the once great ACC" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Liberalism has Destroyed the once great ACC"

I think it's interesting that teams that were in the Big East last year could win the ACC, AAC, and Big East, probably three of the seven or so highest-ranked conferences in the country.

JOC44 said:
I think it's interesting that teams that were in the Big East last year could win the ACC, AAC, and Big East, probably three of the seven or so highest-ranked conferences in the country.

I was reading the Virginia basketball forum and some there are mad that Cuse may win the regular season and take away what they feel should rightfully be theirs.

I think he means that the ACC has given a liberal interpretation of what it means to be a southern conference by deciding that we're ok because we're south of Canada.
It seems they're confused about where the Atlantic coast ends. It doesn't end at the Virginia/Maryland border, it extends up. Based on the name of the conference, Syracuse belongs every bit as much as Virginia Tech does.

Not a lot of love for Sherman down here but his choices of cities to burn in SC cannot be faulted. He burned Columbia
but spared Charleston..
He did a nice job using the zone to pressure Gen. Johnston and establishing a run and gun offense from Chattanooga to Atlanta.
Should be in the HOF.

Reagan_Bush_medium.jpg

you were not even born yet

A sports journalist in Raleigh wrote a good story about the Duke-Cuse game. He is looking forward to many more top notch games in the future and awaits the arrival of Louisville as another top team in the conference. The story is at:
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/the-spectacle-at-syracuse/13361597/

However, reading the comments I couldn't believe that someone actually posted the following:

"This the end of the greatest league...Acc is gone..Syracuse has no biz in the ACC...Liberalism has destroyed the once great ACC"

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/ugc/page/3530905/?id=13361597

The comments are in the second link. I tried hard to come up with a good comment... all I can do is shake my head in total disbelief. So many things are wrong with that comment...

Sounds like he would fit in on the off topic board.