Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group A = those at risk
Group B = those not at risk

How do you keep the two groups from crossing paths?
Shelter those at risk...if that means they stay indoors...that is an individual decision.

Many at highest risk are retired or on disability...the rest work from home or draw aid to survive financially.

Maybe this has been discussed (I am late to this thread) but let’s take the following hypothetical scenario: DeVito plays two games and then gets a bad case of Covid. He is sick for two weeks and is never able to regain his strength before the end of the season. (Many people report it takes them a long time to regain their strength of contracting Covid.) We hope that DeVito will be one of our better players and any quarterback is crucial.

All teams are running the risk that they won’t be healthy and their seasons could be torpedoed. Man, I don’t want to see that for our team, or any team, really. It’s a very frustrating, sad situation.

I'm issued N95 and P100(oil proof). 95% and 99.7%. When not attached to droplets, the virus is .13 mm, the masks filter to .3 mm. Good for particles attached to moisture but nothing is 100%. Dont kid yourself that you are fully protected. All different levels, of better than nothing. The more folks wearing, the better.
Not saying it’s 100% effective. I saw study that your 6x less likely to get infected if your near someone who is carrying and your both wearing masks. That’s legit. Other studies saying the virus would be well contained if we had 80% mask usage when in close contact.

Shelter those at risk...if that means they stay indoors...that is an individual decision.

Many at highest risk are retired or on disability...the rest work from home or draw aid to survive financially.

So in your mind we just keep people 65 and older in a self quarantine for the next year. Sorry just can’t agree with this. The other part of that is that people that are putting themselves at risk should then not interact with those at risk (parents , grandparents) That just isn’t going to happen IMO. You know me and you know how big SU football is to my Autumn, I hate the thought of no fans or no games.

Last edited:
Group A = those at risk

A / B = good
A][B = better
A)(B = best because the parentheses redirect the flow back.
All three are further improved by +.
Sadly, I suspect too many people will think A:B is sufficient, when it obviously isn't.

So in your mind we just keep people 65 and older in a self quarantine for the next year. Sorry just can’t agree with this. The other part of that is that people that are putting themselves at risk should then not interact with those at risk (parents , grandparents) That just isn’t going to happen IMO. You know me and you know how big SU football is to my Autumn, I hate the thought of no fans or no games.
We all obviously should support mitigation efforts. I wouldn't say 65 is some magical cut-off. There are plenty of folks in their 70s and early 80s that are very healthy and free of comorbidity. Death rates don't get real high (relative to the median of the disease) until you get into the 80's.

How is that anymore unfair than sheltering most of the healthy population and ruining businesses?

We need to start living again. The death rates have come way down. I'm sorry more people are going to die from Covid-19 but our country is better prepared to fight it now than February.

Last edited:

So, healthy 25 year-olds should avoid 55 year-old parent who has asthma or diabetes and 75 year-old grandparents.

I saw a pod of 10 SU players out at Green Lakes this weekend, including QB1. All wearing masks in the hot and humid heat while doing the loop around the lake(s).
Great running trails as I remember from my younger days. Great memories there too...

So, healthy 25 year-olds should avoid 55 year-old parent who has asthma or diabetes and 75 year-old grandparents.
I mean maybe. How about just be cautious. My kids wear masks at all times around my mom, and she hasn't hugged them in months. It's driving her insane. But I'm not going to lock them in a cage just because they will come into contact her. She actually said it. "Why should they have their lives ruined because I am more at risk?" Just be smart, or else continue to hide in your house.

What are you doing now? Are they still alive? DO THE SAME! and hope for the best!

Every 25 year old who goes out to eat, drink, workout, protest, date, etc...takes risks.

Everyone has to make their own risk analysis.

What are you doing now? Are they still alive? DO THE SAME! and hope for the best!

Every 25 year old who goes out to eat, drink, workout, protest, date, etc...takes risks.

Everyone has to make their own risk analysis.
If you are that healthy 25 year-old, and you wish to maintain contact with your at-risk family, you need to act responsibly. The anecdotal evidence (photos of beaches, bars, and political rallies) showing little use of masks and physical distancing, does not bode well.

My decision about acceptance of personal risk needs to be informed by a concern for increasing the risks of those I come in contact with.

One thing above you hit on the nose--"hope for the best". Unfortunately, that seems to be the plan of the federal government, and the various North American sports leagues.

If you are that healthy 25 year-old, and you wish to maintain contact with your at-risk family, you need to act responsibly. The anecdotal evidence (photos of beaches, bars, and political rallies) showing little use of masks and physical distancing, does not bode well.

My decision about acceptance of personal risk needs to be informed by a concern for increasing the risks of those I come in contact with.

One thing above you hit on the nose--"hope for the best". Unfortunately, that seems to be the plan of the federal government, and the various North American sports leagues.

All the government planning in the world is only as good as first contact with the enemy. I learned that a longtime ago on an actual battle-space. Hoping for the best has nothing to do with Right or Left. You plan your plan, execute your plan and adjust as you go along to get your tactical or strategic objective.

Group A = those at risk

Put group a on the island of Puerto Rico so the rest of us can enjoy sports and move on with our lifes. I’m actually kidding here Well kind of.

We all obviously should support mitigation efforts. I wouldn't say 65 is some magical cut-off. There are plenty of folks in their 70s and early 80s that are very healthy and free of comorbidity. Death rates don't get real high (relative to the median of the disease) until you get into the 80's.

How is that anymore unfair than sheltering most of the healthy population and ruining businesses?

We need to start living again. The death rates have come way down. I'm sorry more people are going to die from Covid-19 but our country is better prepared to fight it now than February.

You are getting closer and closer to the CuseRunner zone.

That’s exactly it. I have a parent battling cancer and is also a diabetic I have spent zero meaningful time with her since the outbreak which is tough but I do it for her health. You can’t expect healthy ppl to stay home until
There is a cure. This is a pretty simple situation If you are worried then stay home if not toss a mask on wash your hands and enjoy your life

That’s exactly it. I have a parent battling cancer and is also a diabetic I have spent zero meaningful time with her since the outbreak which is tough but I do it for her health. You can’t expect healthy ppl to stay home until
There is a cure. This is a pretty simple situation If you are worried then stay home if not toss a mask on wash your hands and enjoy your life
I do expect healthy people to act responsibly in order to keep from becoming spreaders of the virus.

All these judge your own risks or stay home posts would be fine if ALL the people at low risk and all businesses would follow the law or rules. When they don’t, and they are t by a long shot, that’s what outs others at risk.

You are getting closer and closer to the CuseRunner zone.
WTH is that supposed to mean?

You trying to shame me? Cancel me? Report me for reeducation?

My friends know who I am and I don't get bullied. So take your comment and use it on someone else.

Cuserunner's opinion is as valid as yours.

My friends know who I am and I don't get bullied. So take your comment and use it on someone else.

Cuserunner's opinion and yours and mine, etc., are valid only to the extent they are based upon facts. Otherwise, the term BS is operative.

Can’t have an opinion anymore unless you are cancel culture or stay home the sky is falling

You shame yourself

You’re “people should be able to live their lives” take became invalid the moment you decided old people should just stay in isolation.

CuseRunner’s opinion was that everyone should just do what they do and to heck if somebody else gets sick. That is not a valid opinion. Neither is yours in my opinion because it selfishly puts others at risk.

Funny how “you don’t get bullied” but you sure are posting like a bully. Sorry our opinions don’t coincide.

Our country doesn't have the stones at the federal level to give people the resources (money, healthcare) to stay at home. $1200 was embarassing. Even after 3+ months...I still don't see a coherent plan where I think football is played this season.

No one is telling you to stay home. Hell of a lot of stuff at phase 3 you can do in NYState, but the nature of this virus is that until treatment/vaccine they will never let 50,000 people cram together IMO. I I’ll just add I may disagree with him but I have nothing negative to say about Texas Mark, I have known him for years and he is a class act all the way and his tailgates are legendary . Can’t wait till we get past this thing in earnest and my next road trip takes me to one of Marks gates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.