Looks like Charlottesville will get walloped.... | Syracusefan.com

Looks like Charlottesville will get walloped....

Leaving on Saturday makes no sense. They are waiting until the worst of the worst to go there. But then again, sometimes these things turn out to be a big nothing.

llandz said:
Leaving on Saturday makes no sense. They are waiting until the worst of the worst to go there. But then again, sometimes these things turn out to be a big nothing.

That area is definitely getting snow -- and a lot of it.

Highly doubt the team will be able to fly into there Saturday.

The airport will probably be closed.

Bayside44 said:
Don't understand why we don't get in Fri AM and play as scheduled. Flying into the teeth of the storm is dumb and SU of all places should know better.

They might be leaving tomorrow AM.

will this be considered a home game for us if they get more than 12" of snow?
15zox6o.jpg

How bout travel in and out Sunday. NC State did that when they came here season before last.

If the roads aren't going to be safe down in Charlottesville the ACC should just step in and move the game to Syracuse or another site.
I don't really see another mutual day that will work unless UVA wants to play 3 games in 5 days while we have our week off between Feb. 2nd and Feb. 11th.

Boeheim said on his show tonight that "We'll try to fly down Saturday".He said they have a charter plane that can still go even if the airlines are running "as long as they get the field clear".

That seems absurd, especially since he also said that if Wayne Mahar's prediction is right, they'll never even be able to hold the game Sunday because they won't have the equipment to get the roads clear by then. H

Last edited:
We have a room at the team hotel for Sunday night but are going to play it by ear. The snow is supposed to stop Sunday morning. I'm really not sure the roads will be passable at all on Sunday or if they will even play the game.

Seriously just cancel the game. Flying into a major storm (which if they leave SAT AM is what they are doing and beyond dumb) just to put a ball into a hole is silly when lives are at stake. these people aren't prepared for a dusting down there let alone 30". That will be locked down tighter than a whales butt

OburgOrange said:
I think the skycap is a better source than you on this. :rolleyes:

I think if they were pretty sure the game would be played Sunday they'd high tail it out today. Planning to fly tomorrow I don't think is going to work.

I think if they were pretty sure the game would be played Sunday they'd high tail it out today. Planning to fly tomorrow I don't think is going to work.

So you don't think the game will be played in the end ?

How bout somebody just come out and postpone the game to a later date already.

Since we are talking about hoops and not football losing 1 home game won't kill UVA. UVA should fly out today and play the game in Syracuse on Sunday and go straight to Winston-Salem after that game.

C-Ville roads won't be able to make the roads safe enough for all those cars to get to the game and the C-Ville resources should not go extra towards getting that game in but helping public roads.

ACC can make UVA-SU a home/home next year and UVA will host SU then.

Last edited:
Who the heck are making the team's travel decisions - these guys?
th

Yeah I don't get the flying out Saturday thing at all. Incidentally I quote Airplane all the time at work and it's amazing how many people younger than I am just stare at me blankly. I'm only 39! Makes me so disappointed - that movie should be required watching for everyone!