Louisville announces self-imposed postseason ban | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville announces self-imposed postseason ban

That was the example that occurred to me. Should a player be able carry around a 20 pound bong at Kentucky and play while any kid at SU is deemed "ineligible" because "we had a policy"?

I'm not a law talking guy, so I dunno.

Maybe a suit would work...or not. But I know for a fact that it would have been far less problematic had we just simply followed our policy.

This story has legs.
As I started to read the story these writers are basically advocating for schools to cheat by always claiming they are punishing innocent players. You can't punish the ones who have graduating or the one and dones. Players are not blind to what has gone on just prior to them arriving on campus as players love to brag to one another about past indiscretions in prior classes.

There needs to be a real teeth to stop all the cheating that is going on. At this point Louisville found something really big in their internal investigation and it would be in the strippers best interests to deny everything now as I am sure the feds and the IRS will want to know a lot more about their cash trade business as their lawyers would tell them.

As always, players bear the brunt of a penalty, while coaches and administrators remain unscathed.

If colleges REALLY wanted to stamp out violations then the penalty for transgressions would be the suspension, without pay, of a program's AD and head coach for an entire year (including all sport-related sources of income, not just base). I bet all of these people who run programs would suddenly be much more "aware" of things happening in their program.

Until the adults are punished, severely, then this whole system is an utter joke of a joke.
I would not be surprised if Pitino got a show cause penalty in this case. The speed in which L'Ville acted tells me the stuff was very apparent and there is a clear cut paper trail. Like I said earlier he might just bail to the NBA or even retire.

That was the example that occurred to me. Should a player be able carry around a 20 pound bong at Kentucky and play while any kid at SU is deemed "ineligible" because "we had a policy"?
The NCAA can still drug test the kids at their will.

The NCAA can still drug test the kids at their will.
NCAA can only drug test at NCAA sanctioned events like the NCAA tournament.

Syracuse own policy was to drug test on their own likely so no players would fail an NCAA administered test. By SU on its own having its own policy we subjected ourselves to NCAA scrutiny by not adhering to our own policy.

We screwed ourselves on that but the NCAA over-penalized SU in aggregate because they wanted to scalp JB.

Syracuse own policy was to drug test on their own likely so no players would fail an NCAA administered test. By SU on its own having its own policy we subjected ourselves to NCAA scrutiny by not adhering to our own policy.

We screwed ourselves on that but the NCAA over-penalized SU in aggregate because they wanted to scalp JB.
Exactly. The real crime was vacating over 100 wins b/c of low-level marijuana use rampant at every college in the USA>

"Division I Institutions  Every Division I institution will be drug tested at least once each academic year. An institution may be selected for testing more than once each academic year.  If your institution sponsors football, at least 26 student-athletes will be tested, 18 from football and 8 from at least one other sport.  If your institution does not sponsor football, eight student-athletes from at least one sport will be selected."

http://webs.wichita.edu/depttools/d...Drug Testing/NCAA Year-Round Drug Testing FAQ

Now if you go about half way down the will explain the rules on their year round testing program.

http://www.ncaa.org/health-and-safety/policy/frequently-asked-questions-about-drug-testing

So it does appear they test year round.

Exactly. The real crime was vacating over 100 wins b/c of low-level marijuana use rampant at every college in the USA>
If they took away the Fab Melo games we won that would have been fair. However 103 wins was a petty.

As I started to read the story these writers are basically advocating for schools to cheat by always claiming they are punishing innocent players. You can't punish the ones who have graduating or the one and dones. Players are not blind to what has gone on just prior to them arriving on campus as players love to brag to one another about past indiscretions in prior classes.

There needs to be a real teeth to stop all the cheating that is going on. At this point Louisville found something really big in their internal investigation and it would be in the strippers best interests to deny everything now as I am sure the feds and the IRS will want to know a lot more about their cash trade business as their lawyers would tell them.

I agree. The strippers should not be allowed to work during the NCAA tournament. Ban them from the tournament!

If they took away the Fab Melo games we won that would have been fair. However 103 wins was a petty.
I'm not even sure of that. SU suspended him TWICE and IIRC in between suspensions we got NCAA permission for him to play. Were any of the wins that were vacated for games he was already sitting out?

I'm not even sure of that. SU suspended him TWICE and IIRC in between suspensions we got NCAA permission for him to play. Were any of the wins that were vacated for games he was already sitting out?
I thought almost all of the vacated wins were for stoned players. (?)

I have zero idea what a 20 pound bong is.

But I definitely want to learn what a 20 pound bong is.
A 20 lb bong would have to be one made from the cardboard tube inside a roll of carpeting.

You'll know it's a really good scandal if someone actually gets indicted. There's a good chance someone is going to jail. I read somewhere there were under aged hookers involved.

I hope ESPN doesn't try to go after SU again like they did after the Penn State fiasco. Anything for ratings let the innuendos fly give them dirty laundry thing again.

I don't know if I should believe Pitino or not. I want to, he seems sincere here. But there's a money trail in there somewhere and I doubt that this is something McGee dreamt up on his own. The director of basketball operations seems like a convenient scapegoat for any shenanigans that occur at bigtime programs. Kissel took the sword for SU's misdeeds.

I don't know if I should believe Pitino or not. I want to, he seems sincere here. But there's a money trail in there somewhere and I doubt that this is something McGee dreamt up on his own. The director of basketball operations seems like a convenient scapegoat for any shenanigans that occur at bigtime programs. Kissel took the sword for SU's misdeeds.

It's all fun and games until someone gets indicted. Then the truth will come out.

couldn't they add something to the NCAA LOI that says if you do something illegal you can forced to pay restitution of some kind?
there is knowingly breaking the rules and some times doing it intentionally. What about kids who do this at UL and then go some place else?
Some of these things the kids know full well whats right and wrong, others not so much

Nothing to do with this but I moved to the city from a small town, parked at my new apartment it snowed and got a ticket for odd even parking. I appealed and they said tough luck i should have known better.. My appeal was how would I know what I did not know. no signs posted, never even heard of such a thing. Some of these NCAA rules are like this.. I wouldnt expect a kid to know all the rules about benefits they can receive, but getting paid cash or hookers should ring a bell with most even those with tougher backgrounds.

The bit about the women going over to listen to music and Pitino going, "IF YOU ARE LYING!!!!"

Like does he think we are idiots?

The bit about the women going over to listen to music and Pitino going, "IF YOU ARE LYING!!!!"

Like does he think we are idiots?
I saw a headline this morning where Pition has offered to coach the team for free in the NCAA. Isn't that "wide" of him. Then who is gonna pay the strippers? Out of his own pocket!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom