Louisville game is huge. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville game is huge.

That's the difference between the classes if you ask me. On paper they look very similar, except all of our 4 stars from the 2014 class either never made it, aren't with the program anymore, or haven't hit the field yet.

that's amazing.

Nothing to do with defensive scheming but overseeing all aspects?

Yeah, that makes sense.

So you feel he can be absolved from all game planning issues?

How's the defense doing this year with its game planning? You feeling comfortable with that side of the ball this year? And I am not convinced of the offense, either.

So if you're hell bent on giving him "credit" for defense, understand that this defense is pitiful. And you can blame only part of it on youth and inexperience.

How's the defense doing this year with its game planning? You feeling comfortable with that side of the ball this year? And I am not convinced of the offense, either.

So if you're hell bent on giving him "credit" for defense, understand that this defense is pitiful. And you can blame only part of it on youth and inexperience.

Cool with the fire, buddo.

I said not counting this year... I'm also inclined to trust 6 years of defensive stats over one year where 70% of the D is freshman or sophomores. This season hasn't been pretty. There's a lot not to like and I'm not in any thread saying we've been solid. I'm just trying to battle inaccuracies and falsehoods when I see them.

There is no question at all that Shafer Chuck and Doust know how to field a great D. They are the sole reason that Doug made it to the NFL. Year in and year out we have a great D. We just had too many players to replace this year and with the guys being ruled out for life on the DL we are simply a year away just too young. Same on the O side. Frosh all over the place. The Oline has not been great but that is because they have a guy who slept at the holiday Inn pretending to be a d line coach coaching them.

Next year HCSS and his staff are going to over night become brilliant coaches. Because the kids are going to grow up. If not then it is time for change but not this year

There is no question at all that Shafer Chuck and Doust know how to field a great D. They are the sole reason that Doug made it to the NFL. Year in and year out we have a great D. We just had too many players to replace this year and with the guys being ruled out for life on the DL we are simply a year away just too young. Same on the O side. Frosh all over the place. The Oline has not been great but that is because they have a guy who slept at the holiday Inn pretending to be a d line coach coaching them.

Next year HCSS and his staff are going to over night become brilliant coaches. Because the kids are going to grow up. If not then it is time for change but not this year

Sole reason that Doug made it to the nfl? Where do you come up with this stuff?

Everytime I think I have heard it all this board will produce a gem like that. Unbelievable.

The sole reason that DM decided he didn't need in the NFL.

People have no clue how stuff works. DM got way more help from Bill Parcells/Sean Payton/his agent Sexton than he did Scott Shafer.
Parcells endorsement was huge for DM. That is why he will he get another NFL job especially with Rex not doing as good a job as he did with the same team with a higher upside QB.

Cool with the fire, buddo.

I said not counting this year... I'm also inclined to trust 6 years of defensive stats over one year where 70% of the D is freshman or sophomores. This season hasn't been pretty. There's a lot not to like and I'm not in any thread saying we've been solid. I'm just trying to battle inaccuracies and falsehoods when I see them.
I hear you, but isn't it the HC job to plan recruiting so that these things don't happen?

I hear you, but isn't it the HC job to plan recruiting so that these things don't happen?

It is...unless it's the head coach before you...remember all those JUCO kids HCDM signed on his way out the door? They would all be juinors this year.. Think we could use a couple of more experienced kids on defense? Those JUCO chickens have come home roost this year...

The sole reason that DM decided he didn't need in the NFL.

People have no clue how stuff works. DM got way more help from Bill Parcells/Sean Payton/his agent s e xton than he did Scott Shafer.
Parcells endorsement was huge for DM. That is why he will he get another NFL job especially with Rex not doing as good a job as he did with the same team with a higher upside QB.

Without Shafer's D, he wouldn't have been a .500 coach is a pretty accurate statement.

Crusty said:

Absolutely.

I think they thought they'd have Eskridge and or the kid from Ohio.

I think they thought Whigham was going to be okay at corner.

I think they thought they'd have Williams on the inside and Zeke on the edge.

Ever my school that is not a powerhouse has these issues from time to time. And I trust Bulluogh when he says "these young guys are going to be really good"

CuseOnly said:
Without Shafer's D, he wouldn't have been a .500 coach is a pretty accurate statement.

If that.

just a thought. Louisville could easily lose out versue SU, UVA, Pitt and Kentucky. Hmmm
Petrino has never lost to Kentucky as the coach of Louisville. In 5 games Petrino's Cardinals have scored 86 more points than UK. His 4-0 record against UK was one of the reasons he had so much support to be brought back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom