Louisville Postgame Discussion Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Postgame Discussion Thread

Have a close friend who knew Sly. What a mess.
Their concerts were great that is if he showed up or wasn’t 2 hours late. Sly was out there for sure, so talented and so drugged most of the time - one of the first integrated rock bands with both males and females too.

What’s even more amazing is how young much of this team is.
We have one of the more experienced teams in the ACC.

We could really use one of the tall WR's to develop. Cooper, Jackson and Gadsden are nice underneath WR's. Either Jones or Alford need to take the top off. Pena too but I'd like to see one of the kids with length step up.
...Gadsden is... 6 what?

I thought some of the o-line penalties were the refs calling the line movement unreasonably tight (certainly to a different standard than they were calling the other way). As others noted, a few of the early ones were blown dead before the lineman were set, either way, a number of then didn't sit well with me. Of course there were some obvious sloppy ones, but a number of them were questionable calls.

Perusing the Louisville board and had to post this comment. Laughed my ass off:

BPSUL avatar
BPSUL
Posted on 86 mins, , User Since 234 months ago, User Post Count: 15084
  • 86 mins
  • 234 months
Their QB just knocked two of our defenders all the way back to 2019. Now they gotta go through covid all over again.

Bleich, Ellis, and Vet had like 67% of the penalties. I’m not big on the idea of “cleaning things up”, but that feels like a communication thing that can be fixed pretty easily.
And really no other penalties. The Pena motion one was just being on the wrong play. You know what? I'd rather have those calls because we have a totally new offense and there are a few little adjustments to be made. I'll take it.

And really no other penalties. The Pena motion one was just being on the wrong play. You know what? I'd rather have those calls because we have a totally new offense and there are a few little adjustments to be made. I'll take it.

Kidding aside, that needs to be cleaned up. O-line almost had a full TD in penalties.

Let’s talk about this roster for a sec from a talent standpoint. Obviously a lot can go wrong quickly with injuries of course and the transfer portal….but I think we can say; FINALLY, for the first time in a decade, maybe two, that we at least have a roster with enough depth and talent to compete. Doesn’t mean they will win, just means that they have a chance.

Assuming Thompson is done for year and that hurts but maybe it doesn’t hurt as much as it would’ve in prior years.

I like the talent of this roster at the top (obviously) but also the depth of it. If we can avoid the injuries, get a little luck and keep finding talent, I think this program can stick around for a while.

18 penalties is a lot and like 15of the were presnap. Maybe they need to practice with loud music this week?

Two things not pointed out above yet. But maybe discussed in the game thread.

We totally outcoached them. Our game plan etc was superb. The new coaches were difference makers. We probably have 3 assistants on staff that are head coach material now or in the next 2-3 years.

Secondly was the amount we used Tucker as a receiver. On one pass play in the 1Q they showed Babers smiling and sort of laughing to himself. He does not often show this kind of emotion and I could only read his mind that he was thinking "bet you didn't expect us to do this"

Alford dropped a gimme.

Isaiah Jones dropped a gimme.

Both hit right in the hands.

It’s not their height, or size - they need to hang onto the damn ball when it hits them right in the hands.

Are you saying its not about the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog?

We have one of the more experienced teams in the ACC.

True but look at this link below keeping in mind most of this team’s remaining eligibility and how many of these young players we heard their names tonight. We aren’t alone having players getting those extra Covid years.

So so impressive. Sat in usual seats behind Louisville bench. Team wasn’t expecting getting kicked like this. And they weren’t expecting Shrader. Very impressive win. The routes and wr were huge improvement. And the pass protection was beautiful. Good. Coaches. Matter. So damn happy. Dino and the team deserve this. We were loud with a small crowd. Pack the dome for Purdue and make it hard.

I hate to give away a secret, but they have microphones in the crowd that I believe they feed into the P.A. system.

I saw two microphones right in front of me, and I said to myself, "what, they have a tapers section?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom