Louisville to forfeit NC | Syracusefan.com

Louisville to forfeit NC

Hard to say but Dakich is often very vocal about UL/Pitino. I mean he cannot stand them. I posted his radio show from Indy here when the bomb dropped. He is probably the most publicly anti-UL/Pitino voice out there by a mile. He could be right but I could see some sort of B.S. as well.

If this in fact happens, I would like to see how many posters revise their answer to the "would you cheat?" question from the other day.

Hard to say but Dakich is often very vocal about UL/Pitino. I mean he cannot stand them. I posted his radio show from Indy here when the bomb dropped. He is probably the most publicly anti-UL/Pitino voice out there by a mile. He could be right but I could see some sort of B.S. as well.
This was my first thought. It could be true but Dakich hates Ville so bad it might be an exaggeration.

If this in fact happens, I would like to see how many posters revise their answer to the "would you cheat?" question from the other day.

Depends on who cheats obviously :rolleyes:.

Blue bloods in football and basketball are untouchable.

Big deal.

What's their punishment for the next 5 years? They better lose a ton of scholarships, recruiting windows, coaches on the road, more postseason bans, etc. The stripper scandal and the adidas scandal have to amount to a penalty far, far greater than we got for minor infractions.

Big deal.

What's their punishment for the next 5 years? They better lose a ton of scholarships, recruiting windows, coaches on the road, more postseason bans, etc. The stripper scandal and the adidas scandal have to amount to a penalty far, far greater than we got for minor infractions.
Seriously, but the UNC final results shocked all. I'd be happy with the death penalty.

Big deal.

they should & will get hammered . . .
but our infractions were not minor

they should & will get hammered . . .
but our infractions were not minor
THey will but our violations were totally minor when put in context. Look at the news lately. Are you saying that paying kids $100 to ref 2 hour CYO games moves the needle? Smoking pot when there's no NCAA prohibition (until the tournament) ... ? Fab's footnotes and "excessive assistance" on papers ... pffff. That's an average day at UK or UA, if they even bother with papers at all.

Unless the NCAA has an ability to purge memories I don’t think I’d change my mind.
yep, this. They won the championship. Just like JB won 1,000+ games.
It's not truly a penalty if it doesn't affect them now and going forward.

THey will but our violations were totally minor when put in context. Look at the news lately. Are you saying that paying kids $100 to ref 2 hour CYO games moves the needle? Smoking pot when there's no NCAA prohibition (until the tournament) ... ? Fab's footnotes and "excessive assistance" on papers ... pffff. That's an average day at UK or UA, if they even bother with papers at all.

the director of athletics organized a conspiracy among other members of the university staff to commit academic fraud in order to keep an ineligible student qualified

in college athletics, that is the exact opposite of a minor infraction

have other schools deserved more serious punishments for their infractions? yes.

but that doesn't change the fact that syracuse deserved everything they got.

the director of athletics organized a conspiracy among other members of the university staff to commit academic fraud in order to keep an ineligible student qualified

in college athletics, that is the exact opposite of a minor infraction

have other schools deserved more serious punishments for their infractions? yes.

but that doesn't change the fact that syracuse deserved everything they got.
If you're talking about Stan, if memory serves I don't believe Gross was accused of directing him to do anything improper (Gross wasn't personally cited as a violator). In the meeting with JB (with Gross in attendance), Stan was directed to try to keep him eligible within the rules. The rest was Stan and a secretary overreaching and too much help on a paper in a class Fab had already passed. Significantly, Fab spoke Portuguese as his first language and the U determined that there was NO academic fraud. There were a few other academic instances, but nothing that holds a candle to what other programs have gotten (are getting) away with.

If you put that on the same plane with $150k payoffs, hookers and decades-long fake majors, I think you're out to lunch.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom