love Bilas | Syracusefan.com

love Bilas

Does anyone else think Jay Bilas will become the coach of Duke after coach K leaves?

No.

If he had any coaching ambitions he would have gone the Asst Coach career track instead of the Broadcasting career track.

Would you rather have gottleib or bilas as your head coach? Bilas makes sense- logical, articulate. Gottleib is the exact opposite

Jay-Bilas.jpg

My wife said that she saw something on TV or streaming or somewhere in which Jay Bilas was wearing a Pearl shirt like the team wears in warm-ups. I haven't been able to see everything linked, is this true did anyone else see this?

Does anyone else think Jay Bilas will become the coach of Duke after coach K leaves?
I think if Collins has any success at Northwestern he'll get. Wojo would have to do very well at Marquette to be next in line. Barring either of those two, I think they make a play at Brad Stevens.

I think if Collins has any success at Northwestern he'll get. Wojo would have to do very well at Marquette to be next in line. Barring either of those two, I think they make a play at Brad Stevens.

Brad Stevens is not leaving the situation he has in Boston anytime soon.

there will never be a better broadcasting team than bilas, sean mcdonough and billy raftery. they knew the big east -- its history, its coaches, its players, its rivalries -- inside and out, and their input added something to each telecast.

in addition, their personalities and humor meshed perfectly, and you could just tell they were having fun calling those games. (it didn't hurt that they were all fans of jb and su as well.)

Would you rather have gottleib or bilas as your head coach? Bilas makes sense- logical, articulate. Gottleib is the exact opposite

Gottlieb is actually very logical and articulate when it comes to most teams... except when it comes to Syracuse. The fact that he can't be logical with them, demonstrates a hatred borne from something.

Brad Stevens is not leaving the situation he has in Boston anytime soon.
No, but in three years he may have come to the conclusion that he took the team as far they can go. A lot depends on how well they can use the Nets draft picks and if they are able to land free agents.

Why in the world do you think he would want to turn to coaching at this point in his career? He's 52 years old, has never coached on any level, and reportedly makes $2 Mil/yr as a basketball analyst, without all of the pressures and time demands of being a HC. If he ever gives up broadcasting, I think it's far more likely he would turn his attention to practicing law.

Gottlieb is actually very logical and articulate when it comes to most teams... except when it comes to Syracuse. The fact that he can't be logical with them, demonstrates a hatred borne from something.
No doubt and that "something" has been well documented on here.

Love Bilas. But charges are coming for UNC.

Bilas' point was that there have not been any specific allegations against the UNC basketball team.

I wouldn't be shocked if they gave it to Brey.

Why in the world do you think he would want to turn to coaching at this point in his career? He's 52 years old, has never coached on any level, and reportedly makes $2 Mil/yr as a basketball analyst, without all of the pressures and time demands of being a HC. If he ever gives up broadcasting, I think it's far more likely he would turn his attention to practicing law.
i hope its to take over the ncaa