Love Fran | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Love Fran

Dino was religious too and we stunk on the field.

Yes...because those two issues are totally related.

Over It Whatever GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Well, he did recruit 12 disciples from the jump. I think he recruited the Zebedee brothers from fishing with their father. Great catch!
Running a Hail Mary every play , isn't the best game plan.

All kidding aside. I think its great that Fran knows who he is, and puts that right out there. Love it!

(Apologies. I couldn't help but wonder what type of football coach Jesus would be... )

Running a Hail Mary every play , isn't the best game plan.

All kidding aside. I think its great that Fran knows who he is, and puts that right out there. Love it!

(Apologies. I couldn't help but wonder what type of football coach Jesus would be... )
The way He rested in the tomb all Saturday and then rallied on Sunday morning, it would seem He's more suited for the pro game. ;)

The way He rested in the tomb all Saturday and then rallied on Sunday morning, it would seem He's more suited for the pro game. ;)
There's just sooo much to unpack if HE was a football coach. Would he call the hail Mary play, Mom? (Terrrible terrible joke). Would he constantly be involved in Michigan, "stealing plays", scandals? "I mean, I'm not saying you're lying, Jesus, but you knew every play I was going to call before I called it..." :)

Apologies. I can't stop thinking about it...lol

Interested on if Coach Brown stays with the military connection at Fort Drum? Different with Dino as a military brat. Wonder what he feels about that?

This is the kind of guy mothers and fathers will trust with their kid. He doesn't seem like a salesman; he's not "Swag Daddy." He's MFHCFB, and he's going to turn your son into a man and a hell of a football player.

I love that Frans faith is genuine. That he lives it vs preaching it. It's very obvious that he is an individual who builds trust through a straight forward approach. His focus in helping others succeed is his key to his success.
What he has accomplished at Syracuse in a month is unprecedented. He is already a success in life and I believe he is just getting started. I believe he has a chance to become something very special beyond football. JW made an amazing decision to listen when Fran reached out to him expressing his desire to be our next head coach and eventually hire him.
Fran and Syracuse are a perfect fit. How he has completely changed the narrative and perception of Syracuse to players on a national basis is remarkable. I believe his hiring is going to go down as one of the most important hires in Syracuse University athletic history.

Then they'll respectfully decline the invitation.
I don't see where I read anywhere that he insists or requires kids to pray with him, correct?
Not directed towards you 917, but I'll never understand the issue with someone wanting to worship as they see fit, as long as it doesn't impose on anyone else. I grew up in a heavily Catholic neighborhood and even went to Catholic school. Didn't bother me one bit when they'd pray- I simply said my own prayer privately & kept it moving.
Folks tend to get offended about everything these days. We need some thicker skin and not to take ourselves so fricken seriously! JMHO
(End rant)

I don't mind a coach praying with team members if it's meaningful to them. I just don't want team members who are not religious or have different religions to feel that they are outsiders. What should unite a team is a desire to win - for themselves, their teammates, their school and the fans.

I love that Frans faith is genuine. That he lives it vs preaching it. It's very obvious that he is an individual who builds trust through a straight forward approach. His focus in helping others succeed is his key to his success.
What he has accomplished at Syracuse in a month is unprecedented. He is already a success in life and I believe he is just getting started. I believe he has a chance to become something very special beyond football. JW made an amazing decision to listen when Fran reached out to him expressing his desire to be our next head coach and eventually hire him.
Fran and Syracuse are a perfect fit. How he has completely changed the narrative and perception of Syracuse to players on a national basis is remarkable. I believe his hiring is going to go down as one of the most important hires in Syracuse University athletic history.
Let's hope he can coach, plan and coordinate as well as he recruits.

True.

The staff Coach Brown has gathered seems to have the coaching chops.
This staff is truly significantly better than I originally expected the day Fran was announced as coach.

As a lapsed catholic and agnostic man, doesn't bother me one bit. A lot of his players are religious and he's focused on raising good men. I loved that about Dino and it comes across super authentic with Coach Fran.
Amen, my friend. Sounds so good

As long as he doesn't get Dabo level preachy (i.e. GOD's Name, Image, and Likeness) I'm fine with it.
Some things are hard to hide, like light, especially if you know it changed your life. Some use others' imperfections as a rationale to mock and justify their own beliefs. I know this, true light always lifts a brother up if possible without casting shade and the Author most certainly has a name. Lots of peace and goodness to you.

I’m an atheist, and I have no problem with others practicing religion. Especially if it makes them better people.

LGO

I respect religion if it causes you to judge yourself and elevates your view of the human race. I don't if it causes you to elevate your view of yourself and judge the human race.

I don't mind a coach praying with team members if it's meaningful to them. I just don't want team members who are not religious or have different religions to feel that they are outsiders. What should unite a team is a desire to win - for themselves, their teammates, their school and the fans.
Absolutely.
But that depends on the individual. If I'm of another religion and my HC and others who share the same religion decide to say a prayer, then God bless them. Wouldn't "offend" me in the least.
If I "feel" some kinda way about it,then I respectfully decline to join in, or leave the room, or any number of other options available to me. It shouldn't however preclude others from having their prayer because I feel "offended".
A simple "No offense coach, but I'll sit this one out", should be more than enough, no?

I don’t think that’s going to be a problem. Fran is nowhere near the only religious coach. He isn’t even the only coach that prays. Hell, some of the religious schools have Chaplains, I believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom