Love Fran | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Love Fran

Fran isn’t building a theocracy, everyone can rest easy. He even mentioned Allah once when talking about players and their faith, which to be candid will raise an eye brow to solid practicing Christians due to the exclusiveness of the religion.

The point being he’s already shown he’s not going to be exclusive.

Virtually every player, recruit, and transfer I’ve ever seen talks about God on twitter. Are they all actually super religious people? I can assure you they are not, but it shouldn’t surprise anyone to see a coach talk like this given the majority of the players do.

It’s not my intention to get in the weeds here about anything that can be deemed divisive to the board, just trying to share some perspective.

Fran isn’t building a theocracy, everyone can rest easy. He even mentioned Allah once when talking about players and their faith, which to be candid will raise an eye brow to solid practicing Christians due to the exclusiveness of the religion.

The point being he’s already shown he’s not going to be exclusive.

Virtually every player, recruit, and transfer I’ve ever seen talks about God on twitter. Are they all actually super religious people? I can assure you they are not, but it shouldn’t surprise anyone to see a coach talk like this given the majority of the players do.

It’s not my intention to get in the weeds here about anything that can be deemed divisive to the board, just trying to share some perspective.
I'm on a George Carlin- like level of thought on religion. Having said that, i could care less that Fran talks about it when he does. Everyone can believe what they want.

I’m glad Fran is relating to these kids in a religious manner. Whatever it takes.

I wonder more about the academics. Is there any concerns anymore about this post Covid. Do kids even have to take the sat anymore? I feel like this is a huge benefit to bc and nd which always had higher academic requirements than SU

I’m glad Fran is relating to these kids in a religious manner. Whatever it takes.

I wonder more about the academics. Is there any concerns anymore about this post Covid. Do kids even have to take the sat anymore? I feel like this is a huge benefit to bc and nd which always had higher academic requirements than SU
i believe sat/act are overated. HS curriculum ap classes and performance are the better indicators of success. imho.

I am glad the recruits are into it.

He's a bit over the top about it, but to each their own.

As long as he doesn't try to pray with or proselytize the fans, or me as a fan, we are good.

Anyhow, year 3 is the telling year. Can he coach & can he pull in recruits when the UGA rolodex is dried up? I think it will work out, and as long as his word is good, we are in for a new golden age.

I am glad the recruits are into it.

He's a bit over the top about it, but to each their own.

As long as he doesn't try to pray with or proselytize the fans, or me as a fan, we are good.

Anyhow, year 3 is the telling year. Can he coach & can he pull in recruits when the UGA rolodex is dried up? I think it will work out, and as long as his word is good, we are in for a new golden age.

Sigh. Please, let’s remember:
UGA hired Fran *because* he is an ELITE recruiter.

He didn’t become that because UGA hired him.
It’s who he was, and is.

And as he stated in his opening presser -
Why would he stop recruiting, when he’s so good at it?

Fran has a NJ/Northesst Rolodex.
Which is constantly updated.

Yes, we won’t have the ‘in’ with UGA or TAMU portal guys anymore in a few years, but by then it shouldn’t matter.

It’s who he was, and is.

Yes, we won’t have the ‘in’ with UGA or TAMU portal guys anymore in a few years, but by then it shouldn’t matter.
But if we get good again, we will be in with all the good portal guys from the good schools, not just those two.

It’s who he was, and is.

I was reading through the "Fran Brown" thread from November. So many takes, including my own, that it's easy to recruit at Georgia and that we can never expect 4/5 star recruits.

He already blew that conventional wisdon up.

It’s who he was, and is.

I hope and believe this to be true, but its a fair concern. We'll find out as time passes.

Everything about UGA helped Fran just like Fran helped UGA. I would love to hear someone argue otherwise. Actually, no, don't care that much. Time will tell.

Again, I hope for continued success with recruiting & that he and these coaches can coach. Time will tell.

I hope and believe this to be true, but its a fair concern. We'll find out as time passes.

Everything about UGA helped Fran just like Fran helped UGA. I would love to hear someone argue otherwise. Actually, no, don't care that much. Time will tell.

Again, I hope for continued success with recruiting & that he and these coaches can coach. Time will tell.
Brown recruited or coached five players from the 2019 Owls’ defense that advanced to the NFL, including three draft picks: Harrison Hand, Shaun Bradley, Chapelle Russell, Sam Franklin and Isaiah Wright.

Brown recruited or coached five players from the 2019 Owls’ defense that advanced to the NFL, including three draft picks: Harrison Hand, Shaun Bradley, Chapelle Russell, Sam Franklin and Isaiah Wright.

Obviously he had to have success in order to even get the UGA job. Let's hope it translates to SU for 3 consecutive recruiting cycles.

If it does, we will be successful, relative to the otger post P people we have hired.

Too funny!! Brown and Co. killing it!!!
Keep it rollin!!
I love Coach Fran. In my humble opinion he is our last chance to get us out of this rut of mediocrity. I’ve been going to SU games since 1959 and it’s been heart breaking (maybe a little over the top but close) watching the last twenty years. If he can’t do it with the staff he’s put in place I don’t believe anyone can. The next five years will be the resurrection of Orangemen football or the demise. I firmly believe that.
Go Orange!

I posted this in another thread to the same Twitter/X post:

I'm sure he doesn't do this for the attention, and likely wouldn't WANT attention drawn to it, as it is part of who he is. Having said that, this is the kind of stuff that I'd like to see get more press as to who this man is that is now running the SU Football program. Kids like KJE and most parents, too, would be instantly drawn to this man and his program; a "foot in the door" before they've even met. HCFB: :):):)

Today is January 14th... I was about to start my own thread but then I saw the above 3 or 4...no need- cuz it fit...

Some thoughts from Coach Brown's first few meetings with the press right after he was introduced as HC.
I'm paraphrasing...
In regards to players and what goes on "off the field"...Tightening up other aspects of life is important, When the players' lives are right, you get the best version of that player.
Regarding coaching...success of the team is 90% players and 10% coaching...not the other way around.
Regarding interacting in the community...we're gonna make Syracuse the best community in the world.
LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENING ALREADY...man of his word.
Finally...I can't wait til January 15th...get ready to lift and get ready to work...It's on..
Detail
Accountability
Relentless
Tough
We're gonna dominate January...
We're gonna shock the country.

I think we have alot to support and look forward to... LGO!

Last edited:
Today is January 14th... I was about to start my own thread but then I saw the above 3 or 4...no need- cuz it fit...

Some thoughts from Coach Brown's first few meetings with the press right after he was introduced as HC.
I'm paraphrasing...
In regards to players and what goes on "off the field"...Tightening up other aspects of life is important, When the players' lives are right, you get the best version of that player.
Regarding coaching...success of the team is 90% players and 10% coaching...not the other way around.
Regarding interacting in the community...we're gonna make Syracuse the best community in the world.
LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENING ALREADY...man of his word.
Finally...I can't wait til January 15th...get ready to lift and get ready to work...It's on..
Detail
Accountability
Relentless
Tough

We're gonna shock the country.

I think we have alot to support and look forward to... LGO!
Nice post bro, agree with absolutely everything in it except I’d break down those percentages down to more to 80%/20%, but, yeah, absolutely

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom