Love Mitch Kimble | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Love Mitch Kimble

Long's biggest attributes are his confidence/competitiveness, football IQ and mild athleticism. Right now he is small, and has a dart throwing motion. With that said, I am impress with his ability to move the offense with only 15 practices. Could be a early sign of continued progress. I dont know. He may work his butt off to get in position for the 2 spot. Could take some time. IMO, I think Kimble will be the #2 and Alin will compete for that spot by next spring. Wilson has the strongest arm. He had two good throws, the fade to Ashton and the seam to cooper other than that it was two screens that ashton and kobena had that made him look more impressive. I like every thing I saw in Kimble except the duck he threw to ashton on the curl out and the over throw he had in the redzone to QF. Kimble seems like he has the most upside. The more reps he gets the better he will become. Over all I was encouraged with all the QB's.

Last edited:
money3189 said:
Long's biggest attributes are his confidence/competitiveness, football IQ and mild athleticism. Right now he is small, and has a dart throwing motion. With that said, I am impress with ability to move the offense with only 15 practices. Could be a early sign of continues progress. I dont know. He may work his butt off to get in position for the 2 spot. Could take some time. IMO, I think Kimble will be the #2 and Alin will compete for that spot by next spring. Wilson has the strongest arm. He had two good throws, the fade to Ashton and the seam to cooper other than that it was two screens that ashton and kobena had that made him look more impressive. I like every thing I saw in Kimble except the duck he threw to ashton on the curl out and the over throw he had in the redzone to QF. Kimble seems like he has the most upside. The more reps he gets the better he will become. Over all I was encouraged with all the QB's.

I agree with your last point. I liked all of them and saw positives in each one. Gonna be a battle for #2.

AJ definitely needs to redshirt. He's not close to being ready to play at this level. Kimble and Wilson are both better.

AJ definitely needs to redshirt. He's not close to being ready to play at this level. Kimble and Wilson are both better.
I honestly thought he handled the offense very well. He was the first backup out and orchestrated a great drive. Let's keep in mind, this is a kid who graduated high school early. He should be at prom right now--the fact that he seems to be able to confidently lead the offense after only 15 practices says a lot about his character. He made a few nice throws and showed some mobility as well.

I really love the way the staff worked the younger qb's into the spring game. They worked with 1st/2nd and 3rd team players and I wish Kinder had that chance even though I think that these 3 are better overall qb's at the same stage of their career's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom