Love this Baber's quote | Syracusefan.com

Love this Baber's quote

OrangeJohn

Walk On
Babers thinks SU is a sleeping giant on par with the way Baylor went from basement dweller to national power.

"I just really believe that this place is a sleeping giant. It reminded me a lot of the Baylor program that I went and started with Art Briles. Everyone knows where they're at now and it was 17, 18 years of consecutive losing seasons [sic 14] and I thought the past history and past tradition of Syracuse were a lot stronger.

"I see this as something as maybe if we come in here and do it the right way and put a foundation on it, we can build a bridge from the old foundation to the new foundation, we can get this thing jumpstarted and back where everyone wants it to be.

If he was just a fan and had wrote that here or .com or TNIAAM , he would have been soundly beaten about the head and shoulder area , metaphorically. :eek: . Good for Dino.

Babers thinks SU is a sleeping giant on par with the way Baylor went from basement dweller to national power.

"I just really believe that this place is a sleeping giant. It reminded me a lot of the Baylor program that I went and started with Art Briles. Everyone knows where they're at now and it was 17, 18 years of consecutive losing seasons [sic 14] and I thought the past history and past tradition of Syracuse were a lot stronger.

"I see this as something as maybe if we come in here and do it the right way and put a foundation on it, we can build a bridge from the old foundation to the new foundation, we can get this thing jumpstarted and back where everyone wants it to be.
It gets even better!

"We're the only Power 5 school with a dome. There's a lot of NFL football teams that play in those type of structures," Babers said. "If you're looking for young men that are trying to get to the National Football League, what better practice or training ground than the Carrier Dome?

"I think with that home-field advantage and being able to the get people in there with the right home-field advantage, I think we can be a powerhouse in the ACC."

I have found a soul mate.

What a sappy dude you are.

Hey Dino...

82911youcompletemelovequoteitssimpleyoucompletemelovephotoloveimage.jpg

Fairly easy to turn Baylor around when they are in a recruiting hotbed of Texas.

Fairly easy to turn Baylor around when they are in a recruiting hotbed of Texas.
I'm not slamming you, but Baylor was a far cry from what it is today before the new system was installed. The Texas kids were disinterested until they knew it was a good fit. That is why I have wondered why SU coaches failed to use the Dome to its greatest natural characteristic, perfect weather for speed! Mac got speed, PP had speed for a while, speed was not the premium that it will be now.

Then how do you explain Rice and SMU?
There has to be more than just a nearby school to draw Texas kids, just like Florida kids. The kids will go where they believe they can flourish.

"We're the only Power 5 school with a dome. There's a lot of NFL football teams that play in those type of structures," Babers said. "If you're looking for young men that are trying to get to the National Football League, what better practice or training ground than the Carrier Dome?

"I think with that home-field advantage and being able to the get people in there with the right home-field advantage, I think we can be a powerhouse in the ACC."
tumblr_ny4gte4ykA1s5e5bko1_500.gif

OrlandoCuse said:

Baylor hasn't been lighting up the recruiting trail until just recently. We can turn it around with classes in the 40's.

We haven't had a single practice yet and I already LOVE this guy. He totally gets it, because he's around the same age as a certain group of fans who are the bridge back to those glory days - the first glory days when we were kids (The 44's, Mackey, Csonka, up to Monk and Morris) and the second glory years (Graves, Moose, Harrison, McNabb, Freeney). He's the right age that if he gets this right, he will be here until he retires. This could be glory days, part 3 (with all due respect to the ancient teams of the 20s and 30s). SO PUMPED!!

OrlandoCuse said:

I mean, obviously. It's not like they generally sucked for 90 years before Briles. His brilliant decision was moving Baylor to Texas. Remind me, where was Baylor located before Briles moved it to Texas? Was it Montana? I always forget these things.

It gets even better!

Ditto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom